Naomi Universal/Net City Club

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Yeah I moved into a house with a basement a few years ago, now it's jammed with arcade games. Now I'm looking for a house with a bigger basement :-) sorta wish these things didn't take up so much room, but it's great when they are all on at once.

Any pics?

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Lemony's Xbox360 Passthru and Pi power cable. My J360 and Naomi are hooked into a VGA switcher with audio and a wired remote. Switching between either is just a button press.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
How can I enter the monitor settings mode on a NNC? I've done it before and have no idea how I did. Does it need to have a game running through it?

My bigger issue is that running a PS2/PS3 through it has the screen darker than usual.
aredeqan.jpg

I have the sync split on green. A dreamcast vga runs perfect.

The ps3 hooked up to the blast is bright
u7y7ane7.jpg

But when I flip the manual third dip setting on it, it darkens to the amount that the NNC does.

So I think the NNC has an issue recognizing something.

EDIT: yeah not great pics but I assure you the net city is dark. And I used a jpac to amplify the signal on the net city. No help.

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
How can I enter the monitor settings mode on a NNC? I've done it before and have no idea how I did. Does it need to have a game running through it?

My bigger issue is that running a PS2/PS3 through it has the screen darker than usual.

Your main monitor adjustments are the pots above the Volume control and Red Test, Service, and Degauss buttons. On a Uni/NC/NNC.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Your main monitor adjustments are the pots above the Volume control and Red Test, Service, and Degauss buttons. On a Uni/NC/NNC.

There is expanded menus too on the net city by holding down buttons as well. I believe it's two at the same time for a few seconds on the right side of the remote board. Can't remember what they are marked not being in front of it.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Yeah i see the buttons, they just don't do anything when I hit them.

EDIT: The degauss works.

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Yeah i see the buttons, they just don't do anything when I hit them.

EDIT: The degauss works.

Its the knobs aka pots above those red buttons, I can even see them in your picture. As Westcb stated there is also a menu on NC/NNC monitors.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Yeah. The tiny knobs. They don't work.

I'm guessing I unplugged something when I cleaned it and moved shit around then

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Yeah. The tiny knobs. They don't work.

I'm guessing I unplugged something when I cleaned it and moved shit around then

They have a flat cable that plugs directly to the chassis, just check if it got loose.

Hey! I guess I should join the club.

Has anyone come up with a good solution for securing the Raspberry Pi netbooting board inside their Net City cab? Where has been the most convenient place to put this/mount this?
Looking at the post above, it looks like inside the CP might be a good idea, but I'd prefer some protection of some sort around it.

Also, what has been the best way to "restore" the yellowed plastic on the Net City cabs?

Thanks in advance, and it looks like you guys have some nice cabs with a lot of work put in!

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Hey! I guess I should join the club.

Has anyone come up with a good solution for securing the Raspberry Pi netbooting board inside their Net City cab? Where has been the most convenient place to put this/mount this?
Looking at the post above, it looks like inside the CP might be a good idea, but I'd prefer some protection of some sort around it.

Also, what has been the best way to "restore" the yellowed plastic on the Net City cabs?

Thanks in advance, and it looks like you guys have some nice cabs with a lot of work put in!

Well inside the control panel is plenty secure, and as you can see in that pic he has a protective case around the net pi, so I'm thinking you can't get any better then that. As far as restoring the yellow, only solution is retr0bright for restoring. You can obviously just paint it too. I have done both and painting is much easier and yields a bright white result if that's what you want.

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't see the case the first time. D'oh

Well inside the control panel is plenty secure, and as you can see in that pic he has a protective case around the net pi, so I'm thinking you can't get any better then that. As far as restoring the yellow, only solution is retr0bright for restoring. You can obviously just paint it too. I have done both and painting is much easier and yields a bright white result if that's what you want.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Lemony's Xbox360 Passthru and Pi power cable. My J360 and Naomi are hooked into a VGA switcher with audio and a wired remote. Switching between either is just a button press.

attachment.php

attachment.php

How are you getting controls from the 360 to the cab? Some sort of JVS adapter?

Looks hella clean; I'd love to do this.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
How are you getting controls from the 360 to the cab? Some sort of JVS adapter?

Looks hella clean; I'd love to do this.

It's a passthrough. It uses the connection from the CP connectors, passes them to the controllers, then passes them on to the sticks and buttons. I'm making two more, one 360, one Dreamcast and figured out a better way to pass it through. I'll text you pics when I'm done, MR Future NNC owner :)

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
It's a passthrough. It uses the connection from the CP connectors, passes them to the controllers, then passes them on to the sticks and buttons. I'm making two more, one 360, one Dreamcast and figured out a better way to pass it through. I'll text you pics when I'm done, MR Future NNC owner :)

Wait, so JAMMA box style, for JVS?!?

*faints*

You know I have to do something w/ this 360 box now, right? ;^)

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member

Anything I can do with mine or are you doing different controller pcbs this round?

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
no, nothing REALLY different, just wiring.

Wataru, Rep noticed some interesting issues with his setup that you may also encounter if you end up picking one up from me. You should talk with him.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Damn, crank. That's no easy task. I've been putting off doing my net cities for a long time :/

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
started moving foward with the multi system gun conversion...

took off that ugly mesh and cash box.
15627473319_573b3b57ab_c.jpg

15197145954_1fd9c5e5a2_c.jpg

built the mounting plate for the gun i/o
15197658313_c70a133254_c.jpg

15631919257_f74a24a708_c.jpg

15631284909_4ef9fe4e0e_c.jpg

plenty of clearance for all the wiring to come ... ;)
15631702188_c2d2d17d69_c.jpg