Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

alsmoneo

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and have also noticed my control pad is starting to get worn (only when I move it to the right direction). Funny thing is I have only played it for 10 hrs

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I had to run up to work for a bit and was able to try out the X with composite out to a Dell LCD monitor. Was pretty impressed with the results.

So impressed that I snapped several pics. I'll post them when I get home!

After seeing the composite out initially on my HDTVs, I was ready to throw in the towel. I've definitely changed my mind now.

Looks great and 0 lag!

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and have also noticed my control pad is starting to get worn (only when I move it to the right direction). Funny thing is I have only played it for 10 hrs

Hello and welcome to the boards. Your controller is wearing out on the right because (conjecture would tell me) you are playing mostly fighting games which start you as 1p with characters that have QCF fireball moves....

And it's wearing down after 10hrs because its a piece of fucking shit....my advice for you (and for me) is to cut your losses but never bother pre ordering shit from this company again....hell, I might buy used on the next couple of releases just to cut my losses off these fucks.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
20frr7m.jpg

24w7ln8.jpg

505ct4.jpg

19w6eb.jpg

4126q.jpg

Composite to a Dell monitor.

Lupin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
WoW guys! I'm at a loss on what to do. I got my NEOGEO X Gold Limited Edition three days ago and have yet to even open the box because of all the negative energy around it. I dunno if I should return it and get a complete refund since its still boxed and unopened or just keep it now that my expectation are down on it and take it for what it is and open that box up.

I do have two AES systems(I don't know why I got the 2nd, I was in Japan in 2002 and it was used and cheap. Young and frivolous), so it's not like I was going to use the portable system as an AES replacement. I have a nice AES collection of games that I always wanted, so I'm not missing out on any Neo Geo fun.

I guess like most of you guys here I wanted the NEOGEO X Gold because I love the Neo Geo/SNK so much and the though of a portable system that can also be played on your TV sounds cool.

I'll be honest w/ you all, I want to keep it and enjoy it and really $200 isn't cheap but it's not breaking the bank either. With my expectations lowered, and my love for Neo Geo/SNK could I enjoy this without being totally bummed out by it?

I have a brand new boxed NEOGEO X Gold Limited Edition, that I haven't even tried cause I'm frozen on what to do. I'm not asking you guys to make the decision for me, inevitably I'm going to do what I need to do, but I would appreciate any constructive input from the community

Thanks

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Keep it. It's only a matter of time before either Tommo or the community take care of the software issues.

Mine won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Nerdy

Kabuki Klasher
Like if all the companies have released consoles to the market in perfect condition.

If they learn with the mistakes and fix the firmware, im totally ok with this.

If not, the community will.

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
WoW guys! I'm at a loss on what to do. I got my NEOGEO X Gold Limited Edition three days ago and have yet to even open the box because of all the negative energy around it. I dunno if I should return it and get a complete refund since its still boxed and unopened or just keep it now that my expectation are down on it and take it for what it is and open that box up.

I do have two AES systems(I don't know why I got the 2nd, I was in Japan in 2002 and it was used and cheap. Young and frivolous), so it's not like I was going to use the portable system as an AES replacement. I have a nice AES collection of games that I always wanted, so I'm not missing out on any Neo Geo fun.

I guess like most of you guys here I wanted the NEOGEO X Gold because I love the Neo Geo/SNK so much and the though of a portable system that can also be played on your TV sounds cool.

I'll be honest w/ you all, I want to keep it and enjoy it and really $200 isn't cheap but it's not breaking the bank either. With my expectations lowered, and my love for Neo Geo/SNK could I enjoy this without being totally bummed out by it?

I have a brand new boxed NEOGEO X Gold Limited Edition, that I haven't even tried cause I'm frozen on what to do. I'm not asking you guys to make the decision for me, inevitably I'm going to do what I need to do, but I would appreciate any constructive input from the community

Thanks

I was having doubts after the negativity but since I opened it, I have been very pleased, luckily mine is fine using the HDMI, I am guessing there are two batches out there, one shit batch and one decent batch and you could be lucky.

EDIT: Also it cant be too bad with the countless people trying to hack it as if it was a lost cause they wouldnt even bother.

Last edited:

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
You're taking his review a bit personally aren't you?
No reason to start insulting him.

Complete opposite, I'm consider all his videos as a farce in general. A lot of us here do collect the arcade/ console gear he keeps haphazardly in that closet. As a collector and a Neo fan, that's solely my opinion. What was a waste of money was the AES to MVS Super Converter II. When I got it back then, I should've just went the CMVS route from the start.

Just what this place needs, Luke Morse white knights. Pretty soon we'll have that Rev Stu guy back here barking along as well.

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
Hey Lee

Is there a way to tell what batch is the good or bad batch?

Lol I was sort of joking but it does seem some are working fine through HDMI and some are working fine through AV whilst others are having major probs with AV and HDMI so I dont know.

heres a couple of pics I just took playing on 16:9
20121229_192121.jpg
20121229_190900.jpg

pretty hard to take a photo of the TV without glare using phone.

Last edited:

slerch666

updyke,
I wonder what the sales figures so far have been.

We know the first allotment was sold through, since all the pre-order places (in the US at least) were sold out completely. What was the first allotment amount? I have no idea.

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
Those pics was plugging the cables into a scart socket, the vids are HDMI.
When my muslim family go away to pakistan next month, they have an old CRT TV so will test it out on that

slerch666

updyke,
Nevermind. Just saw the NGX menu on the screen shots above. If you read my post, ignore it.

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
Whats with the shitty top page expensive junk picture, this site is sometimes so childish, most of the haters have not even played it.

Last edited:

slerch666

updyke,
Thanks. I'll grab some pics from the CRT w/ composite a little later on.

I'll also try to grab some w/ HDMI to my LCD tvs if I get motivated.
Just for reference I tried composite and HDMI to my Dell U2410. All the issues everyone else reports, are still issues on this particular screen as well. Of course, this is a 24" widescreen monitor, not a (17 or 19?) 4:3 monitor.

Only way I can get my NGX to look that good is to hide the AES shell under the desk, connect the controller to my laptop and MAME it, while pretending it's coming from the NGX.

Might be a run on old Dell monitors if they can work magic like you've found...