NEO GEO US/EURO AES Price Guide website UPDATED: MVS NOW!

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
As long as I receive the eBay discount and any bulk consideration buying more than one......... of course. Do you have something? PM me if you do.

Afraid not, it was more a question of whether you were willing to stand by your figures. If the answer is yes, which it seems to be, it just makes them more credible.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Ok no problem, I will try to figure out with the site owner how this can be better achieved in identifying the US/EURO so its not mixed up.

I am not sure on JP carts as he wanted to try this out first and see what the reception was. If its something that will be useful then I am sure he can.

I can understand your concern that the prices are high but it's whats selling on eBay. I am not saying that's the right price but I would venture to say more carts change hands on eBay vs every other site. I can also say I have used other guides before and it's been hard to find sellers even on this forum that wanted to sell at those prices vs what people were getting on eBay.

I see it as passing the knowledge along so you can make an informed decision.

All i'm saying is that if you did a low, medium, and high price guide that ebay would be the high.

Last week I purchased a Turbo Express. On ebay the prices are all over the place. From $230 to $350. I picked it up from a local shop that was asking $200 and I talked him down to $180. This was a clean system and even included a $30 accessory. So my point (if my rambling makes sense) is that ebay doesn't reflect the mid or low level prices for items. They reflect the highest price for wanted items. As their market is global as opposed to local.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Just had a great question via PM and I want to make sure this is correct before I go back to the site owner

eBay fees 10% - no problem
Paypal fee of 2.9% +.30 still has to be paid unless you are doing a friends and family payment.
Shipping - this is the tough one because it scales down when the cart price goes up. Priority to ship a single game in a normal box for 2lbs is about 7.80-8.60. The prices on the site does not reflect shipping per his statement. "* Prices do not include shipping"

I will work with him to figure out what will best represent the credits. Thanks again

Yeah, no problem. As we know, eBay sellers can include "free" shipping or add it to the total. Sold items with free shipping will therefore skew the value. This is more of an issue on the lower end of things, due to the percentage of the overall total. I would consider $12-$15 the usual shipping amount - flat rate Priority box plus $100-$200 of insurance.

All i'm saying is that if you did a low, medium, and high price guide that ebay would be the high.

Last week I purchased a Turbo Express. On ebay the prices are all over the place. From $230 to $350. I picked it up from a local shop that was asking $200 and I talked him down to $180. This was a clean system and even included a $30 accessory. So my point (if my rambling makes sense) is that ebay doesn't reflect the mid or low level prices for items. They reflect the highest price for wanted items. As their market is global as opposed to local.

Good luck trying to explain that to most store owners that routinely base their pricing using eBay and price charts ;)

Last edited:

myblackamex

NEST Puppet
Yeah, no problem. As we know, eBay sellers can include "free" shipping or add it to the total. Sold items with free shipping will therefore skew the value. This is more of an issue on the lower end of things, due to the percentage of the overall total. I would consider $12-$15 the usual shipping amount - flat rate Priority box plus $100-$200 of insurance.

Good luck trying to explain that to most store owners that routinely base their pricing using eBay and price charts ;)

***Ok here's an update***

- The amount will be reduced 10% for the eBay fee.
- To point out a feature that makes the site extremely useful is Best Offers sales. Currently Best offers are not being displayed in ebays completed listings (At lease they were not the last time I checked). These sales do show up on Gamevaluenow across all platforms.
- Free Shipping whenever an item offers free shipping they will remove a set fee for shipping costs. I believe it's have them set a $4 right now but will be bumped up to $8 (insurance not included).
-Site will be updated to reflect EURO/US" more prominently

Thats it for now

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Did some digging around on the site. Actually really liking what I see. Clicked over to Turbo and like that it listed loose and complete sale prices. You could even click on individual games and see the last several completed sales. Plus you include current ebay sales for the given game... cool man. Rather useful for hunting sales history about whatever random game.

myblackamex

NEST Puppet
Kizuna Encounter at $326?

Thanks for the catch. Working thru the exclusion keywords like conversions, boot, JPN etc....... have to add "NCI" !arcade, Atomikwave and other.

Also the report button next to the listing will allow a user to report an error to be reviewed.

Thanks again

Last edited:

lions3

Igniz's Servent
It's not AES related, but the Turbo Ys Book I and II listing should probably be split into two. There's a stand alone version (black cd case) and another pack-in version (white cd case) that came with Turbo Duo systems. Only know this cus of a recent interest in TG16

myblackamex

NEST Puppet
It's not AES related, but the Turbo Ys Book I and II listing should probably be split into two. There's a stand alone version (black cd case) and another pack-in version (white cd case) that came with Turbo Duo systems. Only know this cus of a recent interest in TG16

Ok thank you............ will get this fixed. Any help getting the site as accurate as it can is helpful.

The other listing areas are a lot more mature but I think Neo will come along. The AES stuff is tricky only because not as much sales, loose carts are really not the thing to do so you are really left with just complete listings. Data has to be pulled from the worldwide listing just to make things start to take shape. I think after some adjustments and a few months of data things will round out nicely.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Is this your site man? I looked at the turbo stuff too and agree with lions3.

myblackamex

NEST Puppet
Is this your site man? I looked at the turbo stuff too and agree with lions3.

No this is not my site. Actually a guy I struck up a friendship with and we've kept in communication. I asked him to build one for the Neo Geo AES stuff since their wasn't one and he said cool as long as I would help with information as its a little bit complicated... MVS, JPN, NGF, NCI and all that

He just added a second Ys I & 2 and labeled the m [Black] and [White]. You can view it now.

