Post Your Recent Purchases!

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
It is pretty tough to find, and in demand as well which equals the high price. It is very similar to Cybernator but developed by LucasArts who produced a bunch of awesome SNES games

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
It's really becoming stupid the market. I wanted to acquire splatter house 2-3 for the Genesis. I sold them on here years ago. They are 120-170$ games now?!?
They surely are fun to play. Which is why I want them. I can't see paying that much for it.

That's why when i do come across rare games for Nintendo I buy them as trade bait. But not many people collected the Genesis. The ones who do have the games I want will only do cash transactions

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Those two copies of puzzle bobble are probably boots. Fatal Fury Special has a chance of being real.

FYI to OP: Puzzle Bobble is one of the most pirated games on the Neo Geo. For most games, you can carefully take the cartridge apart and compare the internal boards to the ones at mvs-scans.com, but they don't seem to have any scans of an authentic Puzzle Bobble there.

Were ANY authentic copies of Puzzle Bobble produced?!?

Anyway, check and see if the chips all have the number "083" etched on them. That's the assigned NGH code for that game and an authentic copy will have that number etched on each chip. You can find the NGH numbers for every game here: http://www.neo-geo.com/snk/masterlist.htm

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
FYI to OP: Puzzle Bobble is one of the most pirated games on the Neo Geo. For most games, you can carefully take the cartridge apart and compare the internal boards to the ones at MVS Scans Dot Com, but they don't seem to have any scans of an authentic Puzzle Bobble there.

Were ANY authentic copies of Puzzle Bobble produced?!?

So far nobody here has found any original PBs that weren't converted from less fortunate games. I haven't either.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
So far nobody here has found any original PBs that weren't converted from less fortunate games. I haven't either.

How strange. I wonder what the history is inside SNK with that title. Was the game completed but never manufactured so the developers leaked the code? Or was it ported to MVS from the CD version?

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
Glad to see some replies. Yes, I am aware that I have most likely obtained boots. The bottom one is a dead giveaway for a boot. But I will be okay as long as the top one is a legit. Even then, $50 isn't bad for three MVS games imo, boot or not.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
Although now, I am looking for a game I have always wanted on the Neo Geo MVS, Waku Waku 7. It is one of my favorite fighting games on the Neo, but unfortunately I can't find a legit one for $100 or under :\

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Although now, I am looking for a game I have always wanted on the Neo Geo MVS, Waku Waku 7. It is one of my favorite fighting games on the Neo, but unfortunately I can't find a legit one for $100 or under :\

Dems the breaks, kid. Time to start mowing lawns and socketing away your monies.

Neo Geo iz Money!

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
It's not that I don't have the money for it on ebay, it's just I prefer to stay at my max of $100 for that game. I have seen them appear on ebay for around $90+, but i didn't have the money at the time. Now that I do, i can't even find a legit copy on ebay, just a bootleg some dude in Korea is selling.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
It's not that I don't have the money for it on ebay, it's just I prefer to stay at my max of $100 for that game. I have seen them appear on ebay for around $90+, but i didn't have the money at the time. Now that I do, i can't even find a legit copy on ebay, just a bootleg some dude in Korea is selling.

Welcome to the arcade game hobby where six months ago when you didn't want the game they were everywhere and a reasonable price but now that you do want it they're nowhere to be found but when they are they're ridiculously priced. The prices from 2014-> 2015 are fucking insane. Metal Slug 1 was a $25 cart now suddenly it's going for $60. This goes for most arcade hardware now.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Glad to see some replies. Yes, I am aware that I have most likely obtained boots. The bottom one is a dead giveaway for a boot. But I will be okay as long as the top one is a legit. Even then, $50 isn't bad for three MVS games imo, boot or not.

Honestly, if that is a legit FFS (and who would boot that?) and two working PB boots it's still a good price.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

Yeah, as Pasky said, prices are on the up and up; eBay, forums, garage sales. You've just got to be patient, really. But not too patient either. For example, there were some Breakers carts on eBay that we're reasonable, I didn't bite because I was chasing another costly game, I missed the exe cart I was after and in that time, the Breakers carts are gone. So what should have I done? It's all about playing the market, patience, luck and sometimes paying that bit extra. Do not expect prices to stabilise anytime soon as we're all in the same boat and we're all pissed that everyone else is fishing for the same games. The waters are drying out.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Dreamcast prices are pissing me off. I want a project justice, but I am never spending 100$ on that shit.

Pasky

Dreamcast prices are pissing me off. I want a project justice, but I am never spending 100$ on that shit.

It's amazing to me how this is suddenly sky rocketing across all platforms. In 2012 no one gave a shit about Genesis/Mega Drive carts. Now you have shit like Splatterhouse 3 reaching SNES cart level prices. Alien Soldier was $110 when I got it around 2013, game is now selling for $350+ constantly. I dunno what the fuck is going on but I don't think it's going to stop, I'm grateful I have a lot of the stuff I wanted and I have modchips/flashcarts so I don't impulse buy at insane prices now. I dunno why everyone got this GOTTA COLLECT THEM ALL mentality suddenly, but I guess it isn't going away anytime soon.

Don't even bother trying to grab any SNES titles you want now, shit is insane.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
It's all the propaganda and these youtube personalities that get worshiped by people who just don't have patience or think about shit. It's worse though because it's the perfect market for criminal level manipulation due to the fear of 'omg I better buy it now'. In some instances it is true. I bought out all the MVS games I wanted most when it was still possible. MVS was considered the pleb answer to the AES, which has always been crazy, but at least the low US print numbers made sense.. Thing is, the japanese resellers are greedy as fuck after ages of being cool. I blame that on stupid instances and price trending. Who the fuck wants a super common jp last blade 2 for a retarded price??

