Possible XRGB Mini final run

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
It's about time. Micomsoft need to rethink their XRGB line after the release of the OSSC.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's about time. Micomsoft need to rethink their XRGB line after the release of the OSSC.

oh, how timely of you. I am excited to see what the community does with OSSC.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
That's disappointing, hopefully the future yields something good on the horizon!

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Apparently they are going for $600+ on eBay now...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Not a big deal to me, Bought it twice and sold it twice. Hopefully they come out with something better in the future and go back to the older bigger xrgb style with the scart input in the front or in the back. Wasn't a big fan of the plug in adapters.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I can't imagine them not selling an upscaler. I suspect that the Framemeister is being discontinued to make room for something else.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Apparently they are going for $600+ on eBay now...

Get the fuck out! I had to check for myself because I didn't believe it...they're going straight up fast...this is everything wrong with this hobby.

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
I assume they will make a follow up to the Framemeister. Didn't people freak out when they ended production on the XRGB3 and then it took a while before the Framemeister showed up?

elGRIZZbo

Mr. Big's Thug
Wouldn't it be nice if a big time TV manufacturer like Sony or Samsung catered to retro gamers by putting out a new HDTV with a high quality upscaler like the Framemeister built in?

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Wouldn't it be nice if a big time TV manufacturer like Sony or Samsung catered to retro gamers by putting out a new HDTV with a high quality upscaler like the Framemeister built in?

Sounds like a waste of money to me, for such a small demographic

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I can't imagine them not selling an upscaler. I suspect that the Framemeister is being discontinued to make room for something else.

My guess is they are working on a 4K version.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
My guess is they are working on a 4K version.

I would not be at all surprised.

What *would* surprise me is if they were getting out of the retrogaming upscaler market. That shit is more popular now than ever. The XRGB used to be a niche product in this country.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I would not be at all surprised.

What *would* surprise me is if they were getting out of the retrogaming upscaler market. That shit is more popular now than ever. The XRGB used to be a niche product in this country.

Micomsoft has been around for so long, I think their product base will always be around for video games.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Yeah supposedly production is ending because it's too hard to source the required parts for this model. They'll come out with a different model using newer parts at some point.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

I actually thought about this as well. A tv with super low input lag with a built in upscaler and all the neccesary video inputs for both retro and new gaming. I would be all in.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yeah supposedly production is ending because it's too hard to source the required parts for this model. They'll come out with a different model using newer parts at some point.

What parts are rare? D-Terminal ports?

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Pretty much, these things help very little, not worth the money.

Wat? :spock:

I've heard some wild allegations thrown around on this site but this has to be the most cockamamie one I've heard.

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
#gottahearbothsides

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
According to a credible source, they're going to work on something else non-upscaler related until it gets cheaper to develop for 4K.

IMO, the OSSC is a better cheaper alternative. Just a little hard to get right now. There next batch of 500 is due around Feb. 2017 and I think all the spots are already filled. So if you dont have one, and your not on the list the next accessible batch probably wont be until April/May if you get on the list now.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
My biggest gripe with the OSSC is it only goes to 720P.

Waiting for the guy to upgrade the OSSC which I think will be inevitable before I take the plunge, already got a frame meister.