Phantasm Ravager: Digital Release Oct 4th. Remaster too

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Not sure if many care, but the final Phantasm is being digitally released tomorrow. Some theaters are showing it starting the 7th.

Same with the Original Phantasm Remastered comes out tomorrow and in a few theaters.

Phantasm is one of my fav horror movies of all time. I really hope Ravager is good, it's taken a long time to complete.

Phantasm-Tall-Man-with-Ball.jpg

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I really like Phantasm as well, hope this turns out good

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Never seen any of them. Heard the 2nd one was really good.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I still love the first one, there was some eerie imagery that still bothers me today.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Great, crazy series. The one review I've read for Ravager has been promising, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Reggie Bannister is 71 years old.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Oh man I love the first one also wore this out as a kid and still watch it to this day.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Never seen any of them. Heard the 2nd one was really good.

Yeah, the second one is probably my favorite. It follows in the footsteps of Aliens, taking a horror franchise and injecting it with a solid dose of the 80s action genre. There's also a road trip element that leads to great dialogue and character development.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Nothing here in the UK, as far as I can find.

Let us know what it's like if you watch it, NeoTurfMasta. No spoilers though :)

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Nothing here in the UK, as far as I can find.

Let us know what it's like if you watch it, NeoTurfMasta. No spoilers though :)

i've seen it on shelves a few times over here, matt. but never bothered. not really into gore. more into the haunted house kind of stuff.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
i've seen it on shelves a few times over here, matt. but never bothered. not really into gore. more into the haunted house kind of stuff.

Phantasm has gore, but it isn't about the gore.

All of the movies are fever dreams, and they tease the audience with hints of an overarching plot, but they don't really ever tie things up, because the series is about irresolvable questions. Gotta go to class, but I strongly recommend giving the first film a shot. The movie doesn't really start tripping balls until near the end.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
sounds interesting. might just put this on my 'to watch' list. but from everything i know about phantasm and from what i see from trailers and clips is that it reminds me of hellraiser, which i really am not a fan of. anything with skins being ripped off and spewing guts has always been a no go. i don't find that stuff scary, it just puts me off my food :lolz:. but now that you said phantasm is more about story and plot, i'm kind of intrigued to find out more. i might give this one a go when i'm in the mood for something different.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
I've only seen the first one.
Is really like to see all of them.
Gotta say, the original phantasm dvd was great with all the extras. There was a lot of content with the tall man, Angus Scrimm. He's got a good disposition about him.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'm super excited about this.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter

Ah, that will be the original four. I've got those, but part 5 (Ravager) is the new one, which doesn't seem to have a UK release date yet.

sounds interesting. might just put this on my 'to watch' list. but from everything i know about phantasm and from what i see from trailers and clips is that it reminds me of hellraiser, which i really am not a fan of. anything with skins being ripped off and spewing guts has always been a no go. i don't find that stuff scary, it just puts me off my food :lolz:. but now that you said phantasm is more about story and plot, i'm kind of intrigued to find out more. i might give this one a go when i'm in the mood for something different.

Yeah, there really isn't a huge amount of gore in the Phantasm films. It does have gore, but it's more about the atmosphere. Especially the original.

Last edited: