So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Jesus, 2016 is already shaping up to be a terrible year. :crying:

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
maybe you're just too young? pretty sure you would have had to have been watching miami vice?
I think even older to know he was the Eagles guitarist?
*additions from checking wikipedias 'notable' 2016
Blowfly-I swear I heard of him,old funk guy
Robert Balser- apparently had something to do with Heavy Metal and probably some other animated stuff.
RIP

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Sucks that yet another musician died, but these guys all had awesome lives. You gotta go sometime.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Damn, just bought their "One of these nights" album on iTunes last week. My fave song from him is "The one you love".

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
The heat is gone:(

RIP

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Don't feel bad - I didn't know it either.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I used to think that the Eagles were one of the most overrated bands.....

Then I turned 30.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
I used to think that the Eagles were one of the most overrated bands.....

Then I turned 30.

It's funny. In my younger years I thought that I hated The Eagles. When The Dude said "I fuckin' hate The Eagles, man!" I was thinking "right on." Then I slowly realized that a LOT of the songs that I enjoy on my favorite classic rock station are Eagles songs. In reality, I was just tired of hearing Hotel California and decided that I didn't like The Eagles because of it.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I only knew him from the Eagles. I should check out his stuff. RIP.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It's funny. In my younger years I thought that I hated The Eagles. When The Dude said "I fuckin' hate The Eagles, man!" I was thinking "right on." Then I slowly realized that a LOT of the songs that I enjoy on my favorite classic rock station are Eagles songs. In reality, I was just tired of hearing Hotel California and decided that I didn't like The Eagles because of it.

I knew of most of the other songs too. I listened to a lot of country in 1994 the "Hell Freezes Over" album came out and it got plenty of play on Country radio.

Anyways, the one eagles song of my youth that I never realized was an Eagles song was:

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Of all the songs that someone could associate with Glenn Frey, "You Belong to the City" is still my #1. I play the hell out of that on road trips with the wife

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Of all the songs that someone could associate with Glenn Frey, "You Belong to the City" is still my #1. I play the hell out of that on road trips with the wife

My local classic rock station is called "The Eagle", and this morning they were playing nothing but Eagles and Glenn Frey songs, with snippets of interviews in between. The last song they played before I got out of the car was "You Belong to the City", preceded by Frey explaining how the song came about. Good shit.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
What's the Vegas odds of Keith Richards surviving 2016?