Post your High School stereotype

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I was the "Sand nigger" or "camel jockey" of the school. It didn't matter what I did or liked, I didn't have a chance to be anyone. I guess I found solace in videogames. Even the losers and nerds stayed 10 feet away from me.

It's a good thing there were mexicans, black people, and the occasional white trash to band together to form a small coalition. Surprisingly I had no problems with women. I guess the ostracized guy angle worked good for me.

Otherwise fuck high school, most traumatic time of my life.

Igniz v2

whinny little kid, why r teens so angry, needs sec
I spent grade 9 at an "alternative school" with like 10 other kids after getting kicked out of normal school for barely showing up, and when I was there I lipped off the teachers and generally just caused trouble, didn't do my work etc. I'm pretty sure me and a couple of kids are responsible for one teacher not passing her teaching practicum, and I made another one cry and go on leave for a bit (but that's a whole other story)

The kids at this place had way worse issues than me, like being 13 and smoking meth, poor literacy etc, so seeing that and gaining perspective on what things could be like should I choose to continue being a fuckup, combined with teachers that treated me respectfully pretty much set me straight before I went to high school.

In high school, with the whole making teachers cry thing out of the way, I was more or less a slacker and hung out with slackers and other people like myself who weren't in any "cliques" so to speak or teams. We formed a sort of amorphous social group that splintered when you were outside of school but we all saw and talked to and had lunch with eachother when we were at school. Perception of me personally by others, was probably that of a pizza-face nerd at the start (an accurate appraisal), and at the end as the token indie rock guy of our school (the whole indie explosion hadn't reached our school yet, screamo reigned supreme in cool circles) - When I told my bio teacher I was away because I was at coachella this one girl asked me if I had played.

Overall high school was pretty alright, and fun, but there's plenty of bad memories mostly stemming from home life at the time so it's nothing I'd run back to.