phantom 1

DEXTERPAWN

Kuroko's Training Dummy
i heard u cant use the phantom 1 converters on older neos for some reason. my serial # is 015355 and i was wandering if i have the right kind of aes.

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
To my knowledge it doesn't matter what vers. neo you have. The only thing that may effect the game playing expirience when using a neo is what board revision you have. You may get white, 'glitch' lines in games that the camera pans back and for(like in SS2) and MSX may not work. It all depends on the board revision that you have.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
My unit is a lower SR than yours and works perfect.

I have had no problems like others have brought up and no reboot probs with ROTD either.

I say we have the best range of SR's as far as Phantom compatibility goes.

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
I've got both lower and higher serial number units and all work just fune with my Phantom-1. From what I've gathered, bootleg carts (poorly made ones) are the culprits most of the time followed by worn out slots.

daybona

Juz,
There have been several post inquiring about Phantom 1 and home cart system compatibility. The general consensus has been that motherboard version aes 3-6 is not 100% compatable with the Phantom 1.

The way to find out what board version you have is to simply open up your home cart system and look. Use a screw driver to remove the visible screws from the bottom of the unit. The rest of the screws can be found under the rubber pads on the unit.

When you open up you system, the board version will be listed on the far left side of the motherboard in large white letters.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I wish someone would make another version of the P-1

I'm sorta leary about buying one, but I want to buy Kizuna and Ninja Masters' and not pay hundreds of dollars.

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
the roker said:
I wish someone would make another version of the P-1

I'm sorta leary about buying one, but I want to buy Kizuna and Ninja Masters' and not pay hundreds of dollars.

You could always just get yourself a consolized mvs set up with the Uni-Bios......forget the Phantom-1.

See my sig, and PM me for details if your interested.;)

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Robert Wallace said:
You could always just get yourself a consolized mvs set up with the Uni-Bios......forget the Phantom-1.

See my sig, and PM me for details if your interested.;)

I don't really like the look of the consolized MVS's

I know it sounds funny, but I'd rather have a home system, plus I've always wanted to have a collector's item cart like Last Blade.

I will most likely buy another cab. I had a non-dedicated MVS a while ago.

I don't have the room for it now.