PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Very nice. Does that mean the SSDS3 is now compatible with every iteration of PCE/Turbo system that has the ext. port?

neosd

Neosd Developer
Very nice. Does that mean the SSDS3 is now compatible with evety iteration of PCE/Turbo system that has the ext port?

There are issues on the PAL console for sure and i think those are not worth to chase at all cause we may be hunting ghosts and ending screwing the great compatibility we have as today with NTSC consoles.

It took us a big amount of time to achieve the compatibility we have as today.

Here is an example :

Minute 1:51 on everdrive

Minute 1:38 at Super SD System 3

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Yeah, I noticed the graphical glitches. Still a cool achievement, even if I can't figure out why anyone would want a PAL Turbo.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Yeah, I noticed the graphical glitches. Still a cool achievement, even if I can't figure out why anyone would want a PAL Turbo.

I think the same but there were some guys on Spanish forums insisting about that (to get PAL Turbograf16 working)

We just did some changes to improve the way "in game trigger" works, cause this is something that affects games and may produce issues if enabled on some games.
Then, we noticed Turbograf16 PAL was working fine. It was never our intention to get the PAL Turbografx working at all ...

Last edited:

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
I'm pretty sure the glitches in street fighter 2 should appears with original hucard too (region mod needed), i read somewhere , some PCE games have sensitive timing and might have glitches on pal turbografx.

Edit:
confirmed at minute 1:27

The issue is related to the console not the Super SD System 3
so we can consider it as a success.

Last edited:

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I'm pretty sure the glitches in street fighter 2 should appears with original hucard too (region mod needed), i read somewhere , some PCE games have sensitive timing and might have glitches on pal turbografx.

Edit:
confirmed at minute 1:27

The issue is related to the console not the Super SD System 3
so we can consider it as a success.

Well spotted so maybe the PAL TG16 is working fine! Does look that way to me. The other thing that gives credibility to that theory is the game is fine and its just a graphical issue. I would kind of expect other problems tbh if it was the Super SD fault. It's likely that PAL / NTSC difference regards the game code. I guess more testing will prove one way or another, but it does look like its just those particular games.

Genki

n00b
You have me wagging my tongue! I have a PCE that can be used and then I can sell my Duo-R with modded 32k backup RAM (16x the original save RAM, switchable with display)

powerflower

Banned

Yeah slow PAL 50Hz sucks. RGB 60Hz is the way to drive this thing anyway, always was.

Pal via HF...? Jeebus!

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I think the same but there were some guys on Spanish forums insisting about that (to get PAL Turbograf16 working)

Tell them to come onto NG.com...

I will use the phrase... "Suk Mi Kuk" to them...

xROTx

powerflower

Banned
That's rude.
Did the UK even had Scart RGB/NTSC back in the mid 90s? Cause your arbitrary measurement issues are telling like Feet, Asses, Pounds and English breakfast... Also you are driving on the wrong side of the road :-J

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
That's rude.
Did the UK even had Scart RGB/NTSC back in the mid 90s? Cause your arbitrary measurement issues are telling like Feet, Asses, Pounds and English breakfast... Also you are driving on the wrong side of the road :-J

Rots dosen´t has the wrong side problem, cause he drives a tricycle ;)

powerflower

Banned
Poor Rot. Everything is wrong with his country. Completely incompatible to the 98% rest of the world in every way and then you have tricycles...

We Germans can help you, we know how to build an airport in Berlin for like 50 years ;)

Last edited:

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I've been wanting to comment in this thread, but it took a while to get through it all.

This is an amazing product. It's honestly something I've thought about for a while but thought would NEVER exist. Thank you for making this. I can't order one at the moment, but once I can I will. Thank you for supporting this great system. And thank you for coming on the forum to communicate. It takes a lot of effort and thick skin at times. ;)

Quasar247

n00b
Shells look awesome!

Yes, all looking very nice :) Excellent job!

QQ - I can see from the thread & video that the actual card works with the TurboGrafx - at least NTSC models (and jury still out on PAL, but seems to work).

Do we know yet though if the new SHELL fits Ok on the TurboGrafx EXT port? (looks like the connector on the card might be generic/square, but not sure if the whole enclosure fits OK or if it will need any plastic 'modding'?!)

neosd

Neosd Developer
Yes, all looking very nice :) Excellent job!

QQ - I can see from the thread & video that the actual card works with the TurboGrafx - at least NTSC models (and jury still out on PAL, but seems to work).

Do we know yet though if the new SHELL fits Ok on the TurboGrafx EXT port? (looks like the connector on the card might be generic/square, but not sure if the whole enclosure fits OK or if it will need any plastic 'modding'?!)

Hello,

We still don´t know. All we know is that the JAP Av booster wont fit well on the NTSC TurboGrafx, not just cause the connector (our connector will fit on both pcengines and turbografx), but cause the TurboGrafx16 shell seems to be a little wider than the pcengine one.

Once the shells arrive, we will know. We are just waiting, as everyone else

monads

Mr. Big's Thug
10 Year Member
Couldn't wait :)...tried to place an order (USA, cleared with my bank) but the transaction isn't going through and my bank confirmed it's not on their end. 3 attempts made, all transactions denied.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Couldn't wait :)...tried to place an order (USA, cleared with my bank) but the transaction isn't going through and my bank confirmed it's not on their end. 3 attempts made, all transactions denied.

Are you using a web proxy or trying to pay with a credit card issue in USA outside of usa ? the payment system checks those things to avoid frauds ...

monads

Mr. Big's Thug
10 Year Member
Are you using a web proxy or trying to pay with a credit card issue in USA outside of usa ? the payment system checks those things to avoid frauds ...

Trying to purchase with a Chase Visa CC issued inside the USA. I called my bank for pre-authorization, and they see the transactions however state the denial is on the sellers authorization end.

Update: Got it accept with a MasterCard!!! Thanks!!! Looking forward to this awesome product!!!!

Last edited:

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Hello,

We still don´t know. All we know is that the JAP Av booster wont fit well on the NTSC TurboGrafx, not just cause the connector (our connector will fit on both pcengines and turbografx), but cause the TurboGrafx16 shell seems to be a little wider than the pcengine one.

Once the shells arrive, we will know. We are just waiting, as everyone else

Any news on whether the shells are compatible with the turbografx 16?

Just a few posts above yours, man.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Trying to purchase with a Chase Visa CC issued inside the USA. I called my bank for pre-authorization, and they see the transactions however state the denial is on the sellers authorization end.

Update: Got it accept with a MasterCard!!! Thanks!!! Looking forward to this awesome product!!!!
I couldn't use chase either, had to use my bank debit visa instead.

I couldn't use chase either, had to use my bank debit visa instead.

I couldn’t use chase either. I have a card with no fees for international purchases that failed 3 times even after using their “do you recognize this charge yes/no?” system each time. With it telling me to retry after each interaction.

Had to switch to a citi MasterCard.

Chase must really hate Redsys.