Nightmare in the Dark garbled graphics

white castle

1.21 Gigawatts!, It's hard to get up to 88mph on t
15 Year Member
It works perfectly in the 6 slot even if it is the only cart and backup ram is reset.
Bios makes no difference.

Last edited:

white castle

15 Year Member
What about the unibios? did you tested it with standard bios in the 6-slot?

No, and I'm probably not going to. I'm lazy today. I started making another video, but I said fuck it half way through.
Changing the bios wouldn't make a difference anyway. If the unibios were somehow the reason it works on the 6 slot then it should work on everything else with a unibios.

white castle

15 Year Member
I only saw 2 of the 6 1 slots mentioned in the video...jk

You want to send it over to me so I can check it out? I'm really curious about this one.

I would need it back before October and I have no idea when I will have time to ship it. Do you have an nitd?
If you do I can make a boot cha board and just ship the wonky legit one.
I don't want it fixed or anything. It would just be so you can see for yourself.

If I do want to fix it I'll do the obvious thing and sac a Bang Bead.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I would need it back before October and I have no idea when I will have time to ship it. Do you have an nitd?
If you do I can make a boot cha board and just ship the wonky legit one.
I don't want it fixed or anything. It would just be so you can see for yourself.

If I do want to fix it I'll do the obvious thing and sac a Bang Bead.

I had a NITD but that's gone now. It was a repair for someone that had a thermal issue with the CMC self-destructing.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
6-slot MVSs feature the PRO-CT0, used both as sprite multiplexer but also as security chip. PRO-CT0 was kinda earlier Neo-CMC, soooo maybe that's the background.
It could happen that your CMC in your NitD have some kind of fail and is supplied somehow by the CT0. Just a thought.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
6-slot MVSs feature the PRO-CT0, used both as sprite multiplexer but also as security chip. PRO-CT0 was kinda earlier Neo-CMC, soooo maybe that's the background.
It could happen that your CMC in your NitD have some kind of fail and is supplied somehow by the CT0. Just a thought.

Interesting.

white castle

15 Year Member
That sounds like the answer. Thank you.
Do all Multi slot MVS have the PRO-CT0? I know 6 and 4 slots do, I just don't know about 2 slots.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
That sounds like the answer. Thank you.
Do all Multi slot MVS have the PRO-CT0? I know 6 and 4 slots do, I just don't know about 2 slots.

4 and 2 slots have the neo-zmc2, another implementation. Also present on the mv1ft (1 slot)

as a sidenote, wtf are we going to do when all the cmc's die? that's not easily cpld/fpga clonable.