Official A/V Thread

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I doubt Joe even owns a hifi or a record player but immense thanks for the education

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
So from the previous page I was looking for a M7 thumb screw, these seem to be unicorns! For what ever reason the AV gods were smiling on me today. Was moving some stuff around and found an old drawer with metric bolts and found an unmarked compartment. I had my original bolt and tried a couple different nuts to see what threaded on, found a working nut and then went to trying ever bolt and found only 2. After some hill-billy machining…working bolt with hole drilled out for banana clip. Not the prettiest but works and was free…

1674173144504.jpeg
I was not dead center but still have “plenty” of meat on the sides…

1674173238361.jpeg
Cut off the excess length and sanded the tip, probably could have put a chamfer on it but…

1674173371667.jpeg
It works. Could also chuck it up on the lathe and round the hex off and apply knurl texture…but that seems excessive for something no one is going to see…

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I doubt Joe even owns a hifi or a record player but immense thanks for the education

I used to have a record player, it stopped working, don't have one any more. And I only have a few vinyl records left.

This poor thread.

neodogg stop being a savage, track down the part or have it made, order some proper bi-wire cables and throw the connecting plates away.

Joe shut the fuck up.

Kern take some pride in your place watch a 5 min how to vid and patch that plaster.

Ive been after a parasound A21 or A21+ lately, but I cant even discuss it with you people, what am embarrassment.

It's difficult to have a proper discussion/comparision in a thread like this, as we can't hear each other's equipment.
For example, the Parasound A21 you mentioned costs at least 1300 USD second hand, so do you expect people to buy it, to check it's as good as you say it is? I'm sure it is good, though. Most amps that cost thousands of dollars are going to sound good. Nobody can really be an "expert" in all of this stuff, in terms of comparing different amps and speakers, as no-one can own everything.

IMO, electrostatics are the best kind of speakers. But you have to have the right amp for them, and they won't have enough bass for some people.
Electrostatic speakers have much less distortion than even the best dynamic speakers you can get (tens of thousands of dollars), which is one of the ways you can judge the sound quality. So, it's not all entirely subjective. But we all hear differently, our ears are different.

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
More importantly has he heard them or just copy and pasting shit

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Yes, I've heard them.

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Digital audio files have higher resolution than CDs, and you don't have to keep changing discs all the time. Which you also have to do with vinyl records, but they have a warmer (and arguably more musical) sound than CDs and digital files.
1675942231984.gif