New U.K Arcade show

grantspain

Crazed MVS Addict
I waited for a reply from admin for permission to post this announcement but as yet have not received any so I figured it would be o.k to go ahead and post the press release for the show.
This expo is organised and run by industry professionals and home enthusiasts,aimed firmly at the home user and collector.
We want to celebrate our hobby and introduce a new generation to the arcade experience.
We hope for support from the arcade community and we are actively looking for people to bring their cabs to show,anyone bringing a working cab for general use will receive free entry for the duration of their stay.
Contact can be made through the website.
Many people here will also know me as grantspain(byoac/killercabs/sega-naomi and arcadeotaku),I have helped advise many people over the years with repairs and spares on many forums.
thanks for support.

grantspain

Crazed MVS Addict
blue-announcement-logo.png
IC-date-stamp.png

Insert Coin 2009 – this year’s brand new arcade game expo - 18-19th July!

Welcome to the best spam thread ever: this is going to be the biggest and greatest gaming event of the year!

It’s with great pleasure that I can now officially announce Insert Coin 2009, a dedicated arcade gaming expo taking place over the weekend of July 18th-19th in Northampton, UK.

This is your chance to help re-kindle true social gaming by meeting fellow hobbyists, butting heads in competition, and sampling hundreds of exciting titles new and old from developers such as:
Sega
Namco
Cave
Psikyo
Raizing
SNK
Capcom
+many more

The show will be all access, featuring dedicated machines, classic cabs,mame and new candy cabinets from Japan. You only pay for your ticket, and after that all games are totally free.
There are a number of competitions being held over the weekend catering to all tastes with plenty of tournaments and prizes to win, and a raffle in which two lucky winners will be receiving either an Egret 2 arcade cabinet or a Namco Cyberlead 2 (TBC).

In addition, Insert Coin will feature tech talks around arcade hardware and cabinets from the experts, and PCB’s and a number of other wares will be on sale at the various stands around the venue. Save your pennies, you might find a bargain!

We’re looking forward to having visitors from all over Europe and beyond, and it would be fantastic to see members of Neo-Geo.com in attendance so we can put names to faces.

All you need to do to check out the full line-up of games and find out the details of exactly what’s going on, is pop over to the Insert Coin 2009 website, now open for registration and questions. Just click the banner below:

Help us make the first Insert Coin expo one to remember!

Thanks for your time.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Sounds good, Northampton isn't that far from me so might actually go to this one

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I think i'll go there,i have relatives living in Northampton.

doctor_shred

Zero's Secretary
That's definately going in my diary. It will be great to play on proper cabs again. I've had to make do with consoles and a supergun for too long.