Nintendo Revolution Controllers to be DS-style touch screens?

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
France has tasty bread, as does dinkins. I like his sourloaf.

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Stinky-Dinkins said:
Remember when I was playing Halo with your wife and I told her that she has a nice ass? Good times.

That's not what you told her but you still freaked her out - you actually freaked her out so much that now she doesn't want to go out in the world, she only feels secure has a lvl 60 undead priest in WoW... scary... that's the "Dinkins Effect".

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Howdoin said:
That's not what you told her but you still freaked her out - you actually freaked her out so much that now she does even have a real life, she only feels secure has a lvl 60 undead priest in WoW... scary... that's the "Dinkins Effect".

I think I said something about her ass. It was all in good fun. I was looking at the Master Cheif's ass that she was controlling. That thing was tight.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
FeelGood said:
quality
turbotouch.gif

Hehe, I had one of those as well... what a piece of shit, still having a configurable section of game pad may be very cool. As long as there is a real d-pad and buttons, analog could be done easily on the touch surface. Meh

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Stinky-Dinkins said:
I think I said something about her ass. It was all in good fun. I was looking at the Master Cheif's ass that she was controlling. That thing was tight.
Can i polish your Wang with my tongue?

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Stinky-Dinkins said:

Yep, that's her :glee:

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
I don't forsee Nintendo abandoning typical controllers in their entirity in favor of touch screen only technology because it is just too gimicky, even for them. If they truly do this I too sense an utter failure of their next system. As for Nintendo making too many kiddie games, well, I don't really fault anyone for making games that appeal to youngsters. They deserve games to play as well, and I don't mind seeing a system that almost entirely revolves around those games either. That way a parent can buy a system knowing full well their child will have a decent amount of appropriate titles to choose from.

If you are over 10 and want to play a game with substance grab a PC, PS2, or Xbox; and even then you will have to choose your games carefully because flashy graphics and a M rating don't directly indicate quality. If you hold Nintendo in disdain because they have wandered far from the roots of 2D gaming, which they had a major hand in establishing, and the good old days you grew up with you might as well grab a modded Xbox and play the roms of old because, as unfortunate as it is, those days are gone.

Vincent Volaju

Cheng's Errand Boy
I wouldn't mind a touchpad controller for the new Nintendo console if I thought it would be put to good use.
Nintendo already has a touch-oriented piece of hardware out and all it's good for is making Mario 64 awkward to control.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Vincent Volaju said:
I wouldn't mind a touchpad controller for the new Nintendo console if I thought it would be put to good use.
Nintendo already has a touch-oriented piece of hardware out and all it's good for is making Mario 64 awkward to control.
There wouldnt be many Platformers or any non-gimmick games, because of the controller. In fact, the next ninty console would probably spawn a range of nintendo-unique games because of the controller, most multi-formay games would be tough to control on a touchpad...

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
This is just a rumor, but man if it's true they're so screwed.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I don't think the article was nessacarily refering to a touchpad.... More like a controller that was touch sensitive in many areas...

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
norton9478 said:
I don't think the article was nessacarily refering to a touchpad.... More like a controller that was touch sensitive in many areas...
that said, wtf is the point in "sensetive areas" when you coul put a button there? stooopid nintendo.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
norton9478 said:
Allow me to be the first to giggle at that :kekeke:

I don't thing it'll be touch sensitive like the DS either. I think heat sensitive is a good idea.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
norton9478 said:

The article said that the controller wouldn't have analog sticks or shoulder buttons. That's enough to seal its fate.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
JHendrix said:
The article said that the controller wouldn't have analog sticks or shoulder buttons. That's enough to seal its fate.
Seal its DOOM more like

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
So gyroscopic touchpad controls? Yeah. I wasn't going to buy this anyway, but if something like this happened I don't think many other people will.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
JHendrix said:

I'll wait until it comes out to see whats up.

I'll trust nintendo, the only company that comes out with revolutionary mechanics to make something that works and is innovative.

I don 't think it will be another Jaguar contorller.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
At least they are not Promising us Toy Story like in game graphics, Web Browsing Capability and vast online play.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
norton9478 said:
I'll wait until it comes out to see whats up.

I'll trust nintendo, the only company that comes out with revolutionary mechanics to make something that works and is innovative.

I don 't think it will be another Jaguar contorller.
Sounds a bit innovatively crap to me. Why cant they be normal, for once? i suppose, you cant tell if the new controller'll work until they test it out.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
i'm sure lots of people said analog sticks were stupid when we all used D pads and joysticks for so long, at least they are trying to innovate shit, i'll have to wait and see, the touch screen on the DS was strange as hell for me to play metroid with.