Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
If you want to spend a shit load and lug around 100+ SD cards that's cool. I just think I'd be pretty excited about this if I was a NGX owner.

Yes, because no other handheld has required you to carry around games with you...

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Yes, because no other handheld has required you to carry around games with you...

Emulations on SD cards? It's silly.

New, original, legit games on mini cartridges is a different story don't you think? I wouldn't compare the NGPC to this.

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
this is very bad. who is the stupid person that spends a lot of money in a machine to play unofficial games? if i buy neo geo x gold is to buy original release game cartridges.
if that roms are games from mame: punisher, street fighter 3, wonder three, snow bross, double dragon,etc... its fine. but not neo geo x gold games.

if tommo see that, they will not release games.

No one tell TOMMO about MAME! They will certainly cancel all future plans if they know people are capable of playing emulated Neo-Geo roms.

Seriously though, and I've said it too much. Hacking will have little to no affect on sales. What will make a difference is Tommo's ability to fix their
mistakes and improve the quality of their game packaging.
Let's be honest.. The majority of people buying these are collectors of the original hardware and a certain amount of quality is expected.

NoFuture300px.png

slerch666

updyke,
I guess carrying 100 SD cards isn't so bad actually, considering you have to take the docking station with you to charge it anyways.
THey updated their FAQ. You don't need to carry the AES dock with you anymore:

http://neogeox.com/FAQ
How do I charge my NEOGEO X without using the docking system (for example while I am travelling)?
We suggest you charge the NEOGEO X using a USB cable via a power supply, directly from a power outlet. The output of the Power Supply should be 1.5A only. Use of any other power supply output will void the warranty

Demitri1983

Cheng's Errand Boy
Has anyone else noticed on their x that sterio sound is backwards when playing through hdmi on the station?

Demitri1983

Cheng's Errand Boy
Its actually the hdmi out on the handheld. I tested it with out the station. I hope its a bug. I know eople have had issues with sound.

Has anyone else noticed on their x that sterio sound is backwards when playing through hdmi on the station?
Yeah that's a problem when using composite cables (the other included AV cables) too. I just flipped the left and right audio cords and now it's working fine. Sucks for HDMI users though because they can't do that.

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
Looks like Amazon.com has dropped the Neo-Geo X system..

Item Under Review
While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us
there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)
We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

So does this mean too many people are complaining and returning them.. or is Tommo working on fixing the emulation/HDMI output?

NoFuture300px.png

Also, as far as those Neo-Geo capsule toys go, they look SO much better painted!
I wish they came like this...
metal_slug_akaibu_12_wxp.jpg

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member

So does this mean too many people are complaining and returning them.. or is Tommo working on fixing the emulation/HDMI output?
Probably too many returns due to the video output and the directionals sticking. Years ago I ordered something that ended up returning twice. After the second return, they wouldn't replace it again and refunded me instead. A day or two later, I saw the message you mention above on the listing for that item.

neogeohu

The Ultimate 11
The video title says "Neo Geo X all roms", but then you can see him cycle through them all and there are only about 10 on the sd card. heh

-ack
Hi
Not all of it is fact.
The key is to be able to run all the games.

slerch666

updyke,

They didn't drop it.

I've seen this several times before. Usually it's a packaging issue, as I've experienced deliveries from Amazon where DVDs or CDs are part of multi disc sets and rolling around, floppy and happy, inside of the case. After returning it twice, as another mentioned, I was refunded and the message above was posted. They'll figure out what the concern is and correct it and it'll be back on offering.

If it is a hardware issue, then I suppose it is entirely possible they will just pull out like a 15 year old, spraying our legs with man gravy in the process.

They didn't drop it.

I've seen this several times before. Usually it's a packaging issue, as I've experienced deliveries from Amazon where DVDs or CDs are part of multi disc sets and rolling around, floppy and happy, inside of the case. After returning it twice, as another mentioned, I was refunded and the message above was posted. They'll figure out what the concern is and correct it and it'll be back on offering.

If it is a hardware issue, then I suppose it is entirely possible they will just pull out like a 15 year old, spraying our legs with man gravy in the process.
They stopped selling the Nintendo 3DS due to hardware problems. The top screen would get scratched by the edge of the bottom screen. Considering how well packaged the Neo Geo X is, I'd sooner believe hardware issues (or maybe even a different reason entirely) to be the problem.

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
The FBA thing has been known for a while..there's no real knowing whether it's stolen or an agreement was made.

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
The FBA thing has been known for a while..there's no real knowing whether it's stolen or an agreement was made.

I'm leaning towards stolen.. I also highly doubt they struck a deal with both Nintendo and Sony to include the PlayStation and Game Boy Advance BIOS files.
If they did... than wow, Tommo is one hell of a powerhouse!

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master

i know the FBA authors. There was no agreement made. They also informed me that this isn't the first instance of the use of their emulator in a commercial product like this.

Im not sure what course of action they are planning on taking - if any - at this time.

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
I'm leaning towards stolen.. I also highly doubt they struck a deal with both Nintendo and Sony to include the PlayStation and Game Boy Advance BIOS files.
If they did... than wow, Tommo is one hell of a powerhouse!

The BIOS could have been a mistake in an otherwise agreement but I suppose lantus360 sets it straight

carnicero27

Mega Shock!!
4 days left to neo geo x make a month since its release and nobody says anything about the future of gaming.
every day that passes I think this console was just a scam. played with the nostalgia of people to take your money and then laugh in the face of them.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member

NoFuture300px.png

Also, as far as those Neo-Geo capsule toys go, they look SO much better painted!
I wish they came like this...
metal_slug_akaibu_12_wxp.jpg

I saw yesterday Walmart and Target had them back in stock, and the joysticks too.

I agree about the capsule toys, I'm not half-bad when it comes to model painting, but I ain't gettin' them to look that good!

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
4 days left to neo geo x make a month since its release and nobody says anything about the future of gaming.
every day that passes I think this console was just a scam. played with the nostalgia of people to take your money and then laugh in the face of them.

Truth deserves a quote.