Here's like it looked when I got it
1462868_10202560805520960_2020094556_n.jpg

After removing that PVC crap it had
1513728_10203873656781421_9042169143930826299_n.jpg

Now I've painted it, I'll upload the pic later

and I'm also making new desings for the CP
11050776_10206318232494286_9004331293197931065_o.jpg
10985475_10206318232534287_8849632327411150875_o.jpg

for the Audio I'll install an atenuation circuit and a Stereo amp, I have a brand new Monitor Chasis and a brand new 29" screen.

I'll post some more later :D

Hitokiri

Crossed Swords Squire
I trew away the stupid marquee ir had, and now I don't know how to copy the shape XD
I didn't scan it before throwing it out....

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh man you're off to a great start! Beautiful work on those CPs, I like them a lot. I strongly suggest sourcing another astro CP with a better button layout, I'm sure you can find it but if not this one will do.

Industries Lorenzo 4LF!

What people don't realize is how hard it is to source things like this in south America. I remember back in the 80's my pal had a home made electric guitar, It was based on the B.C. Rich Warlock and it looked awesome, fake but awesome nonetheless. It's what we do, "Hechizo" it's a lifestyle.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
sweet baby jesus, anything would be an improvement over the state it was in. look forward to seeing more pics.:buttrock:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
That thing looks like it spent 20 years in a DPRK labor camp!

Looking forward to your progress!

Hitokiri

Crossed Swords Squire
Oh man you're off to a great start! Beautiful work on those CPs, I like them a lot. I strongly suggest sourcing another astro CP with a better button layout, I'm sure you can find it but if not this one will do.

Industries Lorenzo 4LF!

What people don't realize is how hard it is to source things like this in south America. I remember back in the 80's my pal had a home made electric guitar, It was based on the B.C. Rich Warlock and it looked awesome, fake but awesome nonetheless. It's what we do, "Hechizo" it's a lifestyle.

I haven't changed the layout because of the plastic panel that holds all the buttons and sticks, I don't want to change it, but later when everything is runing, maybe I'll make a wood one.

Hitokiri

Crossed Swords Squire
Here's how it looks right now
IMG_20150328_115236056.jpgIMG_20150328_115253395.jpgIMG_20150328_115319109.jpgIMG_20150328_115403884.jpg

All painted, damn it took a lot of sanding.
I'll get back the plastic CP this tuesday along with the acrilic cover I had made for it, along with the marquee and CP graphics.:buttrock:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You're right, you could just make one out of wood instead with a plexyglass top, I would. Sega has the best button layouts though, I'd copy that, that CP you got it's a knock off but I'm sure you know that. Anyway, best of luck.

I have this old beat up NAC Sega CP that I'd gladly give to you for free, just pay shipping, however someone mounted seimitsu sticks on it without knowing how to do it and butchered the CP. It still better than what you got and you could just replace the CPO with your custom graphics.

Excellent work by the way, it's gonna turn out great. My advice, sand some of the excess paint and paint again with a foam roller, much better results. Also some side art matching your custom CP art would be ace, would add a lot of flair to it.

Last edited:

Hitokiri

Crossed Swords Squire
You're right, you could just make one out of wood instead with a plexyglass top, I would. Sega has the best button layouts though, I'd copy that, that CP you got it's a knock off but I'm sure you know that. Anyway, best of luck.

I have this old beat up NAC Sega CP that I'd gladly give to you for free, just pay shipping, however someone mounted seimitsu sticks on it without knowing how to do it and butchered the CP. It still better than what you got and you could just replace the CPO with your custom graphics.

Excellent work by the way, it's gonna turn out great. My advice, sand some of the excess paint and paint again with a foam roller, much better results. Also some side art matching your custom CP art would be ace, would add a lot of flair to it.

it would be great to get that CP, I could use it to make a second layout for this machine.
I have a PO Box in miami where you can send it. I'll send you my details by PM you can send me your paypal.
:D

About the side stuff.... it's a nightmare for me, I don't know what to do...
I have a few logos in vinyl but I'm thinking of painting some vertical lines maybe in red or black
I still don't know what to do.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
PM me with details, I'll ship it and let you know how much that costs, then you can paypal me, I don't think it'll be more than 10 to 20 USD. I'll take a pic of it first so you can see it. I don't want you wasting your money if it's not something you want, it's pretty beat up so you definitely want to do some custom artwork for it. I think it would work well for what you are doing, and since you're going IL, I think it will fit perfect 'cause whomever had it enlarged the start buttons, they're usually 24mm holes but they're larger now.

If it was me, I'd use the same art for the CP on a 3" strip that goes along the side of the monitor shroud. Like a Sega cab. Either of the 2 will do, it'll look cool.

Shady994Cab02.jpg

A simple strip like that matching the art of the CP would be awesome. You can do it in 2 parts as well. The possibilities are endless and you don't need to go super crazy with side art and spend too much money on that.

I also have a great contact that prints the stuff, Scott @ Gamesgraphix is the man, look it up online, he'll show up and you can email him a PDF for a quote, guy is awesome, my to go guy for all my projects. The bulletproof material he uses looks and feels amazing for CPOs, for the side you can have it printed on cheaper material that he can also provide you with. Well worth the shot if you don't have a source for printing.

Another suggestion, if you can. The marquee area could be cut and leave enough space to mount 2 sheets of plexy, like the set up for your CP which is routed BTW. Anyway, cut that out so you can place a fluorescent fixture (Any cheap kitchen set up will do) and then have a mrquee printed on millar (marquee material made to be lighted) that matches all the artwork of your CP and side art, it will look phenomenal.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
767f721d3ec70cc2243312c3de7f31ea.jpg

db78f904d4fc52c9261125f3eff3ac9f.jpg

meow.jpg

lol

Veni te pregunto, Los Prisioneros todavia tocan?! Pegaron fuerte con el movimiento de Rock en Español en Colombia cuando era un peladito.

Last edited:

Hitokiri

Crossed Swords Squire
SI! lo quiero :D

Los prisioneros ya no estan juntos, Jorge Gonzalez canta solo ahora, pero no ha hecho nada muy
llamativo y ahora que se enfermo va a estar sin cantar por un tiempo yo creo.

Hitokiri

Crossed Swords Squire
IMG_20150602_225354003.jpg

I've been doing some progress, 1 damn year after I begun.
Tomorrow I'm hoping to get a new Jamma harness.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
I still find wood on a candy the most weird thing ever :). I bet she's going to look great though!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I feel horrible 'cause I forgot all about that CP. I still have it and I'm truly sorry, pm sent.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Badass project! Looking forward to seeing it complete. Putting work into making a turd transform into a one-of-a-kind gem is so satisfying.

Hitokiri

Crossed Swords Squire
Thank you for your kind words
I made some more progress last night
I'll have it working by next week even if it kills me !!
Untitled-1.jpg

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
bat tops on candy??
icon33.gif

looks good though

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Cab looks great, what an improvement!

Hitokiri

Crossed Swords Squire
Everything is working now, I just need to do some wiring management, adjust the screen a bit, add a credit button and put a few covers.
I'll put a final Picture when those last covers are installed.