My first Supergun build

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
It's about 95% done. Finally finished my Supergun build. It was a lot of fun building and learning how this goes together. After restoring an arcade cab I learned a lot about Jamma standard and decided to give this a shot.

I really want to thank James from Jamma Nation X, I know I asked a bunch of dumb questions but he was a huge help and his website was an endless resource of information.

I'll have a video soon of it in action, I recently got my first set of CPS2 boards and having a blast reliving arcade memories from the 90s.

image.jpg

Last edited:

mikey

Marked Wolf
This thing is great, nice job! What features did you build into it?

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
Here is a video

http://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0

Features:

- kick harness port
- internal fan
- internal arcade power supply
- 3&4 player capability
- test switch (rear mounted)
- service switch (rear mounted)
- audio attenuation switch
- RGB out 8-din connector
- digital temperature gauge
- 5V voltage meter
- 5V adjustment knob

Last edited:

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
I do suck at Tekken 2 lol, no memory of any of those 10 hit combos. I'm more of a Street Fighter player. ;-)

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Nice job on the supergun, it looks awesome. I love the meter. Where did you get the case from?

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
Case came from a mid 2000's direct TV sattelite receiver box. There is a picture of what it used to look like in the video.

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
Great build dude. Really digging the meters. I've never seen those cases for JAMMA edge connectors before. They give it a really nice, clean finish!