Post your favorite DBZ clips

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
That's not what happened at all, he explicitly states he's been intensely training in secret for a long time and he's still by far the weakest on their team when the tournament starts. Significantly weaker than Krillin or Tien.
I watched the Japanese version, I wonder if the dialogue is changed. It's been years since I watched it, but I remember the other characters talking about how he's been holding back all this time. Maybe I'm not remembering right. Either way, he wasn't immediately demolished in the tournament, so he did a pretty good job considering the ridiculous power all fighters were supposed to have.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I watched the Japanese version, I wonder if the dialogue is changed. It's been years since I watched it, but I remember the other characters talking about how he's been holding back all this time. Maybe I'm not remembering right. Either way, he wasn't immediately demolished in the tournament, so he did a pretty good job considering the ridiculous power all fighters were supposed to have.
They go out of their way to highlight that Roshi felt useless during all the Cell and Buu stuff so he'd been training on his own since then.

The power scaling in Dragon Ball has always been retarded anyway so I don't mind that they powered him up so dramatically. Frieza and Android 17 have similarly ridiculous jumps.

It's a lot more interesting to have characters like Piccolo, Krillin, Tien, Roshi, 17, and 18 being relevant and useful than just having them stand around while the Saiyans do everything anyway.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
RIP............He's in the next dimension now.

Loved seeing this happen to Vegeta

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
RIP............He's in the next dimension now.

Loved seeing this happen to Vegeta

I can't remember how many times Vegeta pulled up to a fight, said something along the lines of "I'm the strongest Sayan, I will destroy you easily" and then he loses, every. time. It seemed to be a key part of the formula that even after all the training and leveling up, he could never defeat anyone. It happened with Frieza, androids, cell, fat Buu, etc. dude just kept doing his trash talk and then losing over and over and over.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Anyone else cry when piccolo saved gohan from nappa and died? What an arc, going from wanting to kill your enemy to sacrificing yourself to save his son, what an ARC

liek if u cry everytime

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
Question. Cell refers to himself as an android, but is he really? Cambridge dictionary defines Android as a robot that resembles a person. Cell is not a robot right?

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member

I think I said it somewhere on here, but I'm kind of hot or cold on DBS (except for the movies which are top-notch). I think when it hits right, it is some great stuff and this fight/scene was really great stuff.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
Piccolo was my favourite too, but this scene was classic.
This was good for the feels to see tien actually doing something with an effect on the story, but isn't this the same form cell had when he was easily dealing with trunks and Vegeta? There was some suspension of disbelief needed to consider that tien could hold him at bay like this. Seems like it probably should have been trivial for cell to do a much more powerful energy blast and quickly overpower him instead of just ramming himself into tiens blast over and over.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Dead Zone is still the best movie. Very tight at 41 minutes, no bullshit, some of the coolest fight choreography in the entire series, the best villains, great animation, Piccolo being a BAMF, and even a stupid musical number where Gohan gets drunk (completely went over my head in sixth grade).

Ocean dub or original dub only for Dead Zone, Funimation is unwatchable for me.

POWER POLE EXTEND!

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
This was good for the feels to see tien actually doing something with an effect on the story, but isn't this the same form cell had when he was easily dealing with trunks and Vegeta? There was some suspension of disbelief needed to consider that tien could hold him at bay like this. Seems like it probably should have been trivial for cell to do a much more powerful energy blast and quickly overpower him instead of just ramming himself into tiens blast over and over.
Tri-Beam is the most powerful pound for pound attack in the franchise. The in-universe explanation for it is because it uses his actual life energy rather than just his fighting energy, so it's literally killing him and not just tiring him out every time he fires it. Tien has used it to punch well above his weight several times like when he destroyed Nappa's armor, beat down Cell, and deflected a blast from Buu with it.

Which makes it that much more stupid that none of the other characters bothered to learn it, or that Cell didn't use it against Gohan.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
So although I'm going ham about DBZ in this thread, I have not seen every episode or movie. In terms of Z, I've only watched the Android movie with the truck hat Android, and the one where the fighters fought Bojack and his henchmen.

Each of those was pretty lackluster, I think the fun parts of DBZ are the wind ups and drama before a major fight rather than fights themselves in many instances.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
Tri-Beam is the most powerful pound for pound attack in the franchise. The in-universe explanation for it is because it uses his actual life energy rather than just his fighting energy, so it's literally killing him and not just tiring him out every time he fires it. Tien has used it to punch well above his weight several times like when he destroyed Nappa's armor, beat down Cell, and deflected a blast from Buu with it.

Which makes it that much more stupid that none of the other characters bothered to learn it, or that Cell didn't use it against Gohan.
Maybe it's like the others are too smart to use it, like Vegeta not bothering to use the bulked up SS form because he's aware of the significant speed disadvantage, whereas trunks uses it to poor results because he doesn't know better.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
I watched this guy's video. It was incredible to see him turn a few offhand remarks in the manga into a full blown 25 minute video with multiple inferences about DBZ lore. This guy must be a professor of DBZ.