Obama is yet another slave to the demon nicotine

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah, I think that's the shitty part.

I've been smoking for over 13 years now, so I'm lucky I still enjoy it; but I also fear that will be what drags me back.

I don't want to be that dad out there on the tennis court stopping to smoke a cigarette...

That's why I'm trying my hardest to nip it in the bud now.

I want to quit too. It's just not what it used to be. No one around me smokes anymore, and the people that do smoke around me, I don't want anything to do with.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
I want to quit too. It's just not what it used to be. No one around me smokes anymore, and the people that do smoke around me, I don't want anything to do with.

Oh Jesus Christ, fucking Amen brother. You're living my life apparently.

Not as chic as it used to be...

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Since I'm the guy who quit, and you're the guy who is still trying to, I'll trust my own experience.

I tried that whole "I'll just finish off this pack and then that's it" thing multiple times, and it never took. Either you're ready to stop, or you're not. The fact that you want to give yourself more cigarettes before you actually quit means you're not really ready.

That's great man. Glad to hear it. Just don't tell me what I'm ready to do and what I'm not. You really aren't in any position to regardless of what worked for you. Like I said in my first reply, everyone is different.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
That's great man. Glad to hear it. Just don't tell me what I'm ready to do and what I'm not. You really aren't in any position to regardless of what worked for you. Like I said in my first reply, everyone is different.
You are in an excellent position to show me how full of shit I am. Be sure to keep us updated with how you do.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
You are in an excellent position to show me how full of shit I am. Be sure to keep us updated with how you do.

Will do, and BTW I didn't say you were full of shit. I just feel confident that this method will work for me, it's worked for numerous people I know. Been planning it for a while, and have some activities planned that will help motivate me to keep off them (going back to training kung fu next week).

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
LMAO

Nobody forced his ancestors to be slaves...OH WAIT

LOL It doesn't matter his ancestors weren't actually slaves, it's the thought that counts!

:spock:

Actually, his ancestors OWNED slaves...

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
My wife is doing that. I have read that it has a higher success ratio than just stopping.

I really think it depends on the person though.

And shame on you STK for berating his method. As a former smoker you know how hard quitting is, and that you need all of the support you can get, no matter who/where it is from :shame:

This will be the 4th time I've quit, but like everyone said above, you're always just 2 steps from the edge. Quitting smoking is a lifelong battle, and once a smoker always a smoker.

I quit for 2 years once and started again, so I know I'm never safe. With a daughter now though, I'm hoping she's the difference maker.

Real problem is that I fucking LOVE smoking :mad::(

That last statement is the exact reason why if I quit I always wind up back.

I really enjoy smoking...it's not an addiction per say...it just love the feeling of inhaling the smoke.

I wish it wasn't so bad health wise.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
That last statement is the exact reason why if I quit I always wind up back.

I really enjoy smoking...it's not an addiction per say...it just love the feeling of inhaling the smoke.

I wish it wasn't so bad health wise.

I just finished a day without cigs. I ran out last night and decided not to buy more. I'm going to try to make this last.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I just finished a day without cigs. I ran out last night and decided not to buy more. I'm going to try to make this last.

Well, good luck.

I have never smoked and I am thankful for that. It sounds like it is a real bitch to stop.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well, good luck.

I have never smoked and I am thankful for that. It sounds like it is a real bitch to stop.

Entering day three. I started the whitestrips, and as you may know, you can't smoke while you're using them. I figure this will be a good incentive not to slip back in. Other than keeping me off the cigs, it will give me whiter teeth for the first time in 12 years.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Entering day three. I started the whitestrips, and as you may know, you can't smoke while you're using them. I figure this will be a good incentive not to slip back in. Other than keeping me off the cigs, it will give me whiter teeth for the first time in 12 years.

Good job E-dub, I'm at 2 weeks now, and it's finally getting a bit easier.

My wife quit on Friday, so she's on day 3 too.

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
While I think quitting cold turkey is probably the best bet, I imagine someone running for President can't do that, considering the stress involved in the campaign.