Smart phones>shirt tuck resellers>ebay propaganda and BIN's nobody buys>youtube personality worship. All things in this situation are just a pain in the ass. All it takes is one idiot to BIN a youtube topic game that is overpriced, how much damage can be done in that one instance? Does that one stupid thing impact the game in terms of trending? I never sell on ebay. Curious really..

Gamechasers, AVGN, happyconsolegamer, gamesack, metaljesusrocks etc. All this does is make people turn to the past and that new influx would drive up anything. Look how many views those channels get. It's ridiculous. Unless you were grandfathered before like me and others, you can forget gaming now. It was a dumb luck situation for people who were able to hold their games. A lot of those people hoard games for the sake of only owning something because it is expensive or rare.. Everybody who likes old shit ends up doing this I'd assume. I'm not perfect either, but I play games. This is a huge issue. Couple of years back I bought my Megaman 7 for 120$. I knew it was crazy. I wanted to own that game since I was younger and rented it, I do and I beat that game as well as Rockman and Forte. I had a blast with those games. Easy to jump back into replaying them. How many people who buy this shit play or even put serious time into stuff to justify their hoarding? Gaming has become the same stupid shit that cards and antiques is. Bunch of mean old fucks who have no personality hoarding shit to resell. You wanna see the most horrid place, they had this place called games4less. I never went there until my friend Edgar took me down there one day. Boy was that a downer. Some guy who looked like a car salesmen and games marked so high that the store was like one giant BIN. That shit disgusted me. I can't even find deals on craigslist anymore. Thrift store finds? Been a while. The environment stinks of flat out evil. The market is just to easy to manipulate.

We're heading in a direction where it won't be surprising to see a retro video game museum with these games behind bullet proof casings.

The saddest after effect of all is buyers remorse. After someone drops hundreds on a game they want, and they play it, that burn of how much it cost impacts the experience. How are you going to appreciate a game when you start into it and think 'god did I just spend 250$ on a fucking snes game?' Nobody who loves games wins.

The smart phone invention has absolutely destroyed the hunt for me. Unless I'm at my thrift store at opening and dodging around the greedy reselling fuckheads, it's like forget it. I get the hustle, I understand it to well. Take it from a guy who studies valuables in general totally outside of gaming.

You wanna hear something really shitty? I bid on something on yahoo japan from a guy. I bid like 8+$, reseller that everyone hates comes along and beats me last second for like 100 yen over my max bid. He then flips this shit to ebay and sells it for 74.99$ with a mark down from like 99+$. Explain to me how you have a fucking mark down on something you barely listed? It sets up this notion that it was up forever and got cheaper, nonsense... Well guess what? This jerk just sold one of those items for 74.99$ to some gullible idiot who doesn't know better, and its not like I can contact the guy and say 'hey man, he marked that shit up disgustingly, don't support it'. Since ebay censors the damn winners. This formula protects scumbaggery. That same reseller has repeatedly punished me. He beat me 100 yen on another one I lost for 4000 yen. Then others. It just gets stupid. I now bid stupid high amounts because of this one asshole who has ZERO passion and just takes advantage of idiot americans. I am so spiteful towards this reseller, and he is famous for pissing off people in said scene.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
It's amazing to me how this is suddenly sky rocketing across all platforms. In 2012 no one gave a shit about Genesis/Mega Drive carts. Now you have shit like Splatterhouse 3 reaching SNES cart level prices. Alien Soldier was $110 when I got it around 2013, game is now selling for $350+ constantly. I dunno what the fuck is going on but I don't think it's going to stop, I'm grateful I have a lot of the stuff I wanted and I have modchips/flashcarts so I don't impulse buy at insane prices now. I dunno why everyone got this GOTTA COLLECT THEM ALL mentality suddenly, but I guess it isn't going away anytime soon.

Don't even bother trying to grab any SNES titles you want now, shit is insane.

The market is out of control across the board. We've seen cycles over the past few years where new buyers will suddenly descend on a system like a plague of locusts, devouring everything in sight. Panic ensues among the more deliberate buyers who then rush to pick up the remaining titles they need thus compounding the problem. Rinse, repeat. 90% of these games will sit on a shelf unplayed. Eventually, people will realize the stupidity of this en masse and and peace and order will be restored to the galaxy.

Pasky

Fixed one key point for you :)

Ya, the seller on Ebay, Akiba-Connect is a French faggot living in Japan. They're shady as hell, they will list games on Ebay and not actually own them. If someone buys the auction they rush out to get the PCB and often times it's not even the one they pictured. STV, Akiba-Connect and now actual Japanese sellers have ruined the Japanese market after Europe pretty much dried out Yahoo Jp Auctions.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Wait, are we being serious about Puzzle Bobble?? I know I have seen quite a few PB boots, but I have a legit PB cart that was easy to find.......

Anyways, patience is key. Just the other day a viewpoint mvs sold on ebay for $44. Of course as soon as I clicked it, it sold -.-

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
My favorite thing on NG.COM entirely is those fake for sale threads. I love watching those resellers squirm. I hate resellers so god damn much.

Pasky

It's quite a sight to see all the cockroaches come out of their hiding holes on here when someone posts relatively cheap games.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
ee936ca382e682326f0bbb9baf53376f.jpg

Need S-Vid out of your home cart system?

Hit up the homie Quan. You will not be disappoint!

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
Okay, I see a Korean Red Breakers cart on ebay, $70 starting bid. Think I should jump or wait and see?