Non-cab: what sticks does everyone use?

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
I'm considering ordering a Hori Real Arcade Pro stick (I heard it's the very best, considering it's almost the same as the Sanwa layout of Jap candy cabs).

Anyway, another question...Play-Asia is asking $65 for shipping this thing...is there a place that has cheaper shipping? Or did anyone else bite the bullet and paid it?

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Dreamer said:
I'm considering ordering a Hori Real Arcade Pro stick (I heard it's the very best, considering it's almost the same as the Sanwa layout of Jap candy cabs).

Anyway, another question...Play-Asia is asking $65 for shipping this thing...is there a place that has cheaper shipping? Or did anyone else bite the bullet and paid it?

Even though they're more expesnive at ncsx.com, you're still better off going with them due to their shipping costs.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
galfordo said:
Even though they're more expesnive at ncsx.com, you're still better off going with them due to their shipping costs.

But Dreamer lives at this side of the pond so shipping from ncsx is also going to be high, although possibly cheaper than play-asia.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Dreamer said:

There was a time when those sticks were out of stock everywhere... play-asia couldn't even tell me if they'd get more. I paid 125$ each to goldenshop.hk and have no regrets. They are the best sticks I've used. They were smaller than my MAS sticks, but big enough so I could still feel like I was playing an arcade game. I have a hard time finding sticks I like because I feel most of them are too small (most sticks are the size of either the old or new style Neo sticks, and they are both too small for me).

And, just to dish out some info on them for anyone else who is interested: Yes, they are easy to open up and rewire/modify/change parts if you'd like, etc. That's the one piece of info I really wanted to know before I bought them, but I couldn't find a solid "yes".

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I am getting ready to build my own coustom stick with happ parts.
I'm also looking @ the tekken 5 stick that comes in the collectors pack.
From what I have been told that thing is basically A RAP with crappy buttons/stick...Witch I would replace with sanwa's.
The real question is....Is it worth it?

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
HellioN said:
I am getting ready to build my own coustom stick with happ parts.
I'm also looking @ the tekken 5 stick that comes in the collectors pack.
From what I have been told that thing is basically A RAP with crappy buttons/stick...Witch I would replace with sanwa's.
The real question is....Is it worth it?
YEAH!!! Build your own! I'm building my own too :buttrock: .
http://cps2shock.retrogames.com/jamma/joystick.html
I'm building some modified versions of these ones. Pretty much all I'm going to do is curve the buttons to be more comfortable, and add two more buttons for other games that take more buttons :D .

HellioN

20 Year Member
stuffmonger said:
YEAH!!! Build your own! I'm building my own too :buttrock: .
http://cps2shock.retrogames.com/jamma/joystick.html
I'm building some modified versions of these ones. Pretty much all I'm going to do is curve the buttons to be more comfortable, and add two more buttons for other games that take more buttons :D .

Lolz,
I am going to build my own stick either way.
I was asking if the tekken 5 stick is worth A purchase to mod it with sanwa parts.

BoyProdigy

Crossed Swords Squire
HellioN said:
Lolz,
I am going to build my own stick either way.
I was asking if the tekken 5 stick is worth A purchase to mod it with sanwa parts.

The folks over at shoryuken.com seem to like it. I myself haven't touched the thing but have heard good things about it.

HellioN

20 Year Member
BoyProdigy said:
The folks over at shoryuken.com seem to like it. I myself haven't touched the thing but have heard good things about it.

Yea that's whare I got the idea from.
I'm just not A Tekken fan @ all so I'm not all that willing to buy the box set just to get the stick.
I guess i'll wait for it to hit clearance then pick it up.

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
Well, people, I bit the bullet and ordered the stick from Play-Asia for a total of almost $150 :oh_no:

Should be here in 2 days with the uber expensive shipping at about $70 :mad:

Anyway, I'll post some impressions later.