Naomi Universal/Net City Club

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Ok guys, thanks for the inputs.

The sad thing is that my Sanwa (the one that was in the cab that had sound issues) just died last Friday.

I even opened a thread. I replaced a fried resistor but the problem remains.

Read my response to your monitor thread. Also did you check your HOT removed from the chassis or still soldered in? Proper way is using the diode check on a MM outside of circuit.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Here's the starter bulb on amazon I used to get the light working again. It may be more convenient to order from amazon for some people.

Question: This may be a dumb one, but I'm running a dreamcast and only a dreamcast currently in the NNC. I've plugged the hacked DC power cable into the 3-pin connector that usually reaches to the power supply of the cabinet.

I'm not damaging anything by leaving the power supply off, am I? I'm assuming it's just there to power any arcade system I would choose to eventually install.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I unhook the sun PSU in my cab when I put a 360 in it. It pretty much just powers the arcade mobo and IO board. If you don't need them it won't hurt anything to unhook it.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Cool, thanks. I needed the peace of mind.

Does anyone have a guide or instructions on how to make a hacked 3-pin power cord? Both the DC, PS2 and I think PS3 share the same cord, and I'd like to make another to make sure I don't have wires everywhere.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Joined this club this weekend.

the guy took my low offer, so I could not pass. http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEGA-VIRTUA...957?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c41087685

minivan fuck yeah :buttrock:
14536667902_4b2a50d005_c.jpg

top shape monitor :buttrock:
14537647355_a241041a39_c.jpg

14514535456_c7af508e3e_c.jpg

oh yeah, and I found this in it...
Spoiler:

14514520446_d38f354e29_z.jpg

14537635675_a60be6e7e7.jpg

14534282721_02491bc147.jpg

no wonder they thought it wasn't making any money :lolz:

spare mobo+game, 152.50$ in change. all and all that was a steal :D

it came with the mobo & virtua tennis, the guy made it a point to tell me that I can put different cartridges in there. I thanked him for the tip ;)

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Definitely a nice grab. $375 and took your offer. I'm gonna guess $300 even. With all the change you beat the price of mine $150 /w the same mb/game.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Joined this club this weekend.

the guy took my low offer, so I could not pass.
spare mobo+game, 152.50$ in change. all and all that was a steal :D

it came with the mobo & virtua tennis, the guy made it a point to tell me that I can put different cartridges in there. I thanked him for the tip ;)

Damn man. congrats on the scoop! I'd kill for one of these locally!

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Sweet! What's my finder's fee again? ;)

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Good buy codecrank! I saw the auction(s) for it. Looked like it was located inside a public fitness center or something. Now looking at the pictures again, it appears to be a restaurant.

Any burn on that tube?

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Got the proper security PIC now. Chop phase is coming soon after I decide of moving stuff around inside. Getting a 360 passthru made by Lemony atm.

GGX15_zps72be58a4.jpg

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
thanks guys :D yeah it was in an old school pizza/arcade place. this one was outside of the kid area , so it's relatively clean. I can see some some very faint text at the top on a solid white screen, otherwise the crt is perfect

chem said:
Sweet! What's my finder's fee again?
ha ! hmm, I'll take it easy on you during the next SOTM ? ;)

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Got the proper security PIC now. Chop phase is coming soon after I decide of moving stuff around inside. Getting a 360 passthru made by Lemony atm.

so I'm curious, what do you do about the coin mech when you chop it ? all the hardware in the panel is completely missing, including the slot.

also... anyone knows where do I get the noa-60022 loom ?, it appears that the usual suspects are sold out. I'd like to convert the wiring to JP specs if possible since all my panels are JP specs.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
so I'm curious, what do you do about the coin mech when you chop it ? all the hardware in the panel is completely missing, including the slot.

also... anyone knows where do I get the noa-60022 loom ?, it appears that the usual suspects are sold out. I'd like to convert the wiring to JP specs if possible since all my panels are JP specs.

When spares were stocked, ppl snagged a UK/JP upper CP and the coin assembly. Now they are extremely hard to find. I'm just not gonna bother with it. I got my 60022 loom from giz10p when they still had them as Andy was sold out. Seems the supply is dry unless you can maybe find one on YAJ.

Lemony Vengeance

When spares were stocked, ppl snagged a UK/JP upper CP and the coin assembly. Now they are extremely hard to find. I'm just not gonna bother with it. I got my 60022 loom from giz10p when they still had them as Andy was sold out. Seems the supply is dry unless you can maybe find one on YAJ.

can repro looms be made?

Lemony Vengeance

oh I can make one, it's just a VERY time consuming loom to make. Maybe I'll just hack cut the molex connectors and put in some board mount AMP female connectors...

14537651845_967d62481e_c.jpg

I think that would be the easier course of action.

I'm going to email ken to see if he has any Uni's in stock. Also, how deep is that CP? Pretty deep? deep enough to put a 2 inch tall project box in?

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Also, how deep is that CP? Pretty deep? deep enough to put a 2 inch tall project box in?

About 2-2 1/2" where the lock bar is. However you have the deep "well" that matches the other side where the coin mech goes.

photo_3.JPG

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Yeah, that's where I keep the baking soda

This was mine before it got a full wash and scrub in the tub:
Uni_CP_Lower.JPG

Yes, it is actual mold from so many drinks, etc spilled into it. The attendants at this location which was a rental didn't give 2 shits.

First time I ever got sick from restoring a cab. The JVS I/O actually still worked, I had to run it thru the dishwasher 2x to get it clean.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
wow, that is just plain nasty... mine looks clean in comparison.

when I start cleaning it , I'll post some before and after pics :)

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I'm moving in about a month to a place where I'll have a nice basement for my arcade stuff. One of these months, I'll finally tear down my net cities and give them the rest of the cleaning that they deserve.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I'm moving in about a month to a place where I'll have a nice basement for my arcade stuff. One of these months, I'll finally tear down my net cities and give them the rest of the cleaning that they deserve.

Yeah I moved into a house with a basement a few years ago, now it's jammed with arcade games. Now I'm looking for a house with a bigger basement :-) sorta wish these things didn't take up so much room, but it's great when they are all on at once.