NEOSD MVS Support thread !

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Mmm would also like an answer on this. If firmware updates for the regular NeoSD are no longer coming it would be considerate to announce it officially.
Considering I have a standard NeoSD that I bought this year brand new from StoneAge, I’d like to know as well. I thought there was a new firmware in the works for the standard carts. If there’s no true intention of getting around to it with no time frame in mind, don’t tickle our ears, Yodd.

That being said, when has TO ever given support? You have to make a fuss like RAZO did. Someone I know who contacted TO support months ago and who got a message back saying the situation would be remedied, still has not gotten a resolution for his problem.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Aaand this is why I still buy OG carts. There is literally no fucking transparency with TO.
Look I'm super happy with my NeoSD AES but with the support forum completely deleted (!) All you're left with is shitty discord which is basically a Show your recent purchases thread.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
I'm in the same boat. I love my NeoSD, but I'll never buy another TO product again because their support is so iffy. It's not like they're cheap either, you're paying a premium for a nice product. I'd expect decent support for that kind of price, not the silent treatment. When I was shopping for a ODE for my Saturn I considered the MODE, but decided to go with another product (Satiator) because of my experiences with my NeoSD.

Why is everyone suddenly using Discord for everything? I can't stand it. It's like being in an old AOL chatroom with a hundred people trying to get the attention of one person.

Last edited:

J69

Hardened Shock Trooper
My NeoSD MVS has suddenly lost all sound?
Anyone else has this issue?

apollovin

n00b
Hi guy! I've got the NeoSD Pro AES version. Firstly, when I load a rom, the screen got glitch. It still can load the rom into the slot and can play, but no sound. Then I try the CD game, it has sound, After that I try the original cartridge, it has sound also. Is it the problem of the NeoSD Pro? My power supply is 5v 6A. Thx!

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Umm.... Clarify what you mean.
When you put in an original cartridge, does the video and audio work properly?
If not, that would mean you are trying to say that both the neo SD and the original cart do not show video. If that is the case, first step clean the cartridge and the cartridge slot.
Second, your system might be broken.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I tossed the NEOSD in after having it sit for awhile unplayed.The cart does an infinite loop of the jingle screen which is relative to a bad P1 on a normal cart.If I remove the SD card, the last game I flashed which happen to be TSS loads in fine.Basically my NEOSD is,is a TSS cart.
I replaced an old SAMSUNG SD card that had given me problems with a SANDISK Extreme Plus 32 GB(U3)and used the format prg suggested by STONEAGE GAMER and I get the same results.
I have also tried the NEOSD in more than one AES....and checked off all he other troubleshooting tips.
I purchased this off of somebody about two years ago maybe and he purchased it from STONEAGE GAMER.
I have never been pro all in one carts for this very reason because you get all the games on one cart and you can lose all the games but one on the cart..
Any suggestions as to what I coud do here?? Maybe a firmware issue???
BB

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
This is all making me a little more than a bit concerned about my own NeoSD AES. My condolences to you guys encountering hardware failure with yours.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I sold mine for cheap..The purchaser may be able to repair or get it repaired but I can't be bothered BUT I wish him success..It received no real play from me whatsoever when it was fullly operational. At least the last game I flashed is pretty cool!
BB

Hairlesswookiee

just another sazae fake account
Disheartening to see so many issues with the NeoSD. The things are expensive.
Not only are they expensive but it appears right now TO doesn't have inventory to replace anything should they actually want to take care of someone.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
*looks over at this neo SD pro* so uhh... Wonder how long til this rarely used thing shits the bed?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I have the last firmware file that can be used to reflash if you have an issue, trouble is I believe each firmware is serial locked so it's of no use to anyone else. If it was a hardware fault though... guess you're out of luck.

So much for ease of repair! Maybe I should just bail and use the cash elsewhere.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I sold mine for cheap..The purchaser may be able to repair or get it repaired but I can't be bothered BUT I wish him success..It received no real play from me whatsoever when it was fullly operational. At least the last game I flashed is pretty cool!
BB
I picked this up…
I changed a couple settings:
Disabled “in-game trigger”
Boot to menu vs game

I took out the SD card on my other NeoSD and plugged it into this one and it seemed to work. So, I got a new SD card and reformatted it and copied the contents from my SD card to this and it seems to be fine.I’ve been able to erase/write numerous games. Credit fed through MS3 & Blazing Star.

What to do with 2 NeoSD AES carts…

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I congratulated you privately and now publicly .I could'nt even get it to the menu but even before I had this last issue,a game would cease loading at the midway point on larger games and just hang.
I just want to make it clear that this does not negate the fact that there needs to be some tech support for this product because sooner or later hardware issues will arise.
Luckily this appears to be a soft issue and I'm glad you purchased it!
BB

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This is the other problem with the NeoSD. This thing is supposed to be a flash cart: When new homebrew gets created, we should be able to easily test it with this thing. Instead we're forced to use TO's NeoBuilder tool, which only supports existing games, or turn to the third party neosdconv tool, which only seems to work some of the time.

So case in point, if anyone wants to help take a crack at getting the Cabal port working with the NeoSD, that would be appreciated:

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
This is the other problem with the NeoSD. This thing is supposed to be a flash cart: When new homebrew gets created, we should be able to easily test it with this thing. Instead we're forced to use TO's NeoBuilder tool, which only supports existing games, or turn to the third party neosdconv tool, which only seems to work some of the time.

So case in point, if anyone wants to help take a crack at getting the Cabal port working with the NeoSD, that would be appreciated:
If you find issues with neosdconv, please let me know. As far as I know it builds all commercial roms correctly and I use it quite extensively as I work on my own Neo Geo game. If there are issues, I will gladly fix them.

Also you can use neobuilder in command line mode and it will create .neo files that way for homebrew games. Both neosdconv and neobuilder build the exact same .neo file for Cabal. Honestly, neosdconv is not that useful since neobuilder can work instead. If you aren't on Windows, neobuilder works fine in wine.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
If you find issues with neosdconv, please let me know. As far as I know it builds all commercial roms correctly and I use it quite extensively as I work on my own Neo Geo game. If there are issues, I will gladly fix them.

Also you can use neobuilder in command line mode and it will create .neo files that way for homebrew games. Both neosdconv and neobuilder build the exact same .neo file for Cabal. Honestly, neosdconv is not that useful since neobuilder can work instead. If you aren't on Windows, neobuilder works fine in wine.
Thanks. Yeah, it has worked for me for everything else. That's reassuring to know. Something is probably a bit off on that Cabal rom.

youkun

n00b
I previously purchased NeoSD PRO MVS. However, I couldn't touch it because I didn't have time. Since I had time for the year-end and New Year holidays, I immediately converted it with NeoBuilder UI, but I got an error. Could you please restore the # 44 link?

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Don't use Neobuilder. Find an already built pack with the .neo files. Neobuilder is picky about the rom file structure.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
An addendum to my previous post...

Sometimes people like loading the cart one game at a time, taking the time to enjoy each one. If you're doing that, you just need to make sure that your rom is in the format Neobuilder is expecting. Should be:

name-c1.rom
name-c2.rom (etc)
name-m1.rom
name-p1.rom
name-s1.rom
name-v1.rom
(etc)

The main thing is the file names need to have the .rom extension with the file type after the dash in the name. So they can't be .bin or .v1, etc.