No fooling the Pope part deux! Pope Benedict XVI is to resign on February 28th

Bans?

• Total voters

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Just heard it in the news. Apparently, he feels too old and ill to cope with his office... which is okay, I mean, John Paul II. IMO overdid it in this regard.

They say that a new Pope will be elected before Easter. This is going to be a difficult election as the Italians in the Roman Curia want an Italian Pope but there also is a strong support of a Pope from South America or Asia.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
the Italians want an Italian but there is support for a South American

like they don't care who the person is - rather, where is he from for that feel good feeling they can market to the poorer idiots of the region.

It's time for a Muslim pope, so they can bring in muslims to Catholicism. Give muslims the message of Jesus.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
It's time for a Muslim pope, so they can bring in muslims to Catholicism. Give muslims the message of Jesus.

I want a black female gay South American Popess with Japanese genes. Her papal name shall be Red Sonja I.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Are they developing Killer Instinct 3?

I hope so.

Now that Benedict XVI is Joseph Ratzinger again, he has plenty of time for the motion capturing needed for his appearance as mid-boss, complete with HABEMUS PAPAM dm.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I hope so.

Now that Benedict XVI is Joseph Ratzinger again, he has plenty of time for the motion capturing needed for his appearance as mid-boss, complete with HABEMUS PAPAM dm.

If I was going to set up a convention, yeah, I would include a KI tournament.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i thought they had to die to get out of this role. That's kind of interesting.

Marek

Banned
He's the first Pope to resign in 600 years.

He probably suffers from intense guilt over enabling pedophilia across the globe.

W83fxtc.jpg

Last edited:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Why is his mitre photoshopped? Some joke I'm missing maybe.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
This is the "rope-a-pope"

He's going to wait for the muslims to punch themselves tired and he's going to come off the ropes proselytizing.

He took giving something up for lent a little too literally, which has been his stance on biblical teachings anyway.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
i thought they had to die to get out of this role. That's kind of interesting.

The Codex Iuris Canonici (CIC, the book of law of Catholizism) allows a Pope to resign if he feels that his age or health does not allow him to fulfill his duties. The last Pope who made use of it was Pope Coelestin V. in 1294 who quit after only five months.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
So as of the end of february, I guess god stops answering the phone like I do when telemarketers call?

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
I have the perfect substitute....

135128_logo.jpg

BTW, does anyone else watch The Borgias? Absolutely fantastic show. Can't wait till Season 3in April!

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Jeremy Irons would be awesome as the pope, but only if he acted the way he did in the Dungeons and Dragons movie and gave himself the papal name 'Pope Profion I'

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I nominate Senator Palpatine... He knew what was best for the Republic, he'll know what's best for the christian religion...

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
What's nice is we are finally coming to the point where possible candidates will have been too young to have been in the Hitler Youth. So there's a plus.

This is the "rope-a-pope"
I prefer "Pope-a-dope."

Last edited: