Post Your Recent Purchases!

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper
I kinda regret selling my 3do. I had loads of fun with Need For Speed.

I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I never really understood the hate for it. People just hate things without ever using one I guess *coughcough AVGN fanbase *coughcough*

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I'm suprised you two enjoy Twisted the game show. I tried playing both that and Zhadnost with friends a couple months ago and thought they were painful; we couldn't make it to the end in either. I typically like most game show games as well.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I'm suprised you two enjoy Twisted the game show. I tried playing both that and Zhadnost with friends a couple months ago and thought they were painful; we couldn't make it to the end in either. I typically like most game show games as well.

Some of my friends are less than impressed with Twisted, but one of my buddies enthusiastically requests it every time we do any 3DO gaming. It definitely has its quirky charm.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Because I no longer have a SNES setup and will likely be playing it at work. $19 on Amazon. Couldn't say no.

01f146d8fe17fa934de22b03c677a593.jpg

Best rpg of all time, everything else is a distant second

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Best rpg of all time, everything else is a distant second

In fact the DS version is considered the best version.

I sort of wish an HD version would get released for the current consoles, (Not a 3D remaster, an HD Sprites version with Toriyama's art style kept intact). Same with Seiken Densetsu 2 & 3.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
In fact the DS version is considered the best version.

I sort of wish an HD version would get released for the current consoles, (Not a 3D remaster, an HD Sprites version with Toriyama's art style kept intact). Same with Seiken Densetsu 2 & 3.

It probably is a thing, but Square Enix just has a really bad habit of delaying games fans want.

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
Coming back from a trip in Japan, Mandarake and Super Potato shelves were quite disappointing and the few interesting titles more expensive than on ebay :(

e7bc3r.jpg

Last edited:

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Coming back from a trip in Japan, Mandarake and Super Potato shelves were quite disappointing and the few interesting titles more expensive than on ebay :(

View attachment 35435

Yup. Tokyo prices are now eBay or higher - the advantage though is you can see condition with your own eyes and no moron is going to ship your SFC game in a paper envelope like some Frenchie douchenozzle did to me recently.

MySoberCompanion

Yup. Tokyo prices are now eBay or higher - the advantage though is you can see condition with your own eyes and no moron is going to ship your SFC game in a paper envelope like some Frenchie douchenozzle did to me recently.

Den Den Town also became super pricey, and Book Off/Hard Off removed most of the old stuff shelves (nothing special, but very cheap).

I had a strange feeling thinking about my first travel in 2008: I bought RB2 and SS4 AES for 5600¥ each (leaving AoF3 at 9800¥..) and I had to discard a lot of clothes to fit stuff in my suitcase.

A week ago I was at Mandarake in Umeda's shōtengai and I was reflecting that my poor collection of AES and Saturn games was far better than their entire retro corner...

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
It probably is a thing, but Square Enix just has a really bad habit of delaying games fans want.

Because an HD Chronotrigger would sell well enough, but HD Sprites are expensive, and what they really want is something that sells as well as Call of Duty.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Den Den Town also became super pricey, and Book Off/Hard Off removed most of the old stuff shelves (nothing special, but very cheap).

I had a strange feeling thinking about my first travel in 2008: I bought RB2 and SS4 AES for 5600¥ each (leaving AoF3 at 9800¥..) and I had to discard a lot of clothes to fit stuff in my suitcase.

A week ago I was at Mandarake in Umeda's shōtengai and I was reflecting that my poor collection of AES and Saturn games was far better than their entire retro corner...

This is depressing. I best you the majority of their inventory can be found on eBay now thanks your local neighborhood flipper. Japanese people are getting wise to the heat wave.

MySoberCompanion

Congrats on the Hagane cart, local auctions seem to be out of their mind regarding that game, hopefully you found a better price for this gem.

Thank you, oliverclaude.
I paid it more than the reasonable (but less than the actual ebay price): anyway in my humble opinion is one of the more charming and magnetic title of the SF's library. I fear that if I'd procrastinate the purchase to my next travel, it will be more expensive than the plane ticket...

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Got a few items over the last few weeks.

Jamma harness extension for RGB's HAS, Saturn-to-Jamma controller adapter, and some Jamma connector covers from James.
rz119qt.jpg

I read there was some stuff that went down here about this, but whatever, I still like it.
CPS2 Multi kit, Yellow rental MvsSF conversion cart donor, alternate custom label I made, 3D printed LCD holder and replacement Service/Volume buttons:
5CyrzVj.jpg

2cB2LVS.jpg

:buttrock:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member

Jamma harness extension for RGB's HAS, Saturn-to-Jamma controller adapter, and some Jamma connector covers from James.
rz119qt.jpg

I read there was some stuff that went down here about this, but whatever, I still like it.
CPS2 Multi kit, Yellow rental MvsSF conversion cart donor, alternate custom label I made, 3D printed LCD holder and replacement Service/Volume buttons:
5CyrzVj.jpg

2cB2LVS.jpg

Looks clean. Shame to kill a yellow board for it though.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
It was a phoenixed conversion anyways, so the killing happened before me...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've never seen those Saturn to Jamma adapters before, I had to make my own. Sweet.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

rz119qt.jpg

5CyrzVj.jpg

2cB2LVS.jpg

Came out nice. I have to pick up one of those 3d printed lcd covers for mine. I just ghetto invisible taped mine to the board.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Latest pickups

20160429_191829.jpg20160429_191848.jpg

Panorama cotton got delivered today and el viento yesterday, been playing cotton all afternoon and it's pretty amazing graphically for a 16 bit title, superb game as well.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
^ Very nice! Second Samurai is on my want list as is Cotton. I'd settle for cart only on that one if one would show up for a decent price

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Panorama cotton is too expensive to get...................
I'll stick with my boot copy :(