Obama is yet another slave to the demon nicotine

Tsubaki

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Wow, his records came out today, I saw it on the news, it must be true.

The report said he is trying to quit using nicorette.

So what does he smoke? Cigarettes, cigars, bongs, or crack?

You'd think his handlers would've smacked the Kools outta his hands before he even was chosen to run.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I'm sure you could count the number of American Presidents who were non-smokers on the fingers of one hand.

Tsubaki

B. Jenet's Firstmate
What a fag. If I was american, this thread title would be the only reason to make me vote in him.

You retards don't understand my ulitisation of such melodramatic hyperbole. Maybe I should just assume that by your usage of the term "fag", you're making a play on words.

I just wanted to know what it was that the "brother" likes to smoke.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Don't you guys worry.

He can change his habits.

And this brings hope.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I'm on day 13

I'm on 5 years (though I fell off track a couple of times over the years) but I know no matter how much I distance myself from the cigs, I'm just 2 steps away from starting up again. quitting for life is a bitch. heh..

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I'm on 5 years (though I fell off track a couple of times over the years) but I know no matter how much I distance myself from the cigs, I'm just 2 steps away from starting up again. quitting for life is a bitch. heh..
Yeah, I'm at about a decade, give or take, and it's a lot easier overall... but some days still feel like I'm not far away from having one.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
You retards don't understand my ulitisation of such melodramatic hyperbole. Maybe I should just assume that by your usage of the term "fag", you're making a play on words.

I just wanted to know what it was that the "brother" likes to smoke.

Well, I was talking about him. I don't buy this "OMG I need to stop smoking" shit.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
If you have to set a future start date, like "beginning tomorrow" or "after this pack," then you aren't ready.

Actually quite the opposite. It's better to set a firm date to quit. If you're just sitting there having a cig and say "hmm this will be my last cig ever I just decided", you'll fail in general. Everyone is different though.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Actually quite the opposite. It's better to set a firm date to quit. If you're just sitting there having a cig and say "hmm this will be my last cig ever I just decided", you'll fail in general. Everyone is different though.

My wife is doing that. I have read that it has a higher success ratio than just stopping.

I really think it depends on the person though.

And shame on you STK for berating his method. As a former smoker you know how hard quitting is, and that you need all of the support you can get, no matter who/where it is from :shame:

This will be the 4th time I've quit, but like everyone said above, you're always just 2 steps from the edge. Quitting smoking is a lifelong battle, and once a smoker always a smoker.

I quit for 2 years once and started again, so I know I'm never safe. With a daughter now though, I'm hoping she's the difference maker.

Real problem is that I fucking LOVE smoking :mad::(

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Actually quite the opposite. It's better to set a firm date to quit. If you're just sitting there having a cig and say "hmm this will be my last cig ever I just decided", you'll fail in general.
Since I'm the guy who quit, and you're the guy who is still trying to, I'll trust my own experience.

I tried that whole "I'll just finish off this pack and then that's it" thing multiple times, and it never took. Either you're ready to stop, or you're not. The fact that you want to give yourself more cigarettes before you actually quit means you're not really ready.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
My wife is doing that. I have read that it has a higher success ratio than just stopping.

I really think it depends on the person though.

And shame on you STK for berating his method. As a former smoker you know how hard quitting is, and that you need all of the support you can get, no matter who/where it is from :shame:

This will be the 4th time I've quit, but like everyone said above, you're always just 2 steps from the edge. Quitting smoking is a lifelong battle, and once a smoker always a smoker.

I quit for 2 years once and started again, so I know I'm never safe. With a daughter now though, I'm hoping she's the difference maker.

Real problem is that I fucking LOVE smoking :mad::(

I thought I did too, but the love has gone. The habit remains.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
I thought I did too, but the love has gone. The habit remains.

Yeah, I think that's the shitty part.

I've been smoking for over 13 years now, so I'm lucky I still enjoy it; but I also fear that will be what drags me back.

I don't want to be that dad out there on the tennis court stopping to smoke a cigarette...

That's why I'm trying my hardest to nip it in the bud now.