Last edited:

Tanooki

War Room Troll
If you have a volume enough of sales you can guesstimate the accepted best offers. I like to pick up G1 Transformers at times and there's so many of them all you really need to do is pick a transformer like G1 Star Scream, and then set the paid auction choice, then high to low prices going down, and look. If you see something paid at $120, another OBO'd out, and another at $112 below it, obviously it fell somewhere between that. It's not perfect but it helps, not really sure that many NG games fly across ebay enough to do it as easily but stuff that commonly clears a lot like those toys or even old NES games it's doable.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The best price guide is your own common sense, anything else is just someone else's interpretation: conceivably interesting, but ultimately futile.

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
I see some potential issues with the Sega CD section, but overall I'd say those seem like solid prices. Hopefully the neo section plays out well with time.

Last edited:
A few of the prices I see in the Saturn and Sega CD sections are off, but overall it's a depressing indictment of how ridiculous prices have got!

I like this a lot better than pricecharting, as you can flag auction listings that are in the complete column but are loose. Can't comment on the AES portion, but the Sega CD and Saturn stuff is much closer than Pricecharting.

myblackamex

NEST Puppet
I see some potential issues with the Sega CD section, but overall I'd say those seem like solid prices. Hopefully the neo section plays out well with time.

Thank you for taking a look. If you have time and want to point out a couple to take a peek at I will make sure they get reviewed for accuracy.

myblackamex

NEST Puppet
A few of the prices I see in the Saturn and Sega CD sections are off, but overall it's a depressing indictment of how ridiculous prices have got!

I like this a lot better than pricecharting, as you can flag auction listings that are in the complete column but are loose. Can't comment on the AES portion, but the Sega CD and Saturn stuff is much closer than Pricecharting.

Thanks for the heads up on the Saturn section. If you could shoot me over a few I will have them looked into. The flag feature sends the site admin a note to look over the auction and he tries to within 24-48 hours or so. There will be continued enhancements to make sure it's in line with overall pricing.

Thanks for the heads up on the Saturn section. If you could shoot me over a few I will have them looked into. The flag feature sends the site admin a note to look over the auction and he tries to within 24-48 hours or so. There will be continued enhancements to make sure it's in line with overall pricing.

Now I'm taking a closer look, the evidence is compelling that I may be wrong, and need to sell some of these trash sports titles I've been holding on to!

A couple that stuck out: Virtua Cop. The long box variant is much less common than the pack in, cardboard sleeve version, and thus goes for more. The same goes for Virtua Fighter Remix. The free copy Sega mailed is worth much less ($10) than the long box version ($75-100)

Also, The Daytona CCE: Netlink version is one of the rarest games on the system Price is currently listed as $10, and the reason is that the auctions they link to are all copies of the CCE version of the game, that have been miscategorized as the CCE netlink copy by the eBay seller.

myblackamex

NEST Puppet
Now I'm taking a closer look, the evidence is compelling that I may be wrong, and need to sell some of these trash sports titles I've been holding on to!

A couple that stuck out: Virtua Cop. The long box variant is much less common than the pack in, cardboard sleeve version, and thus goes for more. The same goes for Virtua Fighter Remix. The free copy Sega mailed is worth much less ($10) than the long box version ($75-100)

Thank you for the catching the items. Fixed all of the Saturn stuff. Added a long box version of virtua cop and a big box version. Also added a long box version of virtua fighter Remix.

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
Thank you for taking a look. If you have time and want to point out a couple to take a peek at I will make sure they get reviewed for accuracy.

There are a few variants on some things like Wonderdog, and rise of the Dragon, but the biggest one is radical rex. There is this stupid little sticker on the outside of the original longbox that had added considerable amounts to the selling price in the past. I haven't been paying attention to it recently, but even as of two years ago, the sticker could add 100$ or more. The price you have listed seems good for a sticker version, but if you are factoring sticker and non sticker sales together, your price may be skewed low.

Like I said 'potential issues'. I would say everything looks pretty good now, just some things to keep an eye on.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
I like the idea o this site, although not perfect for the forum it does give an idea what things are selling for... albeit might end up pushing prices up even higher.

One question I have is over the actual prices being listed, these for example...

Garou: Mark of the Wolves
$3442.11

Last Blade 2
$2999.99

Ninja Master's
$4999.99

Where is the raw data to back these up as there are no sold items on ebay in the last couple of months to support this..?

And when you click on the View More eBay Listings link, there seems to be alot missing from the search criteria if this is fro US/EURO carts... your base search seems to be "neo geo aes -con -conv -conversion -mvs -jpn", so you probably also want to add in... "-jp -jap -japan -japanese" at a minimum

myblackamex

NEST Puppet
I like the idea o this site, although not perfect for the forum it does give an idea what things are selling for... albeit might end up pushing prices up even higher.

One question I have is over the actual prices being listed, these for example...

Garou: Mark of the Wolves
$3442.11

Last Blade 2
$2999.99

Ninja Master's
$4999.99

Where is the raw data to back these up as there are no sold items on ebay in the last couple of months to support this..?

And when you click on the View More eBay Listings link, there seems to be alot missing from the search criteria if this is fro US/EURO carts... your base search seems to be "neo geo aes -con -conv -conversion -mvs -jpn", so you probably also want to add in... "-jp -jap -japan -japanese" at a minimum

Thanks for the message. The raw data is there. When I click on the link it goes to all the listings. I included them below.

Garou: Mark of the Wolves has 2 sales for the US version
http://www.ebay.com/itm/152077630323
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161963451587

Last Blade 2
http://www.ebay.com/itm/152078949927

Ninja Master's
http://www.ebay.com/itm/162059957798

The screen allows for 4 eBay listings and the "View more listings" would be to expand on the max. I will check with the site designer on the strings he has in making the call to eBay for more listings but there has been talks to create a separate on for Japanese AES games as they hold a different price point and combining them with the US/Euro would skew the pricing model.

Thanks again for the feedback.