Please help me remember this movie

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Need help remembering a martial arts movie... I think it's from the late 70s - mid 80s but I could be wrong. We had the VHS tape when I was a kid, so it had to be a popular movie but I can't find it anywhere. I have searched for hours on youtube and nothing is popping out as a possibility.
What I remember:
There was an emphasis on pressure points during the entire movie. I remember the guys using black ink/paint on their fingers to mark their opponent as they were hit.
The ending was great... It was in a forest scene with several opponents of the "star" of the movie. I vividly remember two of the guys were brothers and one jumped on the others shoulders (with that crazy jumping) and one had a chain with a knife at the end... Pretty sure the star died in the ending.
Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Sounds like a Shaw Bros flick.

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Sounds like a Shaw Bros flick.
I do remember some nudity in it, and research into this has shown Shaw Bros had their fair share of boobs in their movies. I now recall one scene where a lady was given a love potion of sorts...
Executioners from Shaolin?
That is what I thought as well... It is along those lines for sure. It is missing the black ink on the pressure points though. That is one of the things I am certain about.

Great flick though!

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Probably a terrible guess but, Fist of the North Star? There was a horrible live action movie made in the late 80's.

Jon

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Five Fingers of Death.

Not the right movie, but an awesome one that needed to be mentioned here. At the end of the day, what remains from this thread as a merit are all those great titles that ain't that particular one you searched for.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
so pressure points marked with black ink by the Hero?

I want to see a ninja movie we got to rent when I was like 7 or 8 where all I can remember is that there was an underwater reed breathing scene where the guy popped up afterward and executed at least 2 guys.(pretty sure there were mass throwing star scenes and running among either pines or bamboo and some plains besides the river scene)

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Need help remembering a martial arts movie... I think it's from the late 70s - mid 80s but I could be wrong. We had the VHS tape when I was a kid, so it had to be a popular movie but I can't find it anywhere. I have searched for hours on youtube and nothing is popping out as a possibility.
What I remember:
There was an emphasis on pressure points during the entire movie. I remember the guys using black ink/paint on their fingers to mark their opponent as they were hit.
The ending was great... It was in a forest scene with several opponents of the "star" of the movie. I vividly remember two of the guys were brothers and one jumped on the others shoulders (with that crazy jumping) and one had a chain with a knife at the end... Pretty sure the star died in the ending.

Invincible Armour? Executioners of Shaolin? I remember those movies had pressure points, where the dude had invincible armour & shit...he can suck his balls up to prevent from getting crushed. Ill ask my kung fu buddies with your description,they might know if its not those two.

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
so pressure points marked with black ink by the Hero?

I can guarantee that is true. It's the one thing that separates most of the guesses from what I'm looking for. Some have been very close! The good news is I've been watching a ton of these movies again! :)

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Thinks, maybe

Five Element Ninjas/Chinese Super Ninjas

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Teh intro of Clan of the White Lotus a.ka. Fist of the White Lotus seem to describe the ending.

I can guarantee that is true. It's the one thing that separates most of the guesses from what I'm looking for. Some have been very close! The good news is I've been watching a ton of these movies again! :)

Any more clues, this is driving me crazy haha

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Any more clues, this is driving me crazy haha

Not so much clues, and at this point I think the possibility of mixing movies is a possibility... Having said that, I believe its the same movie in which a nude lady (kinda fat) was given some sort of drug, and started dancing for the guys I suppose against her will... I know for sure that was in a similar style (martial arts) movie, but might be a different one.

The key that is missed is the black ink/paint on the fingers which showed the pressure points being hit.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I remember the guys using black ink/paint on their fingers to mark their opponent as they were hit.

Sounds like "Magnificent Butcher" by Sammo Hung + Yuen Woo Ping (Golden Harvest). Love this movie so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

magnificent-butcher.jpg

kyosuke75

Mr. Big's Thug
My favorite kung fu movie is Master of the Flying Guillotine. The intro to the movie is so bad ass with that monk getting pissed off and flying in a leap of rage.

That monk was nearly invincible.