Old style Joyboards & cracks

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
After some years i took some of my controllers out and was surprised that the balls on the Joybords got so deep cracks. So far i cant remember having so deep cracks on em they seem to grew bigger even if i didnt use em for like 3 years.
Some balls look like they fall apart from the inside but they still stable.

However i looked on my stored away completely new boxed AES sys and the ball of that controller still is intact without a crack.

Also i have 2 Joyboards where i can remove the balls very easyly just by turning them while other newer ones i cant even turn they seem to be glued also.
Any suggestions on booth cracks and remove balls ?

I also saw there are Neo Geo sticks 2 & 3 for the PS2 that look like a reissue of the old style stick while Stick 3 have a larger ball.
Hows the quality of them ? Similar to the old style ones and have they issues with the cracks to ?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I'm assuming that new Neo sticks often came with the cracks already in the ball. It's not something that concerns me. As far as I know, they don't actually break from this, and I kind of thought the cracks were supposed to be there.

The PS2 sticks are a lot heavier than the originals, and feel like sturdier plastic. I wouldn't worry about most of the problems the original had, as they are made of different materials altogether.