New Star Wars stuff announced

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Luke is the only good Jedi we’ve ever seen IMO.
Watch. Fucking. Clone Wars and Rebels.

You could've watched almost two seasons worth of Clone Wars in the time you wasted watching Obi-Wan and Book of Boba Fett.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’ll get around to it but I’m not interested in watching ninjas with lightsabers

My only consolation is that after The Last Jedi the order is finally dead.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I’ll get around to it but I’m not interested in watching ninjas with lightsabers

My only consolation is that after The Last Jedi the order is finally dead.
Rex, Hera Syndulla, Cad Bane, Hondo Ohnaka, Sabine Wren, Zeb, Agent Kallus, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Wedge Antillies, Saw Gerrera, Bo-Katan Kryze, Admiral Yularin, General Grievous, Pre Viszla, Padme, Echo.

All better characters than anything we've seen in the Disney Plus shows, none of them Sith or Jedi, all of them featured heavily in Clone Wars and Rebels.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Luke>All.

I liked Wedge in the X-Wing novels.

I hope we continue to see more shows that are not jedi-centric.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Main problem with Luke is we pretty much never see him at his peak.

We see him when he's wet behind the ears, then we see him as a bitter old man. He spends the whole prime of his life drinking alien milk from bug titties off-screen.

We get to see Ahsoka from her first day as a Padawan until she becomes what we saw in Mando and Boba Fett, and now we're getting a show that tells us what happens after that. And unlike with Obi-Wan, we don't know where she ends up.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Even the Vader vs Obi-Wan duel from this episode with the cracked mask was already done way, way better on Rebels:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Luke arguably is at his prime at the end of RotJ. We see his complete and utter rejection of the Dark Side of the force. Totally and completely. He is willing to die to save his father because he believes in the good within him.

There is no greater scene in Star Wars than Luke casting aside his lightsaber.

Luke is a badass, but not because he is a ninja with a laser sword.

It’s all whatever though at this point anything past RotJ is fan-fiction territory.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Mara Jade > Ahsoka :keke:

Honestly though, it’s a shame the writing has been so uneven on all these shows.

Why aren’t the guys writing rebels, clone wars, etc at the helm?

Even Marvel is doing better in their D+ shows than Star Wars (with the exception of Mando which is the best D+ show.)

That said, I do not think we’ll see worse than the sequels. Those are legitimate garbage, everything else has just been not good.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Mara Jade > Ahsoka :keke:

Honestly though, it’s a shame the writing has been so uneven on all these shows.

Why aren’t the guys writing rebels, clone wars, etc at the helm?

Even Marvel is doing better in their D+ shows than Star Wars (with the exception of Mando which is the best D+ show.)

That said, I do not think we’ll see worse than the sequels. Those are legitimate garbage, everything else has just been not good.
Dave Filoni is the man responsible for Clone Wars, Rebels, and Bad Batch.

He's also the reason Mandalorian doesn't suck. If it were Favreau by himself, we know what we'd get: The Book of Boba Fett.

He's the sole writer on Ahsoka. I have no doubt that will be the best live action Star Wars show by a wide margin.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Dave Filoni is the man responsible for Clone Wars, Rebels, and Bad Batch.

He's also the reason Mandalorian doesn't suck. If it were Favreau by himself, we know what we'd get: The Book of Boba Fett.

He's the sole writer on Ahsoka. I have no doubt that will be the best live action Star Wars show by a wide margin.
shut up before i castigate you out of the forum

famicommander

15 Year Member
Kanan is such a great character because he's such a vastly underpowered Jedi. Luke, Ahsoka, Windu, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Dooku, Rey, Vader, Palpatine, Yoda, Ren, Maul, etc would all mop him in a straight up duel so he has to do it a different way.

famicommander

15 Year Member
When is Ahsoka coming out? Mando Season 3?
Andor S1 - August 31 (12 episode live action Rogue One prequel, already renewed for S2)
Bad Batch S2 - September 28
Tales of the Jedi - late 2022 (canon Filoni anthology animated series)
Visions S2 - early 2023 (non-canon anthology anime series)
Young Jedi Adventures - early 2023 (ages 4-8 Disney Junior show)
Mandalorian S3 - February 2023
Ahsoka - 2023
Skeleton Crew - 2023
The Acolyte - TBA
Lando - TBA

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I am just wondering what’s the deal with Mando season 3 taking so long.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I mean, not really. If he didn't have Anakin, the Emperor would have just used Count Dooku in the same capacity. Except it's unlikely Dooku could've been turned back to the light side, and there wouldn't have been a Luke or Leia to stand against the Sith in the first place.

We already saw that Obi-Wan couldn't beat Dooku, twice, so chances are Obi-Wan doesn't fare as well on Mustafar vs Dooku as he did vs Vader. Anakin becoming Obi-Wan's, and later Palpatine's apprentice is pretty much the only reason the Sith are defeated at all.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Possibly, but, there are far too many variables at play if you take Anakin out of the equation entirely to really say. Could be that the Jedi might have caught onto Palpatine early enough to neutralize him before the Clone Wars, and Order 66, ever happened for example.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Possibly, but, there are far too many variables at play if you take Anakin out of the equation entirely to really say. Could be that the Jedi might have caught onto Palpatine early enough to neutralize him before the Clone Wars, and Order 66, ever happened for example.
They were so stupid they didn't notice Dooku falling to the dark side, murdering a Jedi master, impersonating him, and then ordering a secret army of clones to be created for the Republic in his name.

Yoda and Windu had weekly meetings with Palpatine for over a decade and neither of them noticed he was the most powerful Sith lord in history.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
It is a testament to the Emperor’s skill in the force.

And the Jedi’s hubris.