Neo-Geo on Wii Virtual Console

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
So are these definitely going to be released in North America? I see no reason why not, but SNKP has been known to fuck up a wet dream.

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
This is a bomb! MSX and Neo Geo, the best of the best... let's see how this will affect the prices on the NGH market...

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Holy fuck :eek_2:

The Wii has already far-surpassed Nintendo's last two consoles combined with this news!

Big-N + SNK = WINNAR

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I have a feeling the heavyhitters may not come out for weeks/months.
It'll probably start with games released in 93 and below for a while and then turn up to maximum overdrive (Emilio!) with the release of Sam Sho.

This would be so wonderful if it came stateside. A new generation of young gamers getting into the Neo...

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
20,000 Wii Points per download. Just wait.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I'll really care if they add online versus play, otherwise was gonna get a Wii anyway.

24-bit

Kuroko's Training Dummy
ok ok

OK, ok I understand this is a neo geo board. but isn't anyone interested in getting english versions of msx games on their wii? snatcher anyone??

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Online Play would be nice, but I doubt it. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the reason that their XBLA releases never came stateside was from making the game compatible with US servers and such (I mean look how games like MI2 are missing Online Play in the US versions)

The Wii however lets them port games from their library simple and effectively. Once they work with Nintendo and get their "emulator" up and running aside from testng and releasing "roms" it's just a matter of making up a manual for the game like what's available in all the other VC games (movelists and the such would be great)

I personally don't mind them taking that route at all.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
24-bit said:
OK, ok I understand this is a neo geo board. but isn't anyone interested in getting english versions of msx games on their wii? snatcher anyone??

Nintendo + Censorship = Always a bad combination. :oh_no:

jajaja

n00b
It suprises me if Nintendo manage to release Neo Geo games thats bigger than 100-150 megs, considering the small internal memory space. That will leave out basicly every fighting game and MS title (you got Metal Slug Anthology tho :))

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Professor Denim said:
HORI hurry up!

actually it would be neat if SNK made some sticks for the wii similar
to what they did for the ps2.

dakingofzumunda

Robert Garcia's Butler
I didn't even know this was going to happen. Very exciting news. Even though i already have the romz(on various platforms), i'm still willing to buy Neo-Geo downloads just for the Wii.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I guess this is snkp telling sony... fuck you on there devolpment cost for the PS3.

Well all kidding aside it just means more "money for snkp on the licenseing side.

The most, i'm interested in at this point is being able to play msx titles.

I just hope the msx stuff won't be jpn only.

AirRaid

B. Jenet's Firstmate
wow that means Wii might get R-Type 4 (ahem, Pulstar) on Wii.

hopefully Last Resort and Magician Lord too.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Sweet!!

Time for someone to make a stick that plugs into the wiimote...im down for some wireless neo action!!

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
AirRaid said:
wow that means Wii might get R-Type 4 (ahem, Pulstar) on Wii.

hopefully Last Resort and Magician Lord too.
You're just gonna bitch about the grass in Magician Lord.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Is the list of available virtual console games for US still drastically shorter than the Japan list? If so, I won't get excited for this until we get an announcement for domestic Wii. I'm not buying a japanese console.

Sepeh

Crossed Swords Squire
DecepticonZero said:
Sweet!!

Time for someone to make a stick that plugs into the wiimote...im down for some wireless neo action!!
PS2's Neo Geo Stick 2 is almost good as the original one. We just need joypad converter from PS2 to Wii.