Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I fancied a lighter feel to the forum...

This thread is serious and WAY too long for a linkie I feel... also... it'd made me yawn a lot...

Anyone have any probs then please feel free to air your views and grievances in this thread here: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?239713-New-banner-required...-please....

Seeing as none of you fooks contributed to the suggestions for a new banner... i feel you can now start contributing to the discussion...

xROTx

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Personally I like the banner.
It's a gust of fresh air blowing through the cobweb filled hivemind of neo fanboyism.

It also shields the site from any criticism/contempt/ire this product may draw as the complaints keep rolling in while making us look impartial and just.

Keep it up there.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Personally I like the banner.
It's a gust of fresh air blowing through the cobweb filled hivemind of neo fanboyism.

It also shields the site from any criticism/contempt/ire this product may draw as the complaints keep rolling in while making us look impartial and just.

Keep it up there.

I knew my opinion would be in the minority around here haha. I've been around long enough to know the prevalent style of the key folks/cliques.

Also in regards to what you just said about the NGX... that's always been in the back of mind in regards to the negativity, I just didn't want to say it because in a way it seems small and petty. In addition, maybe only a few actually feel that way.

Since the NGX has it flaws in comparison to the real deal, it is in no way the end all be all way to experience the NeoGeo. Therefore we must visibly take every opportunity to let the "noobs" know this... because this is not Digitpress or NintendoAge or whatever else. This is Neo-Geo dot f'ing com. The home of ultra premium gaming. The rarefied world of NeoGeo. You don't drink fine scotch out of a styrofoam cup. You need the real hardware running in RGB. If you dare make a device or anything, it better be as close to a 1:1 clone of my experience on the real deal or you're just a poseur.

Haha, sorry for my rant. Please continue whatever ya'all doing up in here.

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Oh I have no objections to how anyone feels about it....I myself think the handheld is pretty neat (although chintzy)...I'm just saying that the banner will placate pissed off outsiders visiting the forums and their ire will remain focused on the shitty product itself and not us, the community....

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I didn't buy this thing, so I can't comment on it's quality. To see the banner was really funny and surprising though. Seeing them released and the division they have created, I'm glad I sat out the recent Neo X and Wii-U releases and saved that money.

lidiaandmichael

Crazed MVS Addict
I agree I really am enjoying mine and if you expected this to be as good as a MVS cabinet or a AES what the hell were you thinking? Seems like a bunch of jaded old women here.

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
I'm not impressed with the unit. For someone that has never owned a neo geo in any form, I can see buying it.

Taking on an arcade cab or the cost of AES cartridges is super demanding. For the casual gamer that wants to play some of the games, it'll do.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
You Neo Geo X apologists can keep making excuses for this thing.

This thing could have been so much more, but SNKP licensed their IP out to a substandard company who made this thing virtually as cheap as possible. Instead of focusing on quality and delivering something worthy of the Neo Geo legacy, they brought to market something that looks like it was conceived as a $50 knockoff of a much more expensive device.

Keep on gargling the nuts of Tommo and SNKP. I'm sure they will fix up all those video and audio issues via a firmware update any day now...

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
For someone that spent 0$ on this product, you sure do an ass ton of bitching about it.

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
If the Dingoo is ~$100 and runs a much worse CPU, I don't understand where any cost complaints come from.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
For someone that spent 0$ on this product, you sure do an ass ton of bitching about it.

Because the morons that have spent money on it can't bring themselves to pan something they dropped money on.

I am the voice of reason in an ocean of bullshit.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I don't know what type of person would buy this other than a young kid who doesn't have the means to run MAME.

Any adult who owns Neo Geo hardware and bought this is cooked, regardless of whatever technical short comings this device may have. Even if this thing was problem free, the idea of it would still be lame.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Because the morons that have spent money on it can't bring themselves to pan something they dropped money on.

I am the voice of reason in an ocean of bullshit.

FYI, I haven't needed your financial advice for 38 years, don't think I'll start needing it now. If I do, well, I'll hire a financial adviser.

I appreciate your concern for my financial well being though...ok, maybe not.

Time for me to go chill in the hot tub for a bit.

While I'm relaxing, why don't you have fun crusading against something that has had absolutely no impact on your life whatsoever. You should probably find something a whee bit more entertaining to do though...movie, dinner, girls games, whatever...ranting on the net about a product you never purchased...well, that's just fucking silly.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I don't know what type of person would buy this other than a young kid who doesn't have the means to run MAME.

Any adult who owns Neo Geo hardware and bought this is cooked, regardless of whatever technical short comings this device may have. Even if this thing was problem free, the idea of it would still be lame.

You fuckers sure are being silly tonight :lolz:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
FYI, I haven't needed your financial advice for 38 years, don't think I'll start needing it now. If I do, well, I'll hire a financial adviser.

I appreciate your concern for my financial well being though...ok, maybe not.

Time for me to go chill in the hot tub for a bit.

While I'm relaxing, why don't you have fun crusading against something that has had absolutely no impact on your life whatsoever. You should probably find something a whee bit more entertaining to do though...movie, dinner, girls games, whatever...ranting on the net about a product you never purchased...well, that's just fucking silly.

That's ok, I offer my advice for free. Even to those who aren't aware that they need it.

F-zero

n00b
Complete opposite, I'm consider all his videos as a farce in general. A lot of us here do collect the arcade/ console gear he keeps haphazardly in that closet. As a collector and a Neo fan, that's solely my opinion. What was a waste of money was the AES to MVS Super Converter II. When I got it back then, I should've just went the CMVS route from the start.

Just what this place needs, Luke Morse white knights. Pretty soon we'll have that Rev Stu guy back here barking along as well.

lol, like i said you're taking all this to personally, people are going to have different views/opinions to you and mine is that the neox is subpar.
that justs happens to agree with luke morse's opinion.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Wow, hadn't seen the new banner until this evening, or been in this thread since launch, so I didn't realize there was so much animosity towards the NGX.

I respect people's stances on the system, but I don't think it's fair to call people idiots for buying an NGX. Isn't it enough if you're just enjoying it?

cabear

n00b
i bought it strictly for hdmi out and emulation. the ngx just as a handheld is pretty whatever, i enjoy it but i know others will hack it and make it 100x better.

Lan Di

War Room Troll
Wow, bunch of sandy vaginas in this thread lately.

I agree. Some folks around here need to take a Midol and chill. Too much time spent in their mom's basement. Listen up you 40 year old kids, you cant have ice cream and cookies every night.