Petition to get SSRPG to the states

Hate to tell ya this dawg, but there already was a petition for this back in '97 for SNK to release an English version to the NEO CD... the original SNK crew didn't listen, so I seriously doubt PLAYMORE will hear any better.

MD20XX / Storm Rider

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
I posted this petition not too long ago. I agree I should've done this while it was popular, but I never heard of online petitioning back then.

There were a few online petitions that did work, but not too many of them.

I did this petition while I heard of the first news of SS5, but now that I heard all this news today of SS5 being censored as it is now I'm not so sure that SS5 will really bring the SS popularity back again. I guess the best bet is to wait until Dejap finds a translator for their SSRPG translation project.

Freakit

Host for Orochi
as mog and the roker are saying, online petitions[or even reglar ones] don't do jack. even if you get like 1 million signatures there's still very little chance that'd accomplish anything.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
The family guy petition had over 100,000 signees in the first 3 days... and nothing happened.

You think this is going to change?

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
i dont think its a bad idea.
companies are still releasing ps 1 games.
and i doubt it would be much effort to translate it.
hell. even lease it out to some company like working designs
or atlus to put out.
maybe even port it to gba.
to just let it go down as just a NEO cd game that only japanese
people have gotten the opportunity to play would
be a disservice to the game itself.
its definitely worth trying for.
i think its a pretty decent rpg with a good niche.

SiegfriedFM

Geese's Thug
This game doesn't need a translation, it needs a bullet in the head.

But seriously, the game isn't that great apart from the fact that you have SS characters doing SS moves in it. To begin with, the loading times are HORRIBLE. Putting it on PSone wouldn't help things much (as I played it on a Saturn). Also, it needs a major kick in the ass to move a. lit. tle. fas. ter. than. the. moun. tain. glaciers. It takes a minute just to get out of a village. You start to fear entering a house (indeed, the game asks you if you want to enter so you don't accidentally step into the loading process).

Now, if they rewrote the game, added a run button, put it on a console without loading problems (= either GBA or any modern console) AND made a good translation, sure, I'd play it. But just rereleasing the same old game would rather destroy Samurai Shodown's reputation. And judging by SS0/V, it doesn't seem likely that they'd bother to translate an entire RPG.

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Speakin' of Dejap and SSRPG translation project...
Will the translation be based on the PSX game?
(I hope so... BTW I have the PSX Jap version and
loadin' times are not that bad) ;)

ray_7

As much as I would like this game to be available in English (and in other consoles), it won't happen.

This game is out for too long and SNKP won't give a shit about it.