Nintendo Revolution Controllers to be DS-style touch screens?

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
From Gamespot, rumor that the "Revolution" controllers will have no analog stick or shoulder buttons (WTF?):

RUMOR #2: The Nintendo Revolution's controllers will be DS-style touch screens.

Source: This month's issue of Game Informer magazine.

The official story: "Nintendo does not comment on rumors or speculation"--Nintendo spokesperson.

What we heard: According to the latest Game Informer, Nintendo is planning something very different for the controller for its next-generation console. "There is no analog stick or shoulder buttons. The touch screen on the face of the controller is designed to be fully customizable, so the developer can configure the buttons any way they see fit, or in other cases will not use buttons at all, instead opting for virtual levers and or other stylus-related inputs." The article goes on to cite sources that say that "Nintendo is actually requiring developers to take advantage of unique touch-screen aspects if it wants to get approval." It also says many publishers are "skeptical" of the concept. Sound insane? So did the DS--before it sold nearly 5 million units. Plus, the very name "Revolution" means Nintendo has something industry-shaking planned for the next generation. "It wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo was that crazy," said one source close to the company.

Bogus or not bogus?: We'll go out on a limb and say this could very well be not bogus, though we won't know for sure until E3.

If this is true I think they're done for good . . . :oh_no:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
yeah i agree. The concept on paper is ever loving genious the ability to make the controller anything but without the responce of the buttons no way will it fly.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
If this is true it's fucking retarded. Touch screens... pfft. Touch my fucking taint.

That is my official stance on the matter. Touch my fucking taint.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
While a buttonless controller would suck, I wouldlike to see either a touchpad or lcd screen in the controllers.

Imagine choosing your plays in madden from the screen on the controller or even drawing your own plays....

Or using maps/menus off the controller

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Nintendo are getting the wrong idea about games... Making them aimed at little kids and spazzes!. Fucking idiots.

10 Year Member
I'm as far as you can get from being a fanboy, but anyone who says this is a good idea is a douche nozzle. Innovation is fine when it serves a purpose, but this is just silly. Nintendo is trying to innovate themselves right into the ground. Let's hope it's just a rumor.

10 Year Member
I would also like to add that somewhere on a Brititsh non-mainstream hilltop Kernow is very excited because he thinks touching is good.

They should change the console's name to the French Revolution. Stupid dirty Frenchies and their filthy useless touch pads.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
what does this mean? the whole controller will be nothing but various touch pads?

man i had one of those a long time ago on snes. instead of a dpad there was a honeycomb style "sensor pad". let me tell you what i did with this controller...

i hit someone with it like a whip and it broke.

H

hermegildo

Nintendo is so starved for innovation that they've forgotten that games are not about gimmicky BS. We don't need dualscreen/touchscreen BS, just gimme us good games.

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Stinky-Dinkins said:
I would also like to add that somewhere on a Brititsh non-mainstream hilltop Kernow is very excited because he thinks touching is good.

They should change the console's name to the French Revolution. Stupid dirty Frenchies and their filthy useless touch pads.

I agree, we French like to touch. We can touch wiz ze fingers or wiz the tongue (French Kiss) plus because we are a proud and arrogant people we should have a console named after us : Ze Revolution iz a perfect name.
Ze pack-in game will be called Super Mario Bastille : ze point of ze game will be to try to get King Koopa and zen your angry mob of mushrooms will behead him.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Stinky-Dinkins said:

:lol:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Howdoin said:
I agree, we French like to touch. We can touch wiz ze fingers or wiz the tongue (French Kiss)

Said kiss has been renamed "Freedom Kissing"

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
norton9478 said:
Said kiss has been renamed "Freedom Kissing"
Along with freedom fries? USA really doesnt like france, does it.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
quality
turbotouch.gif

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This is truly a rumor. I think they have Iwata on record as saying that the controllers will not employ any kind of touch support.

I mean, Touch is cool on DS because there are options for non touch support as well.

I don't think Revolution will be as revolutionary as some people are expecting it to be.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
genjiglove said:
If you want to suck Dinkin's cock just ask him. I know he will let you.
Dinkins, let me blow your huge cawk.