Playing imports on Xbox360, Wii and Ps3? Need suggestions

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
I'd like to play imports on my consoles without losing on all the "online goodness" - can someone point me in the right direction to get the encessary equipment?

Xbox 360 : I've read of a few chips that can be added but none speaks of import, they only mention backups (for which I don't care at all). Any chip will allow me to get some Japanese games on my US system?

Wii: new modchips coming out but yet again no mention on playing imports, is it not available?

PS3: I know that the PS3 is region free but I'd also like to import some PS2 titles to play on it, any solution available to play Japanese games on a US system?

Highlander67

Sultan of Slugs
Howdoin said:
I'd like to play imports on my consoles without losing on all the "online goodness" - can someone point me in the right direction to get the encessary equipment??
Well let's see

Howdoin said:
Xbox 360 : I've read of a few chips that can be added but none speaks of import, they only mention backups (for which I don't care at all). Any chip will allow me to get some Japanese games on my US system??

I have not seen a chip as of yet that plays imports.

Howdoin said:
Wii: new modchips coming out but yet again no mention on playing imports, is it not available??
No info is given as to what the mod chip will do. I would hope it can play imports.

Howdoin said:
PS3: I know that the PS3 is region free but I'd also like to import some PS2 titles to play on it, any solution available to play Japanese games on a US system?

I'm looking for the same thing. I would buy a PS3 in a heart beat if there was an easy way to do it without a modchip add-on.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I would like to play imports on the Wii. However, I would think that any chip will be able to be detected via updates and thus make it useless at some point.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Unfortunately the answer is no across the entire spectrum of questions.

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
Looks like today's your lucky day, another Wii modchip announced, called the Wiikey.

http://www.gbatemp.net/

* Fully upgradeable via DVD/disc (future proof, expect cool features to come)
* Direct boot of Wii backups (like originals)
* Direct boot of GC backups (like originals)
* Boots different region GC games/backups
* Boots different NTSC region Wii games/backups
* Supports multi-disc games
* Supports DVD-R and DVD+R
* Built-in audio fix (for games using streaming, no patch required)
* Stealth mode
* 4 wires & quick solder interface
* Compact design, best quality components, rock solid high speed controller
* Professional ESD packing

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Anyone know how to play imports on a PAL xbox?

Both kinds, US and JP. I wanna play a few yank only games, and I wanna play Shiki and Psyvariar on the beast. :)

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
soulthug said:
and I wanna play Shiki and Psyvariar on the beast. :)
3/5 of a man up and get a JP Dreamcast, you anti-Sega Limey! :envy:

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Howdoin said:
I'd like to play imports on my consoles without losing on all the "online goodness" - can someone point me in the right direction to get the encessary equipment?

Xbox 360 : I've read of a few chips that can be added but none speaks of import, they only mention backups (for which I don't care at all). Any chip will allow me to get some Japanese games on my US system?

Wii: new modchips coming out but yet again no mention on playing imports, is it not available?

360: No dice. Get a JP 360 and Asian US titles if you wanna play imports.

Wii: Kind of a non-issue, but maybe they'll eventually have a FreeLoader disc that also does Wii games.

PS3: You'd be better off having a cheap US PS2, and get a Japanese import PS3 since they're actually the same price as a US model (20GB) at Play-Asia.

That is all.