Possible XRGB Mini final run

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I love my Framemeister, the output on a NES with NESRGB really has to be witnessed in person.

I will agree it is totally overpriced though.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Wat? :spock:

I've heard some wild allegations thrown around on this site but this has to be the most cockamamie one I've heard.

I agree. The mini is not perfect but it is a great device that works well.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Glad I got mine 6 weeks ago.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
With the move to UHD, 1080p and 720p sets are going to be dirt cheap soon. By me, crts are easily found still.

The Mini will be handy for quite a while.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Wat? :spock:

I've heard some wild allegations thrown around on this site but this has to be the most cockamamie one I've heard.

You're crazy to think that this device can even get close to actual RGB crt. It's not worth it, mind as well play it clean, no mismatched scanlines, no bullshit blur, no silly crap. Better off with a RGB to Component device, a lot less money, clean results.

I get the strong felling most people using these things don't even know what they're looking at.

Edit: How many people out there aren't even aware of what pixel counts are anyway, this is a cool device for shits and giggles but not an optimal device at all, specially not at the price they move.

Edit 2: Emulation on LCD screens provides better results than this device, lol, if you can't figure that out by now then you're blind.

Kiel wants to talk about cock...

Last edited:

sparksterz

Camel Slug
You're crazy to think that this device can even get close to actual RGB crt. It's not worth it, mind as well play it clean, no mismatched scanlines, no bullshit blur, no silly crap. Better off with a RGB to Component device, a lot less money, clean results.

I get the strong felling most people using these things don't even know what they're looking at.

Edit: How many people out there aren't even aware of what pixel counts are anyway, this is a cool device for shits and giggles but not an optimal device at all, specially not at the price they move.

Edit 2: Emulation on LCD screens provides better results than this device, lol, if you can't figure that out by now then you're blind.

Kiel wants to talk about cock...

Sure a PVM or equivalent CRT is the ideal way to play, but to say that if you're not going to do that you may as well forgo all original hardware and use emulation...Is that what you actually mean? Or do you think just the XRGB Mini in particular is shit?

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Not everybody has easy access to crt tv's, so FM is a decent alternative for those people that can't use crt and want to play their old consoles on their flat screens without the image looking like complete shit. That being said there are a lot of different up-scaling options now that are super competitive.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
By now, everybody who wanted one, got it... In my opinion, those devices aren't going in the right direction anyway, simply because signal processing causes lag. I'd kickstart a proper LCD/OLED 40" 4:3 gaming monitor with 15, 24 & 31 kHz progressive material support immediately. It's a reactionist approach, but at least one that's uncompromising. Alas, so is indulging in wishful thinking.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I did own a PVM and had to give it away due to space reasons. The XRGB-Mini fullfills the role of allowing me to use a single screen (Flat TV) for all gaming purposes while providing a picture that I consider good and where I don't have the feeling of considerable input lag. While I did prefer the image of the PVM I consider the XRGB-Mini to be a good quality product and fitting for my gaming needs.

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
That's it. Space and convenience reasons, not everybody has a place to even put a 14 incher in their mancave. Heck, I don't have one.

Ok it's in the crazy price range, but you can't have everything unless you're rich.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
My opinion of the mini really changed after spending some time messing with it. I was like many of the people critical of it but it's pretty amazing.

It's just another worthwhile option. If you're going to buy a converter / upscaler don't waste your money on the cheap units. One of the eBay scart cable sellers included a list of cheap converters the cables work poorly with.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Gonna buy an OSSC as soon as I get the funds, it's already a better solution than the framemeister right out of the box.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
how? it's missing a lot of the features that the xrgb mini has, only real plus is that it's basically lagless.

A lot of features I don't need. It's near lagless, has perfect integer and aspect scaling for it's different video modes, and it handles many video sources better than the mini. Even Dreamcast VGA works with it right out of the box.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
One of the reviews mentioned it'll boil down to personal preferences. I will probably preorder an OSSC and decide for myself.

More options to play the old systems on modern sets is a damn good thing!

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Damn,had plans to sell a few things so i have the money for a xrbg mini.While i still have a couple of crts i wanted to switch over using a xrbg mini on the older consoles for use on hdtvs.Still i won't be surprise if micomsoft comes out with a newer model later on.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I too am thinking about moving over to an upscale device from a CRT. Now that I see this thing skyrocket in price, I will wait to see what comes next from them.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Check out Solaris as eBay is nuts.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Just in case any of you guys are interested, the OSSC seems to work fine with the X68000:

C3ETjW6WgAAVuHH.jpg