Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
P.s. Don't ask why everything is so expensive bite the bullet and accept the fate that you just stepped into an expensive side of the gaming world.

THIS^^ lol.

Well first of all welcome I guess, nice scoop. If you searched you would get a result of you need a 5V 3amp power supply. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Supply-for-Neo-Geo-AES-Pro-Pow-Pow2-UL-AC-Adapter-Cord-Cable-US-Plug-/281274620620?pt=US_Video_Game_Cables_Adapters&hash=item417d461acc

P.s. Don't ask why everything is so expensive bite the bullet and accept the fate that you just stepped into an expensive side of the gaming world.

Thank you. I should have reiterated, how come terrible games are so expensive. I knew what I was getting myself into, I used to have a neo geo in uni, my roommates and I chipped in and bought one with some of the classic fighters. 8 months ago there was a flood in Toronto and I lost all my stuff I collected since I was a kid, easily one of the worst moments in my life. This neo geo ingot was the luckiest, flukiest thing ever. My girlfriend found it in Niagara Falls at a garage sale while there for a stag.

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
Thank you. I should have reiterated, how come terrible games are so expensive. I knew what I was getting myself into, I used to have a neo geo in uni, my roommates and I chipped in and bought one with some of the classic fighters. 8 months ago there was a flood in Toronto and I lost all my stuff I collected since I was a kid, easily one of the worst moments in my life. This neo geo ingot was the luckiest, flukiest thing ever. My girlfriend found it in Niagara Falls at a garage sale while there for a stag.
Oh lol. And sorry to hear about the flood :(. Define shitty games lol, because if you want the US dog tag version yeah they are ridiculous but the Japanese versions are a lot cheaper. But be prepared to pay about $50-$60 for a low end cart and for decent titles average of between $170-$350. Your best bet is to get a mvs to aes converter or a cmvs.

Oh lol. And sorry to hear about the flood :(. Define shitty games lol, because if you want the US dog tag version yeah they are ridiculous but the Japanese versions are a lot cheaper. But be prepared to pay about $50-$60 for a low end cart and for decent titles average of between $170-$350. Your best bet is to get a mvs to aes converter or a cmvs.

I saw in the neo geo store they had that multi cart with 161 games on it but it's sadly sold out, I would easily pay that price.

Yah I'm noticing the American versions are a lot more expensive, even for super spy lol. I know this May sound weird, I don't want to mod my system, I love the simple beauty of it haha. Have you gotten those component/scart mods on your neo geo?

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
Yah I'm noticing the American versions are a lot more expensive, even for super spy lol. I know this May sound weird, I don't want to mod my system, I love the simple beauty of it haha. Have you gotten those component/scart mods on your neo geo?

Pm me and we can chat there no end to clutter this thread.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
My suggestion is only buy the AES games you really, truly want. A few $100 games isn't that bad, assuming you'll play them for years and get full enjoyment out of them. Having a few of your absolute favorites makes the AES more special to have.

Medaka350

n00b
Why is everything so expensive? I bought a neo geo gold aes system at a garage sale for 20$ last week. I want to make a post on where I could buy a power adaptor but I can't make any new threads. Anyone know where I can get one?View attachment 12812. I've attached the back of the console.

It will crash and go back to normal levels within a few more years.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
The state of things really annoys me. Seeing how much things I got years ago go for nowadays has caused me to overspend and acquire a bunch of things I've wanted in fear that prices will only get worse. With all old systems but especially the MVS. I can say except for the really hard to get titles I have everything I want to play as far as retro titles go at this point, thank god. It's a nice thing that this forum is still kicking though and we sort of look out for each other.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
IDK,

Hoarders can only hard so much. Then the weight of their collections crush them.

It's funny: They think they are ATLAS, and can hold the weight of the world on their shoulders forever; however, in reality, they know they are nothing but little camels dreading the straw that will break their back. And when it does break, that's when they drop everything (back on to the market).

So, Free Tip: Stick to your guns and let others over pay for stuff. You don't want to get stuck with a Hot-Potato when the Music Stops.

No, no it won't. It's going to get worse, people are hoarding stuff now and games are no longer in normal circulation.

Hope you're right but I doubt it. Supply and demand. I think some people have an addiction, no joke. Any one know a good multicart for the aes?

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
Hope you're right but I doubt it. Supply and demand. I think some people have an addiction, no joke. Any one know a good multicart for the aes?

That one you saw at the neo store is the only multicart ever for the aes. Your best bet is to get a mvs to aes converter and a mvs multicart.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

No, He really is right. It's been this way for a long time and it's only going to get worse before it gets better. Case in point being Samurai Shodown V MVS. There is no fucking reason whatsoever that cart should be that much and yet dumbfucks with more money then common sense are now paying out the ass for it. Supply and Demand is one thing but being a fucking idiot with no patience is another.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Some mvs titles go up in price, others come down when people find a warehouse full of NOS kits (such as Metal slug 4).

G

greeneye8181

No, He really is right. It's been this way for a long time and it's only going to get worse before it gets better. Case in point being Samurai Shodown V MVS. There is no fucking reason whatsoever that cart should be that much and yet dumbfucks with more money then common sense are now paying out the ass for it. Supply and Demand is one thing but being a fucking idiot with no patience is another.

I've been trying to figure the market out myself. History says it will go up some more, then crash, then level out to where it "should" be.
When it does level out expect it to be near the middle of the peak/bottom. Just a guess but the hoarding theory is definitely interesting.
I can picture one on the show. Every room is full of video game stuff and the host is forcing them to sell/throw it out, but then the hoarder steps in a demands certain games he keeps...
Maybe just the common titles will crash and the rare ones won't...

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member

It's the $600+ SVC Chaos MVS kits that I just CANNOT understand. I mean, huh?
At least in the case of Samurai 5 Special the MVS cart is STILL a lot cheaper than the home cart...

Who buys the damn SVC Chaos kit when the home cart is half the price?? And isn't this on the multicart for people who just want to "play" it?

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
... Who buys the damn SVC Chaos kit when the home cart is half the price?? ...

Yeah, I know, and you never see 'em showing off their $600 carts on the forums either.

So, I think we know all the answer to that one.

Spoiler:
f989c6_1322764.jpg

I've been trying to figure the market out myself. History says it will go up some more, then crash, then level out to where it "should" be.
When it does level out expect it to be near the middle of the peak/bottom. Just a guess but the hoarding theory is definitely interesting.
I can picture one on the show. Every room is full of video game stuff and the host is forcing them to sell/throw it out, but then the hoarder steps in a demands certain games he keeps...
Maybe just the common titles will crash and the rare ones won't...

I think it's going to get worse. Case and point hoarders of other consoles will move to neo geo eventually. I hate it when people collect stuff just to have it and show off. I know so many collectors like that.