Need a new X360

SuperDeadite

Zero's Tailor
So my old original JP (no HDMI) 360 died a good couple years ago. It was out of warranty, and I really didn't care so it's been collecting dust.

Today my copy of Idolmaster 2 shipped, and it's finally time to get a new one. So, which is the best model to get? The slims in local stores only have 4gb hdds, which seems pointless. Since my old 20gb drive is just about full. So I guess Elite or a slim?

Do new 360's include transfer cables? I'd really hate to have to download everything again...

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Just get an old Jasper without a hard drive and use your old 20 gig one.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Just wondering: How much do the 4GB models go for over there?

Also, is your avatar from the opening movie in Bulk Slash?

SuperDeadite

Zero's Tailor
Just wondering: How much do the 4GB models go for over there?

Also, is your avatar from the opening movie in Bulk Slash?

18,000yen off Amazon. Problem is my 20gb is almost full, Idolmaster 2 is gonna eat up a good 20gbs by itself sooner or later. One of the few game series that gets real DLC. And yes, my avatar is Meticul Flair from Bulk Slash :)

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I picked up a 250GB hard drive a few months ago for $60 off of Circuit City.com. I haven't been looking lately, obviously, but that deal wasn't one of a kind... They do it often for the older style HDs. As was said, grab a Jasper (non-slim) and just get a cheap 250GB hard drive when they go on sale. The bigger drives come with transfer cables. The systems, obviously, do not.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Just picked up a 250GB JPN Slim.

Figure it's the best bang for the buck.

Wish I didn't have to wait till next week for it to ship.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
If you get a Slim, you can just stick your 20gb HDD in there (crack open the HDD case). You can also buy a generic laptop HDD and format it with some special software so you can use it in your 360 without having to pay ridiculous prices for an official one. The final option is to use standard USB flash drives. The 360 can support up to two USB flash drives at once, 16gb max on each drive.

If you want to try formatting a generic drive, read this :

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375040

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Yeah, make a new hard drive and transfer the data from your 20 gig. That's what I did (I just used a 64 meg MU, so I could transfer most of the game saves but not quite everything). I've bought more consoles, but I've never had to buy a hard drive again.

SuperDeadite

Zero's Tailor
Well I went out to stores and living in Japan's country side, not a lot of options with buying Xboxes. So I just said screw it and bought the 250gb slim. Thankfully they had a used transfer cable in stock for only 500yen. So it wasn't the cheapest option, but I'm lazy.

Now just hope Idolmaster 2 gets delivered tommorow. The first game kept me hooked for over a year. :)

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Well I went out to stores and living in Japan's country side, not a lot of options with buying Xboxes. So I just said screw it and bought the 250gb slim. Thankfully they had a used transfer cable in stock for only 500yen. So it wasn't the cheapest option, but I'm lazy.

Now just hope Idolmaster 2 gets delivered tommorow. The first game kept me hooked for over a year. :)

Want to pick me one up so I dont have to wait for Play - Asia to ship mine?

Daedalus

If there's a Bandwagon. I'm on it!
If you get a Slim, you can just stick your 20gb HDD in there (crack open the HDD case). You can also buy a generic laptop HDD and format it with some special software so you can use it in your 360 without having to pay ridiculous prices for an official one. The final option is to use standard USB flash drives. The 360 can support up to two USB flash drives at once, 16gb max on each drive.

If you want to try formatting a generic drive, read this :

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375040

Just as stated here you can plug and of the old HD's into the slim there is a door on one side, and it slides right in, just have to remove it from the plastic case, its like 4 screws...

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
If you're going to put it into a slim, order a cheap drive caddy off deal extreme. Otherwise the drive is just sort of dangling around in there by its sata connection.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Sorry, I bought the only one in stock. Very unpopular machine here. :lolz:

So does everybody in Japan buy the PS3 version of everything, or is everybody playing Wii and DS? It seems with all of the 360 exclusives that the machine would have picked up some underground popularity by now.

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Sorry, I bought the only one in stock. Very unpopular machine here. :lolz:

Cancelled my order with Play-Asia, ordered from HMV.

They stated that it was in stock - but nothing yet.

Hope I didn't fuck myself over.

SuperDeadite

Zero's Tailor
So does everybody in Japan buy the PS3 version of everything, or is everybody playing Wii and DS? It seems with all of the 360 exclusives that the machine would have picked up some underground popularity by now.

DS and Wii kill everything else. Then PS3, and finally 360. 360 has a nice niche following in Japan, games are easy to get. But stores keep hardware stock low, can always just order from amazon too.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Cancelled my order with Play-Asia, ordered from HMV.

They stated that it was in stock - but nothing yet.

Hope I didn't fuck myself over.

isn't HMV based in the UK? i always thought it was like their best buy or virgin megastore or something? i'm really surprised they sell jpn 360s?

hope you didnt order a pal 360! i'd check that order in case you need to cancel it.

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
isn't HMV based in the UK? i always thought it was like their best buy or virgin megastore or something? i'm really surprised they sell jpn 360s?

hope you didnt order a pal 360! i'd check that order in case you need to cancel it.

Www.HMV.co.jp

Says it's processing.

Didn't know it was so fucking hard to get a J360