Nintendo's Miis were actually re created from the 64DD

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
64DD Promo Vid

Ive never actually seen this video before.. learned quite a bit from it, hell some of the featured in the 64DD version are more advanced then the features on the wii.

They also seemed to have used some of the other ideas on the DSI...

Everything they have done up till this point is really just a rehash. This essentially puts it in stone for me.

I think that is all about to change though with the motion sensing technologies coming out from M and S.

Also Itagaki had the following to say about Natal after using it at E3. This comment alone kinda gets me a little excited to try it out.

TI: Last night, after E3 closed, I got to touch Natal in the Microsoft booth. It is completely awesome. It's an absolutely revolutionary device that increases the freedom of game design by like, a hundred, or maybe more like a thousand times. I got to play with it, and I can tell you it will definitely lead to some great games. It has no latency in motion recognition, so I'm convinced that the guys behind that tech are complete geniuses.

Last edited:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I'm not even sure if this thought deserved its own thread.

Or if it dignifies a response.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I'm not even sure if this thought deserved its own thread.

Or if it dignifies a response.

The promo video for the 64DD is enough to warrant a thread. We can't all post profound threads asking for help naming beer for wedding gifts, ya know?

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
That F-Zero game that lets you create your own tracks always seemed pretty cool. That's about all the DD add on had going for it.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
check this out:

mario, kart, zelda, animal crossing, and pretty much every other nintendo franchise hasnt had anything significant changed since the 64 either.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
a zip drive on a cartridge system is very funny in retrospect

wizkid007

20 Year Member
mii's have been around since the famicom...just not as fancy as the n64 dd or wii

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbaNZ7IwrxY

Great video man, I knew about the famicom disk system, actually got to see one once. I went over to this guys house in the western part of toronto a few years back and he had thousands of games for just about every system, mostly collector stuff.

As a person he was kinda nervous like I was going to swipe something from his place, made the trade and I left.

First time I also got to actually see a super grafx CD based system.

I leave for Japan for three weeks on August 13th, maybe ill see if I can pick up one while I am over there.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
old news!

but yeah it wasn't even the DD, they've been thinking about it for over 20yrs.

wario ware microgames were from DD polygon studio, or some other DD title.

Last edited:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
The promo video for the 64DD is enough to warrant a thread. We can't all post profound threads asking for help naming beer for wedding gifts, ya know?

Maybe, but wizz0 acts like face/character creation software is a uniquely Nintendo idea that is only 10 years old.

kern gets it. Companies produce ideas/games all the time that get shelved and brought back out every so often to revisit.

old news!

but yeah it wasn't even the DD, they've been thinking about it for over 20yrs.

wario ware microgames were from DD polygon studio, or some other DD title.

Hell, I bet Project Natal that wizz0 creamed over will be like that, I don't think it gets a release for the 360, it gets shelved and brought back out in 5 years when it is more functional.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I don't get this thread.

'Hey, Nintendo Mii's were actually created ages ago'

'Project NATAL e3 ba ba ba'
:scratch:

wizkid007

20 Year Member
Lithy blah blah blah,

Anyways.

Should have been more clear in the thread title.

Nintendo needs to take a few more risks, hell their E3 presentation was the worst of the three.

Last edited:

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I've pretty much given up on Nintendo. I am not as scrupulous when it comes to thread creation. Sometimes people make threads equivalent to "hey, my balls itch" and no one cares. This made me think of the 64DD video for a few minutes and how I looked forward to it coming out, but it never did (in the US).

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
their E3 shit was ....shit.
but they are still making money , so what can ya do.
Does that now officially make Nintendo the Mac-Computer of the video gaming business? "Buy this if you either a) don't know what the hell you're talking about or b) already own two of the alternative"?