Nor Cal Fires

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
My area got crushed. Entire neighborhoods burnt to the foundation, hotels, schools, theatres, parks, 1500+ structures, 55,000+ acres, from trailer parks to multi million dollar homes. 5-6 different wild fires and over night 40+ mph winds caused a crazy amount of destruction. My house is ok for now, but many of my friends weren't so lucky.

Anyone else in the middle of this?

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
My area got crushed. Entire neighborhoods burnt to the foundation, hotels, schools, theatres, parks, 1500+ structures, 30000+ acres, from trailer parks to multi million dollar homes. 5-6 different wild fires and over night 40+ mph winds caused a crazy amount of destruction. My house is ok for now, but many of my friends weren't so lucky.

My condolences. Stay safe

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
That Sucks bro. My brother lives in NorCal. Spoke to him yesterday and he didn't mention anything. Stay safe

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
It's, Sonoma, Napa, Santa Rosa, ukiah, Oakmont, Calistoga, Lakeville in Petaluma. It didn't really hit until last night around 9 or 10. Cops were going door to door evacuating at 2am as the fire came over the hills.

Here's my friends house/neighborhood.
22291347_10214446673865949_3837464669159991344_o.jpg

Here's the local Kmart early AM after the fire jumped to the west side of the freeway.22308656_10214399759126254_7483857450159473711_n.jpg

Last edited:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
The Coffey Park area in Santa Rosa went from this:
la-coffey-park-before-20171009.jpg

To this, over night.
la-coffey-park-after-20171009.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Just spoke to my bro and everything is ok around his way. He lives in Morgan Hill. Told me That the fire hit a little bit further up north, like wine country. Looking at those pictures, fire hit pretty hard, damn that sucks.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Just spoke to my bro and everything is ok around his way. He lives in Morgan Hill. Told me That the fire hit a little bit further up north, like wine country. Looking at those pictures, fire hit pretty hard, damn that sucks.

Glad he's ok! Yeah, this is all northern bay area, from about 2 hours north of San Fran to about 35 minutes drive north of San Fran. It was a pretty scary day.

Here's my friend's 680k house in Larkfield. It's surreal.

22282129_1885992391430805_4364517632343580217_n.jpg

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
My father in law is from Santa Rosa. So he definitely knows some friends that lost their homes. Scary how fast shit like this can happen in Cali.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
My father in law is from Santa Rosa. So he definitely knows some friends that lost their homes. Scary how fast shit like this can happen in Cali.

Stuff can happen this fast anywhere, but we just had a 2.9 quake here and a 4.4 in Morgan Hill. Not many places other than Cali where you get multiple wildfires and earthquakes in the same day.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Stuff can happen this fast anywhere, but we just had a 2.9 quake here and a 4.4 in Morgan Hill. Not many places other than Cali where you get multiple wildfires and earthquakes in the same day.

True. Wildfires can happen almost anywhere. Just sucks how often it seems to happen in California year after year.

I hope your house is ok. Scary shit.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
True. Wildfires can happen almost anywhere. Just sucks how often it seems to happen in California year after year.

God hates us because we're liberal heathens.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
All I wanna know is... are the pron studios still standing?... it's important to me...

xROTx

PS. Be Safe lads and lassies... Being Alive >>> Material stuffs...

EDIT. But then again... try and grab a nice MS 1 US cart... I'll give ya' $50 shipped for it... even if it has a smoky smell..

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Some fucking guy on one of the retrogaming subreddits posted a pic of the flames like 3 blocks from his house asking people to tell him which games he should save from his collection if they forced him to evacuate. Jesus fucking christ. Asshole probably loves fried pickles, too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nes/comments/75alw3/my_city_is_on_fire_and_the_evacuation_line_is/

Edit: Holy mother of shit, down in the comments he says he's going to be sure to grab his Analogue NT Mini. Fucking guy probably calls records "vinyls", too.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Those pictures are frightening, it looks like Hiroshima. Sorry to hear this.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Holy shit that sucks. Wow. Hope no one got hurt. What is it with Cali and wildfires?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
My area got crushed. Entire neighborhoods burnt to the foundation, hotels, schools, theatres, parks, 1500+ structures, 55,000+ acres, from trailer parks to multi million dollar homes. 5-6 different wild fires and over night 40+ mph winds caused a crazy amount of destruction. My house is ok for now, but many of my friends weren't so lucky.

That’s crazy. Why does California experience this more than other areas? It would be unthinkable that this happens on the East Coast.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Last i saw it was 10 dead, which is awful, but doesn't seem that bad considering the damage. My boss's house is gone and the only reason they got out was a 2am text from a friend. Yesterday was "keep my fam safe and house from burning", but today it's "go find some people to help".

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member

Agreed, and thank you!

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
That’s crazy. Why does California experience this more than other areas? It would be unthinkable that this happens on the East Coast.

I suppose because of the combined effect of drought and maquis shrubland.
It's the same in the Mediterranean area.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Apparently my one buddy from nor cal is gonna lose his home to those fires, ugh. At least he managed to evacuate in time.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Apparently my one buddy from nor cal is gonna lose his home to those fires, ugh. At least he managed to evacuate in time.

Awful! Sorry for your buddy. So many homes lost. Evacuations for the Napa-Sonoma section of the fire are still being made. They just sent one out for Wall Road out in Napa. This is a horrible in so many ways.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
those pictures are horrifying. I hope everyone's loved ones are okay.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Some fucking guy on one of the retrogaming subreddits posted a pic of the flames like 3 blocks from his house asking people to tell him which games he should save from his collection if they forced him to evacuate. Jesus fucking christ. Asshole probably loves fried pickles, too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nes/comments/75alw3/my_city_is_on_fire_and_the_evacuation_line_is/

Edit: Holy mother of shit, down in the comments he says he's going to be sure to grab his Analogue NT Mini. Fucking guy probably calls records "vinyls", too.

I HATE this twitter/social media mentality...

Get your fuckin'self and family outta there...

xROTx

PS. All jokin' aside guys be safe...

EDIT. Now about that Cab you're carrying out on your back... DON'T!!!:D

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
I feel very sorry to those who are being affected. According to local news, the fire spread rapidly and people didn't have much time to react. The air quality in San Francisco is poor as smoke and ashes are covering the city for the past 2 days.