OK OK... Who here believes in Ghosts... Spirits... Poltergeists...?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I don't need people thinking I am crazy as bat shit, so I think I will keep them to myself... and my wife. :P I might tell you a few stories sometime though.

Hey FAKKSTER! I ALREADY think you're batshit crazy... I want STORIES... NOW!:D

xROTx

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Let's see. I died for 30 minutes and there's a good chance I saw what you see when you die and my dad's place was haunted. Nothing really scary. The lights would go on whenever they want. The cool part was you can ask the ghost to turn them off nicely and they usually would. I think the ghost just wanted to be recognized more then anything.

Only time it got interesting was when my dad died. When I was working on the house I would ask the ghost when I left for the night which lights they wanted on by having them flicker the light. They usually just wanted my dads room on. Around the final days I was working on the house I was on the phone with my best friend and sat down on my dad's lazy boy. All the sudden the shit got real. It felt like my solar plexus was ripped out by something. I lost my breath and you could tell something was pissed the fuck off. Dunno what I did, but I got the fuck out of the house quick fast in a hurry.

Almost forgot saw a shadow person. About 10 years ago a friend was getting me into looking at auras. It worked on the principle of using the outer portion of your eyes. However she warned me not to use the mirror. I ignored her and used one to help adjust my eyes easier. Once I go4 it right I saw a hooded figure in the corner of my eye behind me in the mirror. I sat there and looked at him for 7 seconds it wouldn't move and after I adjusted my eyes again it was gone.

Looking it up it seems it a wrath shadow person who attach to people with great rage. Considering at the time I had a lot of rage in me it made sense.

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
You mother fuckers have pretty much ruined the history channel. Grow the fuck up already.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
^Considering before all the history channel ever showed was World War II archives it's an improvement.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
That's all I ever saw before the ghost stuff. When flipping channels we used to joke what's on the history channel today 8 times out of 10 was World War II. The other you might get Civil War. Though WWII was interesting I really don't need to hear about the same crap over and over.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
These stories about hooded figures while in bed sound like what people see with sleep paralyses

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Hey FAKKSTER! I ALREADY think you're batshit crazy... I want STORIES... NOW!:D

xROTx

Well, since you asked for it... later tonight when I get back from taking wife to Dentist Office, you will get... ONE story! ;) But, if you don't believe my story you won't get...TWO! Got it?!

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
These stories about hooded figures while in bed sound like what people see with sleep paralyses

56470586.jpg

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Until the age of 23 I never believed in such things. Once you have been opened to such I don't think there is any turning back, when your in a group all seeing the same things you can't really put it down to your mind playing tricks. Always best to keep grounded and a level head though on such things. Just accept you either felt what you felt or saw what you saw instead of trying to explain away what you experianced.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
making friends with weird entities is always interesting since they're probably supposed to invoke some kind of hesitation or whatever but i always just lethem accumulate and they play funny tricks on your mom

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
if you whack yourself out enough, anything is possible. one time i did a bunch of cocaine and stayed up for a few days and i what was really a tree or a rocking chair reacting to wind was a huge, huge guy shaking his ass through my office window and i just sat there totally taken aback by how rude yet spunky this big man was

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
if you whack yourself out enough, anything is possible. one time i did a bunch of cocaine and stayed up for a few days and i what was really a tree or a rocking chair reacting to wind was a huge, huge guy shaking his ass through my office window and i just sat there totally taken aback by how rude yet spunky this big man was

:keke::lolz:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member

Winners don't use drugs, Sylvie.

Jon

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Lot of bullshitters in this thread.
So you think ghosts exist and life goes on after you die?

What can you see without eyes? what can you feel without hands? What can you even THINK without brain activity?

The reality is scarier than any tales about demons, ghosts or angry spirits: you will die, and nothing will happen because you're just an inconsequential organism that rose from nothing and will go back to nothing....like a blade of grass.

statix138

Crossed Swords Squire
I rarely talk about this because it makes me sound crazy but my grandparents used to own a house that was haunted about 10 years ago. The had an old plantation home outside of New Orleans in Amite, LA that was used as a field hospital for the Confederate Army during the Civil War. The house was gorgeous but haunted as fuck and had a bunch of weird features. First the family that owned the place, Sanders family (not that Sanders family), has their entire family buried in the grave yard that is in the backyard. If you walk about 500 feet into the forest to the east of the house there are a bunch of poorly marked graves where they buried their slaves, and last in the front yard are three marked graves for the families hunting dogs.

I have spent many nights in that house as a child and witnessed personally the following: hear people walking up and down the stairs when I was the only person home (heavy steps, like a person in boots), watched a rocking chair rock on its own for over 20 minutes (this rocking chair was used by the midwife of the home to rock the children to sleep), hear voices in the attic but could never make out what they would say, smell a very strong perfume once when in the living room but no one else was around, and I have watched multiple times a loose floor board upstairs move in cadence with the sounds of someone walking while everyone was asleep. Almost all of these things others have witnessed, the perfume was the only experience unique to me, and none of us could ever explain. Never had a negative experience except when my grand parents knocked down the old barn. All of sudden we would hear people yelling in the attic and sounding very angry. Only time they really got pissed.

With all of that being said, I don't miss that fucking place at all and it creeped me out.

Found the house on Google maps. The house specifically is the right house out of the two southern most buildings. The house to the left of it was the house built for the crazy mother in-law if I remember right, the inside was is really bad shape and no one ever went in there but my grandfather. That building scared the fuck out of me and I never went near it. The other buildings are modern structures though. You can barely see the left side of the family graveyard. It is the right of the northern most building and is under that big tree.

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Lot of bullshitters in this thread.
So you think ghosts exist and life goes on after you die?

What can you see without eyes? what can you feel without hands? What can you even THINK without brain activity?

The reality is scarier than any tales about demons, ghosts or angry spirits: you will die, and nothing will happen because you're just an inconsequential organism that rose from nothing and will go back to nothing....like a blade of grass.

HATER ALERT

Grown-ups need fairy tales too bro.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
sincere apologies if I went overboard and came off as overbearing.

After a polite and civil response like that?? Keep your apology, bro! =)

To an extent I share your open minded perspective, but just like cult leaders claiming to have magical alien sexual healing powers, or folks who claim to have psychic abilities or have met aliens, etc. these ghost whisperers are cut from the same cloth.

People experience what they have experienced: no way am I arrogant enough to say what has or hasn't happened in someone elses life....but let's get real, if you're talking about shit moving on it's own or you're hearing voices while fully awake, you're probably lying or mistaken.

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
*a morose goth metal number echoes through the club*

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Everybody knows that it was Old Man Weathersby the whole time.

scoobydoo.jpg

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'm all about logic and reason, I don't believe in ghosts, god, any of that kind of shit and will argue with people about it until I'm blue in the face.

Reality is though I'd be pretty disappointed if I actually started to convince anyone, fuck having to chat with someone as dull as me all day long, I naturally gravitate towards people who are a bit deranged, they're so much more interesting.

There's a guy who's been sitting on a bench a hundred metres away from the flat I'm living at at the moment for the last three days. He's not old, maybe mid thirties, his face is bright red and he's been there day and night. I'm sorely tempted to crack open a can of special brew with him and find out why he's such a mess.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
After a polite and civil response like that?? Keep your apology, bro! =)

To an extent I share your open minded perspective, but just like cult leaders claiming to have magical alien sexual healing powers, or folks who claim to have psychic abilities or have met aliens, etc. these ghost whisperers are cut from the same cloth.

People experience what they have experienced: no way am I arrogant enough to say what has or hasn't happened in someone elses life....but let's get real, if you're talking about shit moving on it's own or you're hearing voices while fully awake, you're probably lying or mistaken.
I get you. every other day I share your sentiment. but at times I think we simply see part of the picture. I guess since I learnt about Terrence McKenna I wasn't too fussed. that guy could spin some beautiful yarns.
absolutely with you regarding cunts who make shit up to get one over the dumb part of the populace. fuck them. that includes religious figures too (mostly. especially when I'm angry)