Ok SNK Vs Capcom Card Fighters DS is out

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
And I would like to know if it's import-friendly because I'm quite tempted to buy a copy. Is there an English mode on the jp cart?

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
im not sure since i dont have this game myself but i remember reading somewhere that there is no english option

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Vincere said:
Is there a US release date?
According to SNKP-USA? --Eventually.

EDIT:
From SNKPlaymoreUSA's forums, Q1 2007. Which is as good as saying "eventually."
They're saying it'll only support Ad-Hoc Vs., and not internet play. Which is a bummer.

Last edited:

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
I've never played online so far so I'm not disapointed by this no-online mode news...

dakingofzumunda

Robert Garcia's Butler
Possibly interested in getting the import. Can someone post their impressions who has the game? Graphics, gameplay, music(possibly some SF and KoF tracks) and sound all that good jazz.

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
dakingofzumunda said:
Possibly interested in getting the import. Can someone post their impressions who has the game? Graphics, gameplay, music(possibly some SF and KoF tracks) and sound all that good jazz.
There's a review up by forum member Alba Meira over at SNKPlaymore USA.com's message boards here.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
KagerouSama said:
There's a review up by forum member Alba Meira over at SNKPlaymore USA.com's message boards here.

His gripes seem kinda irrelevant to me, CFC2 had also severely limited the 'freedom' of walking everywhere, doing everything, but it was still a great game. I also welcome the addition of 'forces' 'cos that might help put some speedbumps on some of the powerhouses like Yashiro, Akuma, Sougetsu etc. The only restrictions to those cards in the past was you had to draw them, then it was practically game over, unless you had the big guns to match them.

Looking forward to this game more than ever.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Does anybody actually have the game yet? I want to know if there is wifi. I know people keep telling me no but im holding hope to the interview I read.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Euro is out the end of Jan 07.

Doubt the US will be later than that.

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
soulthug said:
Euro is out the end of Jan 07.

Doubt the US will be later than that.
If Ignition can get Elf Bowling for DS out in the US, than it's likely the UK will see this before the US does.
Heck, Ignition might be able to sell more copies from over there by getting it out first.
Right now I trust SNKPlaymore USA for getting nothing out on time.

They jaded me on Rebout, darn-it!! Rebout!!!! *shakes fist at sky*

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Hell, if they would directly port the NGPC version and put online wifi play, I'D PAY $300 for this game and I would be ripping off SNK.

If it's even 1/2 the game the original was, it will be all kinds of awesome.

Even after 7 years, this game is still fresh and has aged extremely well.

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
Alba Meira sucks cock.

He's stupider than DashK and Leslie combined.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I can't believe:

1.) This is $30 and not $34.99 or $40.
2.) It will release in Feb.

snk`

Kula's Candy
I'm also looking forward in getting this game, for those who are curious about the US release, I visit Play-Asia from time to time to checkout their games,

SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighters DS
SNK Playmore
Compatible with Nintendo DS™
No Region Protection
Not yet published or released Not yet published or released
In stock on Feb, 2007. We do not charge your credit card before pre-orders are being shipped.
Price: US$ 39.90 (~148.01 AED)

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-ba-49-en-15-snk+vs+capcom-70-1iwi.html

I'm so getting this.. but what concerns me most, will the US ver. feature Wi-Fi? :conf:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Looks like ebgames.com and gamefly have it pushed back to the ~27th.

wizkid007

20 Year Member
I actually looked through the thread and there is no wifi in the jap version.

SNK has screwed us over yet again. Fucking idiots.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Orochi_invisibleink said:
if the jpn version didnt have wifi then i seriously doubt the us version will have it....:crying:

You never know though... Japanese version of Clubhouse Games did not have Wi-Fi Connection, but the American version of Clubhouse Games does :spock:

Go Figure.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Based on those screens in the thread listed above, at least we know they're actually working on the english version.

wizkid007

20 Year Member
GregN. said:
Link to NeoGAF thread with new english screens.

Let's hope they fix the brokeness and lack of wifi play.

Reading through the thread on gamefaqs actually gave me hope to the gameplay. As the game is only broken if you stack your deck with the very best cards. But if you mix them up and try and come up with unique playing decks. Its actually quite fun. And the first person to attack doesnt always win. I read the thread a long while back. And it seems the only people who are complaining about the broken style of play are infact the people who dont care to put the time into the game. Hopefully some of the people on this site wont have that problem, and certainly not me as im going to try out this game through and through.