NeoStore redesign, seeking feedback - sneak peak

What's your opinion of the new look so far?

• Well done. I really dig the new design, colors, and overall look.

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Decent design, not a masterpiece but clearly an improvement.

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Underwhelming, I had higher expectations.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I seriously like the old NeoStore design better.

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

SHO

Raiden's Valet
what kind of new stock will there be?

NOS eng metal slug 1 AES

NOS eng garou AES ?

:D :drool:

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
I prefer the Japanese style roof, it's much cleaner looking. The newer one looks too much like a World of Warcraft fan site.

Not sure I like the logo, seems kind of generic and late 90s, especially with those little "blings" and bad type faces. I know you can't just grab any of the SNK logos to use, but it could be tightened up and reworked a bit better (That said, not sure if the web design guys are doing the logo work for you too or what theyre charging you for revisions, etc.)

Too many drop shadows and chrome gradients on everything in my opinion. Looks like they got a little carried away.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I prefer the Japanese style roof, it's much cleaner looking. The newer one looks too much like a World of Warcraft fan site.

Not sure I like the logo, seems kind of generic and late 90s, especially with those little "blings" and bad type faces. I know you can't just grab any of the SNK logos to use, but it could be tightened up and reworked a bit better (That said, not sure if the web design guys are doing the logo work for you too or what theyre charging you for revisions, etc.)

Too many drop shadows and chrome gradients on everything in my opinion. Looks like they got a little carried away.

hey wait..

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The dragon in the 'O' in Neo is kinda lame, otherwise cool.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
The whole new design looks slick. the colors pop and overall just looks inviting.

problem is you have to advertise it better. instead of putting the link on the side bar 5 links down, put a banner on the top of the forums page that says 'VISIT THE NEO STORE!'

I mean it's your site for gosh sakes, make it noticeable.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Who? I voted for option 2. Not that I've ever bought anything from the store or ever will :)

Looks great, very much looking forward to the re-stock too. Proper grading would be very helpful. Some excellent Neo sales customer service from a native English speaker would be most welcome. Those who I buy from in Japan are good, but not always 100% reliable - just received and returned (the insert) a KOF 2002 AES that had spine sunfading, which wasn't on the pictued copy :oh_no:

Lets hope the prices are reasonable in the new Neo store too. If they are, you'll be getting my cash from then on.

SHO

Raiden's Valet
don't like the red leaf thing

don't like the metal slug 1 img

the picture of the cab for mvs cart section looks cool

Last edited:

SniperElite

Kula's Candy
The whole new design looks slick. the colors pop and overall just looks inviting.

problem is you have to advertise it better. instead of putting the link on the side bar 5 links down, put a banner on the top of the forums page that says 'VISIT THE NEO STORE!'

I mean it's your site for gosh sakes, make it noticeable.

Seconded! Great job, I would not change a thing! Congrats, and looking forward to seeing the final product!

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Those are Japanese maple leaves and I'm pretty sure marijuana leaves aren't red. I wanted the theme to have a somewhat Japanese atmosphere while not coming off as a Chinese restaurant. haha

See, these are Japanese maple leaves here too (made by forum member Prozerg years ago):
ng-banner3.jpg

ng-banner2.jpg

Is it just me, or do the leaves from The Last Blade have 7 points on most of the leaves? The ones for the new website only have 5 points. I think that's why Loup-Garou thought they were marijuana leaves. They kind of look like that to me as well, now...........

Otherwise, really, really nice!!!:buttrock:

Shawn

snkusa.com
So far it seems people prefer the rooftop design. I suppose I do as well then. Thanks for the helpful feedback provided everyone.

@ SHO: There will be quite a few rare titles. Heavy restock of AES, MVS, and NGCD. The listings will not be posted all at one time but will be posted periodically over a period of weeks to months.

@ Jack Burton: A marijuana leaf appears to have 7 points and the Japanese Maple leaves used in the NeoStore design have 5 points. If I have the Japanese maple leaves revised to have 7 points, as seen in Last Blade, then it actually may look more like a marijuana leaf (except for still being red instead of green).

Lol @ burning marijuana leaves being red too.

@ Nesagwa & LoneSage: The 90’s feel of the logo was intentional. Our plan was to give it a retro feel because the Neo Geo was mostly a 90’s system after all. The designer’s other logo concepts were actually far more retro/90’s than the one I decided to use.

Of course using the Japanese Neo Geo logo within the ‘O’ would be better but that wouldn’t be original. If someone can come up with something better to use than the Ouroboros then I can have the logo revised. We did a ton of logo revisions already but I suppose our creativity ran out and so I settled with what you see.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
put a banner on the top of the forums page that says 'VISIT THE NEO STORE!'

I'm going to have to agree with this one. Especially since when I view the site (I'm sure I'm not the only one), I don't even have the side bar on there.

neopage1.jpg

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I wish I had some constructive criticism but I don't, I think the first deisgn looks outstanding, very classy. Makes me want to shop already just for the hell of it and that's a good thing. If I had to change anything perhpas it would be the Top left Neo logo, but then again it flows seemlessly with the rest of the design, I'm only on the fence about it 'cause the word Neo is not represented with a familiar font, other than that is a great design on its own right.

Excellent work!

black_wizardd

Nom-nom-nom 1975, ,
I prefer the Japanese rooftop in the older build, other than that I think you've pretty much nailed it.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I really dig the new design.

my only gripe with it is...

this website has always been heavy on black background. and I always liked that, made it more comfortable for me when i would navigate at nights.

Other than that, i really dig the new design.

as far as going wow vs anime on the rooftop thing, i round both designs to be very similar, however, as much as i hate it. the japanese one feels more appropriate, sorry man, didn't want to hurt that lv 60 mage within you.

also i can't wait to see what kind of stock you are going to get.

specially the joystick part (are they neo's, hori's, mas, etc)?....

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Those are Japanese maple leaves and I'm pretty sure marijuana leaves aren't red. I wanted the theme to have a somewhat Japanese atmosphere while not coming off as a Chinese restaurant. haha

See, these are Japanese maple leaves here too (made by forum member Prozerg years ago):
ng-banner3.jpg

ng-banner2.jpg

Great, a Canadien that can't tell a Red Maple leaf from Mary Jane. :hammer:

Edit: I really don't care for the Neo Store logo in relation to the Neo system itself. There's a disconnect. It seems more like a logo for some sci-fi/fantasy RPG.

Last edited: