New Sin City Trailer!

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
This movie looks incredible. Aside from Episode 3 this is the only one I can think of that I actually want to see. Yes, that rhymes.

Zeekade Zarathos

Krizalids Fashion Designer
Yeah, this movie looks amazing, but judging by the near five-minute preview they had at Comicon with Josh Hartnett and Jamie King, plus Rodriguez's track record (he hasn't made a really 'good' movie in almost a decade, since 1996's From Dusk Till Dawn, and it's debatable if even that was good -- the rest has been one Kevin Williamson-scripted abomination of a sci-fi/horror flick, a bunch of sub-par kiddie fair like Spy Kids 2, and the convoluted Once Upon a Time in Mexico, a movie that, shockingly, found a way to waste Johnny Depp), I'm going to go on record as saying this will be bad. Even getting Frank Miller doesn't instill much faith: his latest Sin Citys have been much worse than the first couple, and he's never been praised much for his writing talents... also, the last comic-book movie to do this kind of collaboration was Hellboy, a movie I loathed.

I'll hold out faith, but I'm not counting on a homerun here.

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
Anyone know how big Tarrantino's role was/is in the production of this movie?

Curt

apostate
Thanks for the link

I've been on a big sin city binge, I've read all of them now. Frank Millers story arc is really quite nice

I cant wait to see Sin City, That Yellow Bastard, and The Big Fat Kill Brought to life.

Zeekade Zarathos

Krizalids Fashion Designer
smuf said:
Anyone know how big Tarrantino's role was/is in the production of this movie?

He directed one of the segments as payback for Rodriguez scoring Kill Bill Vol. 2 for a buck. So, if there's, if I remember correctly, four or five segments in the movie, and you can wager that his will be the shortest of the bunch, then you can estimate that his take on Sin City will last about 15 - 20 minutes, give or take.

jaydubnb

Windjammers Wonder
Every scene with Clive Owen as Dwight looks so fucking on! Especially the scene that recreates the ending of The Big, Fat Kill.

My only beef with the trailer is that Mickey Rouke throws one of the single worst looking punches I've ever seen.

4lom

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
This flick does look wild though. I'll be there once it comes out.

:buttrock:

Shred

Bead Banger
I really like how they seemd to make the movie just like the original black and white comic book. They didn't try to make it look like real life but stuck to the original vision of the Sin City world.