neo through hdtv?

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
lol i kept seeing converter/upscaler. i was all like, man told me to get an scaler...so which is it? lol

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
cool...purchased the scaler and scart cable on ebay just now...will be interesting to see if this helps the picture at all. =P

geekbri

n00b
I'd love to know how this endd up for you. I'm looking to find a way to hook up my AES to my HDTV. I'm not really looking to increase picture quality, simply a cheap way so that it simply works.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
I bought one and well.....it doesn't work that well. I tried the Saturn and a Neo-Geo on three different TVs (LG 1080p), Westinghouse (720p), and a Toshiba CRT (720P). For the Saturn it seemed like the picture was losing sync every second or so (on all the TVs) and with the Neo, the picture was unstable and there was a loud sound coming from it...ugh...back to the drawing board.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
I believe if you made a sync splitter and inputted composite sync into the device rather than composite video, it may well work.

Although SCART standard does use composite video for sync, I have read about plenty of modern TV's not liking this and only working with a bare sync signal.

That Composite to HDMI converter is quite possibly the most useless device I've ever seen.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I bought one and well.....it doesn't work that well. I tried the Saturn and a Neo-Geo on three different TVs (LG 1080p), Westinghouse (720p), and a Toshiba CRT (720P). For the Saturn it seemed like the picture was losing sync every second or so (on all the TVs) and with the Neo, the picture was unstable and there was a loud sound coming from it...ugh...back to the drawing board.

What did you buy exactly, this is a problem I need to tackle.

bk2099

New Challenger
Apparently this is what it's supposed to look like on an HDTV with an XRGB2 with scanlines enabled.

montagexrgbs.jpg

Source: http://www.neogeofans.com/leforum/showthread.php?t=40498

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Really? That's one of the few things that works for all of my TVs.

I was really asking if it worked not saying that it does not. So you say it works for you, how is the picture.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
It isn't bad. I haven't noticed any big problems with it tbh. I will try to get a picture later this week.

ronald0

Crazed MVS Addict
Here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270677605236&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

And you will need a Neo to SCART cable as well.

Edit: Ordered one and just got it. A customer of mine told me about it saying it worked great. I tested it on my Neo and it isn't picking up the RGB, maybe because of the odd sync rate. I'm gonna fool around with it to find a fix.

I made the mistake of bying one of these. Getting a flickering screen with my AES (RGB). Have you been able to fix it?

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I made the mistake of bying one of these. Getting a flickering screen with my AES (RGB). Have you been able to fix it?

Nope, tried to but nothing happened. If I disconnect the composite video and replace it with composite sync I get no picture at all so I know that it's using the composite video and not RGB. I ended up getting a refund from the seller.

ronald0

Crazed MVS Addict
Nope, tried to but nothing happened. If I disconnect the composite video and replace it with composite sync I get no picture at all so I know that it's using the composite video and not RGB. I ended up getting a refund from the seller.

Thanks for the reply! Sorry to hear that. The console I tried with is RGB bypass modded so it definately did pick up the RGB. The colors were awful and the screen was flickering though.

Last edited: