Okay, go time. Favorite Detective or Cop Mystery show of the 1980s

Favorite 1980s Detective or Cop Mystery Show

• Total voters

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
21 Jump Street gets my vote! I'm in the middle of re-watching the series too.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Voted for Magnum but I used to also watch Spensaahhh.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Went with Magnum but I could've voted easily for Spencer or Hunter...all great shows.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Dukes of Hazzard. Most other cop shows bore me to tears.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
i've only heard of the first three wtf

did any of the others even get dvd collections

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
No contest: Miami Vice ftw

I used to watch Miami Vice on a regular basis when it was new but my interest in it sort of fizzled out after a while.

And don't get me started on the clothing trend created by the Crockett character... Armani jackets, white t-shirts, slippers without socks or espadrilles... ugh...

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I never saw the original opening credits sequence and theme until years later. It's weird how different the tone is. Very much 1980 coming out of the '70s, rather than 1980 leading into the '80s.

Still, when I rewatch the first season on dvd, it always kind of grows on me by the time I hit the episode where they switch to the more familiar theme. On the episode before the switch, they use the more famous theme in the end credits, as if they were testing it out.

I tried to find a video of the ORIGINAL original opening credits sequence and theme from the pilot movie. The one that incorporates all the Cross of Lorraine design stuff (there are snippets of that in the video broken posted), but no go.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Are you talking about this?

Last 30 seconds or so seems to have it.

I need to download and rewatch the first couple seasons as its been a long time since I have seen it.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Are you talking about this?
Yeah, that, but it goes on a lot longer. That's a great pilot episode. Lots of backstory to the characters and sets up all the Vietnam stuff that kind of went over my head as a kid the first time around. When I watched the show in reruns later, I realized that stuff was a much bigger part of the show than I was taking in at age 11 or 12.