NEW MVS PRICE LIST

stefano

Crazed MVS Addict
I think that the mvs price list must be renewed. From many times isn't updated, and if you want I can do this work, I check everyday the price of full kit and mvs and I collect them from 1992. I think that I can do a very good job with the help of someone else if you want.

We have to add also the new game like the ngdev one or the Neobiz one.

Tell me what did you think about it.

Stefano

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
If you don't update the main price list, then how about starting your own list in a thread here? I'd like to see what you say about certain kits. You seem to be the expert on the kits and I don't know of anyone else who has the full set.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
I wouldn't call anyone using Italy prices to price MVS kits as an expert personally.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I also think there is a heavy conflict of interest for someone that buys/sells so often he does (here and on eBay), to be in any sort of authoritative position for making price changes to the price guide.

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
I also think there is a heavy conflict of interest for someone that buys/sells so often he does (here and on eBay), to be in any sort of authoritative position for making price changes to the price guide.
I completely agree.

If anything, I'd actually prefer to keep the outdated price list. It would help to keep prices down if anything. Updating the price of Windjammers for instance will do nothing but further inflate it's currently ridiculous price point.

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
But isn't the point of having a price list to show the current value? If prices are inflated, then show what price things are going for. Having an outdated price list for the sake of keeping prices down does absolutely nothing.

If Stefano buys/sells then I do see the conflict of interest - but he could still create a thread showing current market trends to help people get a sense of what things are selling for. Then again, most people know how to do a "Sold" search in ebay as well... to each their own.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I don't agree with someone who sells conversions on eBay to be a gauge of the prices of games. What's not to say that there will be fabricated inflation to games that said person wants to sell? I think jamma nation x is a great resource for loose MVS carts and neogeokult is great for kits. I just don't agree with the original poster having that ability.

noCLip

Camel Slug
I agree that the price list could use an update but I dont think this is the right person for the job for the reasons stated above.
I always did a market search on here and klov and sometimes ebay to see what things were selling for prior to putting up a sales thread or buying something

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I think that the mvs price list must be renewed. From many times isn't updated, and if you want I can do this work, I check everyday the price of full kit and mvs and I collect them from 1992. I think that I can do a very good job with the help of someone else if you want.

Stefano

Why, aren't you leeching enough money from the marketplace already? Why did VT let you off the hook anyway?

stefano

Crazed MVS Addict
Never mind!
I just wanted to make myself useful...

If you prefer the old list of Tonk...for me is ok.

It 's absurd to go check the prices to sell on another forum

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran

Stefano

Yeah no. You want a new price list that says a game is worth 50.00 USD so you can sell it for 50.00 Euro. I don't think Italy and France understand conversion rates. Ban plz.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
It 's absurd to go check the prices to sell on another forum

Is it? Our old price guide isn't on the forum, it's on the main neo-geo.com site. Same amount effort it takes to go to Jamma Nation X or NeoGeoKult.

I think most people are on board with getting the ng.com price guide updated, just as long it's not you making the changes. That may suck to hear but it's the reality.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
I think most people are on board with getting the ng.com price guide updated, just as long it's not you making the changes. That may suck to hear but it's the reality.

This.

Stefano, it's TERRIBLY clear that you want to update it yourself for your own personal gain. Fuck off.

daybona

Juz,
Trusting the fox to guard the hen house? No thanks. If you search enough completed listings on EBay, you can usually get a good idea what the going rate for an item is.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer

Gotta +1 this. Sorry Steph.

The Mad Russian got ya.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Trusting the fox to guard the hen house? No thanks. If you search enough completed listings on EBay, you can usually get a good idea what the going rate for an item is.

This is partly why prices keep going up, from people using ebay as a price point. Ebay takes 10% of those profits on the item sold, but people still list games at ebay prices in other outlets.

Xionicist

NEST Puppet
If anything, I'd actually prefer to keep the outdated price list. It would help to keep prices down if anything. Updating the price of Windjammers for instance will do nothing but further inflate it's currently ridiculous price point.

While having the list updated by a known dealer would be incredibly stupid, I think something should be done with it. I think it's kind of shitty to use a knowingly incorrect price list that exists for the sole purpose of allowing buyers to point to it to force a price down on someone who may not have as much insight on the actual value of their crap.

I've seen that go down in the classic arcade community and it sucks there too. Everyone loves a deal, but if a list is going to be maintained as a "Price Guide", the damn thing should be giving people curious about the price of their items a clue about their value.

daybona

Juz,
This is partly why prices keep going up, from people using ebay as a price point. Ebay takes 10% of those profits on the item sold, but people still list games at ebay prices in other outlets.

I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

stefano

Crazed MVS Addict
While having the list updated by a known dealer would be incredibly stupid, I think something should be done with it. I think it's kind of shitty to use a knowingly incorrect price list that exists for the sole purpose of allowing buyers to point to it to force a price down on someone who may not have as much insight on the actual value of their crap.

I've seen that go down in the classic arcade community and it sucks there too. Everyone loves a deal, but if a list is going to be maintained as a "Price Guide", the damn thing should be giving people curious about the price of their items a clue about their value.

We remove pricelist ... if nobody looks at it and make a link on Neogeokult.
I just launched an idea and all of on him, as always.

stefano

Crazed MVS Addict
This.

Stefano, it's TERRIBLY clear that you want to update it yourself for your own personal gain. Fuck off.

Ma tu da dove esci fuori?...ma chi ti conosce...vai tu a quel paese,maleducato!!!

EDIT

But you where to go out? ... But who knows you ... goest thou to that country, impolite !!!

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Ma tu da dove esci fuori?...ma chi ti conosce...vai tu a quel paese,maleducato!!!

EDIT

But you where to go out? ... But who knows you ... goest thou to that country, impolite !!!

No habla Espanol.

kthx :keke:

EDIT: Non parlare spagnolo!

Last edited:

Capoz

New Challenger
This.

You're very too stupid for stay here.

I don't understand why stefano can make more money updating a price list that everybody can check.

He asked to update the mvs price list because is very expert of this market, not like you stupid asshole.

Stefano don't need money from neogeo to live his life, isn't like Tonk or any other scammer of this forum

Last edited:

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
You're very too stupid for stay here.

I don't understand why stefano can make more money updating a price list that everybody can check.

He asked to update the mvs price list because is very expert of this market, not like you stupid asshole.

Stefano don't need money from neogeo to live his life, isn't like Tonk or any other scammer of this forum

Oh damn! SHOTS FIRED!

Nah, but seriously, I'm hardly the only one that has called him out on this. Looks like I have greatly upset the Neo Mafioso, please don't leave a dead horse head in my bed.

I hate to break this to you, but you are "very too stupid" to realize that someone with a vested interest in a market regulating prices is way too prone to manipulation to be a benefit to said community. I'm sure you know this, but again, would benefit greatly under that arrangement.

PS: You Italians and French scenesters need to learn about exchange rates. That's some shady shit you guys pull.