neomars13 (Neo Amusement) on eBay - Beware -

Dandy-J

Crazed MVS Addict
Well, in the beginning of Jan I bought an NGCD top loader from neomars13 on eBay, a few days later the unit arrived, I connected it and it turned on. I was happy, until about five minutes into it, then I got an I/O error. The seller told me to take it to a repair shop,... so I did. I was told that the unit lens assembly would need to be replaced completely. I emailed the seller back informing him, he said that he checked it before he sent it to me and that the best he could do was give me $60 back, I paid 137... so I opened a dispute with paypal and is still pending.

The I/O problem is a common issue with these systems so I'm not entirely too surprised. However, the auction stated that the system was in normal condition. Are I/O errors normal? But in any case, he escalated the dispute as a claim himself, probably because I left him positive feedback on the item by mistake so I'm probably fucked if that matters (bought 2 items from him and left the + on the wrong neo-geo item).

SO keep that in mind if you plan to buy any systems from this guy.

Last edited:

muffinman943

Banned
Hope everything turns out well for you. By the way, try posting a follow-up to the positive feedback, better then nothing.

Caprica Orange

Pao Pao cafe VIP,
20 Year Member
Sorry to hear that, I've bought from Neo Amusement quite some times and never had any problems with them...

GL though on getting this straight!

Dandy-J

Crazed MVS Addict
muffinman943 said:
Hope everything turns out well for you. By the way, try posting a follow-up to the positive feedback, better then nothing.

Just did. Thanks for the excellent tip! :up:

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
I never had any issues with my neocd unit... he probably fired it up once on one game and considered it tested...which would seem ok, but based on what you said it was obviously not enough... you are lucky to get anything back money wise...usually ebay sellers give you the finger all the way to the bank

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Try pot tweaking the laser and see if that fixes it. This problem occurs with alot of neo cd systems, and a simple pot tweak will usually fix it.

Id try that and take the 60 bucks he is offering you for the troubles.:tickled:

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
Try cleaning the lens. NG CD units will sometimes report an IO error if the lens is dirty. Try that first.

Dandy-J

Crazed MVS Addict
The lens dial has been moved from point 0 to point 30 and nothing changes, I tried cleaning it too but nada. :crying:

Some background, after I told the seller that this was the problem, he said not to bother shipping it back and that he had another system in no box. I told him I would buy it from him at a discounted price AND pay for shipping, he sold it some days later.

Today, he offered me a 50 dollar refund that I denied. All he had to do was replace it, I even offered to pay to re-ship it, instead he chose to sell that extra unit. He says the shipping people may have mistreated it and that it's not his fault and he paid money for the unit. If the shipping people "mistreated" it like he says, then he should take it up with them, not me.

Thanks for the advice guys. :)

Dandy-J

Crazed MVS Addict
Seems I am not the only one that's had problems with neomars, a fellow here by the name of quoth09 asked me to post this on his behalf since he was unable to, he had this to say:

For those not familiar with me on here, which is 99% of you, I just joined a couple of weeks ago haven't done a whole lot of posting yet, so hello.

For some odd reason, I just tried to reply to a post on here, posted it twice and it refuses to show up!! How in the hell am I supposed to get my post count up to do anything on here else wise, when I can even warn people on a thread about someone???

This is supposed to be in reference to this thread:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177053

That aside, I hate to sound like an ass here, as this is my first formal post, but you are being a push over. If that claim via Paypal is open still and it were me, I would be rooting for a full refund.

The item didn't arrive in the same condition you paid for, and it doesn't matter who's fault it is, shipping company or not.

Neomars crap about saying he had another system, and then saying he sold it, I really doubt is true. You did the smart thing by denying his petty $50, that he probably loaned from someone else.

Keep on reading and you will see why I am saying all of this.

I've been lurking on this thread the last few days, wanting to say this, but I've been holding back due to the fact that I have a long line of sellers that I have dealt with on eBay and elsewhere, and I have yet to make a written list up of either good or bad. I was wanting to write a complete one up for both before saying anything about anyone, but I will just go ahead and say it now: Neomars is on my 'fence' list.

By 'fence list' I mean they have messed with me once, in some attempt close to ripping me off but didn't succeed. It means if I am desperate enough to EVER deal with the person again, it will be very cautiously, and in a method that I can get my money back with minimal issues if they ever try to pull anything during.

Neomars basically sat on my money for a month...I don't like loaning money to people for free. It slightly urked me.

Details:
Look around on his eBay auctions, you will see plenty of Sega S-TV import carts and Neo Carts, with Buy It Now! on them. Also notice that they have 'Immediate Payment Required' on them. Keep in mind he states he combined shipping.
So, I wrote him, as he had about 3 S-TV carts that I wanted, and an MVS cart.
I asked him:
hi, i am interested in purchasing more than 1 st-v cartridge from you,
but you have immediate payment only listed on all your auctions, and i was
wanting to take advantage of your combined shipping. just wondering how you
go about this, also wondering if you would be willing to accept offers
on certain games? also, lastly, are the shipping prices only available in euros on your website? please let me know, thank you.

I get a response back of:
hello

please email me the list of the games that you want to buy .

thank you

So, I wrote him back, and basically gave the list of games, and I get this back:
hello

i can do it for 100usd ems shipping included ,if you are agree please
send
us a paypal at this address: neo_amusement@yahoo.com

thank you

Thinking to myself, 'Hey, that is lower than I was going to offer, and they are all complete!' I go ahead and send him the money, nothing to lose as I am protected by Paypal.

Next day, I get a message saying he will send out the games as soon as possible.
No problem, and I was expecting him to at least send them out with some kind of tracking or EMS. So I wait about 12 days, and I write him back. I ask:
hi again, i was just wondering if the games were sent out already? i just checked my box today, and no sign of them. please let me know when they were sent out, as well as a tracking #. thank you.

I get a reply back:
hello

yes the games has been sent out .

thanks

Awesome reply there, so I write him back again:
thanks for letting me know they were sent out, but please let me know when, as well as the tracking # if possible. thank you.

His reply back:
hello

ok no problem ,please give me your address ,the date that you purchase
the
games and also the name of the games

thanks

So I send him the info requested, and I get back:
hello

ok i will check ,you should receive it allready ,if you dont receive it
in
the next 5 days please email me and i will refund you or send you
another
package.

thanks

So I wait 7 days...still nothing. At this point I'm annoyed. I write him:
hi, today is wednesday, no sign of the package at all. please let me know what you would like to do on this, asap. thanks

He writes me back:
hello

ok i will check with the post office ,sorry about that.

Already annoyed, then receiving a crap response like that? WTF. :mad_2:
I write him immediately back:
do you have a tracking # for this? please let me know what it is if you do. thank you.

hello

the package cameback to japan so i will send it back to you one more
time ,i
will email you the new traking.

thank you

Since it is still well under 30 days, and way under the Paypal time limit, I go ahead and give him another chance to make the situation right and ship the games, since I know for a fact he is lying, so I write him with a simple:
hi again. has this been shipped off yet? please send me the tracking #. thank you.

He writes back:
hello

i ship it again on monday

thanks

So I wait until Monday. I write him back again simply with:
Please let me know if this has been shipped out yet/Tracking #. Thank you.

Remember the part above that I mentioned I knew he was lying?? I get this back:
hello

i didnt get the package back so i m very sorry ,i can refund you or if
you
can wait .just tell me what is the best for you.

thanks

CAUGHT IN A LIE, AND HE EVEN ADMITS IT:
why did you tell me that you got the package back then?
there is no sign of anything on my end, nor have you ever sent me a tracking #.

full refund please.

His response:
ok i m sorry about that ,i refund you now.

He sat on my money for 27 days, and for what?
I never once got a tracking #, and he never answered the question about one directly. Also, during the whole time period, he never pulled the auctions for the items that I supposedly purchased. Makes me honestly even wonder if he even has the stuff, or if it is just pretty photos.

I will let you make your own judgement, but those are snips of the exact emails. Feel free to email me or PM me on here, and I will even forward you the originals if you want.

- quoth09

quoth09

War Room Troll
Not sure what was going on, but I am able to post now :D .

Either way, thank you for posting that for me, as I wasn't able to.
All of the above is true, and anyone that cares to question it, feel free to PM me. I still have all the emails, and they are available upon request.

I have wondered for a long time if anyone even buys anything from Neomars, I always see the same stock on his eBay store anytime i randomly look, and his prices on his website are ridiculous on a lot of the items. Maybe because he is more at risk of getting chargebacks on his website, so he actually has to send the stuff out?

All I know is that if I ever deal with him again, it will be through eBay, and not some side deal he makes with me. I won't even bother asking for a combined shipping rate, and since his default is EMS shipping, I will be a lot more demanding about requesting a tracking #, and a lot faster at filing a claim if I don't receive one within a few days.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Another thing to add to all this: Never trust him when he say that the artworks/flyers/move list comes with a PCB or MVS, you will only get very cheap fake/copied ones...

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Actually, I did get real art with a Garou cart I bought from him once upon a time.

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Thanks for posting. I was going to buy 1 or 2 ST-V carts from him on ebay. Having read all the horrible experience dealing with him, I am not going to patronize him now.

Mosque

Super Sidekicks 2

Wow this bastard is doing the same thing to me Bought a SFA3 paid 30 bucks shipping on jan 20 and still hasn't shipped. Basically gave me the same story "I shipped it" "no I didn't ship do you want a refund?" Jeez this is frustrating...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Wow, I guess this guy is turning a douche. I've ordered from him so many times in the past and got nothing but top notch stuff. Every thing I've ordered from him has come in very good to mint condition. I guess I won't be ordering from him again.

Jzumpf

n00b
I know this thread is old but he is still around on eBay, so I guess somewhat relevant. Just curious if anyone has purchased any AES titles from him...? I would like an MS2 that he has for $2000+, but something doesn't seem right.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I know this thread is old but he is still around on eBay, so I guess somewhat relevant. Just curious if anyone has purchased any AES titles from him...? I would like an MS2 that he has for $2000+, but something doesn't seem right.

Yeah, like that price.

Jzumpf

n00b
Thanks! I figured as much, you guys are the experts and I'd rather have a second opinion.

xorthen

Banned
Neo Amusement? I bought from that guy a while back many years ago. He sold me a Pulstar in mint condition. He used to run a website but it got taken down a while ago. No idea what that's about. Looks like his ebay prices are a bit higher than his website prices used to be.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
We have known about these guys for a very long time. Christoph Ratel can eat a bag of baby dicks

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
I hadn't seen this thread until now.
I paid to Neomars 115€ for a Makaimura Gaiden 2, a minty one and he sent me a different worst condition copy. After a lot of mail exchange I managed to take a partial refund of 45€ from him. I will never buy again from there