neo-geo rageX

Yoshima

n00b
Does anyone have neo-geo rageX its verry cool you can have alot of games on the neo its cool ! i love it (but you need comp controlers to play)!!:¬)

------------------
ss4_jubeidicepaper.gif

C

Caris Nautilus

Wow you registered 1 day ago and already have 34 posts, Way to go Prozerg! u fck

C

charles

Neo Rage X pales in comparison to the real deal. Play Metal Slug, Samurai Spirits, KOF... whatever on an emulator, then play the real cart. 99% of the time there is NO comparison.

It does have its uses though, for example: trying out a game to see if you might like it first before shelling out $$$.

C

charles

I just noticed... he registered 1 day ago, and he's already halfway to the same # of posts as me.

And I registered 6 months ago...

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by charles:
Neo Rage X pales in comparison to the real deal. Play Metal Slug, Samurai Spirits, KOF... whatever on an emulator, then play the real cart. 99% of the time there is NO comparison.

It does have its uses though, for example: trying out a game to see if you might like it first before shelling out $$$.

i agree!
neo rage is
sweet but
it just isnt the
same as the real
thing..
my friend plays it all
the timeand he says its the
same but if you ever owned a
real neogeo system you can
feel the difference..
its weird its not something
easy to explain but it true
thats cool though
i just recently got a decent PC
so now i can run neo rage that someone
gave me a couple years ago
its really cool!
money puzzle exchangeris a lot of
fun!
heh
and welcome to
the boards
yoshi!
as long as you
love SNK your
always welcome here!

------------------
99clark.gif

HEEEEEYYYYYYYY!!!!

Actually, NeoRageX is the reason I decided to get my own arcade cabinet. While it was nice to play the games again, I missed standing in front of the ol' machine, popping quarters in. Only thing that is missing now is my best friend hitting the machine yelling, "YOU CHEAP SON OF A .." lol

Robert

20 Year Member
Neo Rage X is interesting because you can test a game before buy it, but it's the only interest that I see. there is no comparaison with the AES.

C

Caris Nautilus

thats because its prozergs 2nd name, didn;t you know? He has to get the posts up.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by charles:
I just noticed... he registered 1 day ago, and he's already halfway to the same # of posts as me.

And I registered 6 months ago...

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
can some one please tell me how good neo rage x realy is. I saw some pictures from some games being run on it and it looked like complete shit! can any one tell me how it compares to the AES, Im dying to know. thanks.

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
Yup... I got the Neo RageX emulator, and that just made me want the AES system more and more. Now, thanks to eBay, i'm finally getting one next week. I used to have the CD system, but when I heard Mark of the Wolves wasn't coming out for it, that broke my heart. But in about 2 weeks, all will be right with the world...
smile.gif
. My question is this, though: Where can I find a decent controller for a PC? The one I got is okay, until you get to the D-pad. It bites!

------------------
"And THAT'S what makes me a legend!"

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
Well for fighting games and all games on my PC I used Microsoft controllers you know the ones whit 6 buttons they have a great D pad and they are UBS compatible don't go whit other company's !!

------------------
kofKrizalid2Animated9.gif

"Vengeance cuts both ways"

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Dont use the Sidewinder 1, though, it has a horrible and tight d pad. Is there any way I could modify my Saturn pad to work on a pc using existing software?

And I am in the same boat where if it were not for the NeoRage, I would not be owning an AES. Emulation is good, but you cant take it for granted.

------------------
Late on the whole Neo Geo thing.

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
Okay guys! Thanks. I'm gonna go look for a new controller this weekend. Uhm... I was wondering if you guys could help me with another problem: How do you put a picture at the bottom of th page (where the quotes are)?

------------------

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
Hey...! Why's there a little box with an "X" in it, instead of my gif? Is that the X-Box...?
biggrin.gif

------------------
kofTerryAnimated6.gif

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
Because you dident put the good commans try again boy!!

------------------
kofKrizalid2Animated9.gif

"Vengeance cuts both ways"

ravenmgs

Armored Scrum Object
neo rage x is for practice and feel, the games them self I feel are prity much the same excpet for controles, which can be teadous if you don't mod a neogeo joystick for yoru computer. Over all if your not a collector and you have a laptop with TV out there is no reason not to go with neo rage x. It's great if all you want are the games with no collectability.... And as to say if their not the same. ----- I personaly don't know to what extent they are cut for the roms but not so extensivly that someone could tell unless they were a neogeo freak. The roms are smaller than the games on carts, i don't know if that is due to compression or what, it seems if they were direct rips from the carts or cd then they would the same size........

Controle pad mods--- what you need are probably a verry basic 4 button controle pad or side winder. you will need to of course gut the comp pad and the saturn or neogeo pad. After they are both guted take the comp pad and cut it to fit with a very shapr knife, if you have to cut out the buttons ect... it is no problem, just get it so that they are pressing on the sensors. After that sider all the printed cicurts to the places where you severed their connections, the D-pads are usualy the hardest part, you will just have to work with it and see what you can come up with. Once everything is touching and sodered togather it will work just like haveing it factory made.

[This message has been edited by ravenmgs (edited March 22, 2001).]

Robert

20 Year Member
many sites promise you new roms like MS3,kof2000,ganryu,etc..But they are always incompletes or they don't work.You need to wait one year to see the first good roms of a game.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Just a note on your posting sig... the image will never work from geocities cause they block outside traffic from anything but the main page... in otherwords, you have to host the image elsewhere to get it to show up
frown.gif

-Nick

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
Thanks Nruva. Well, now I don't know what to do.... Well, back to the subject at hand, I agree with Robert. I originally got the Rage just because I wanted Mark of the Wolves soooo bad. I got it, but it skips like crazy 98% of the time, and the endings are all incomplete (do any of you have any idea how BAD I want to see the complete endings?!). All right... I just gotta calm down... another week or so and I'll have my Neo Geo Gold... (sweating nervously)

------------------
kofTerryAnimated6.gif