Post Your Recent Purchases!

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Thanks. I've been a fan going well back, actually first started it when it came out on NGPC of all things but it went from there. Very happy to own it, was surprised at that price to get a kit so I did it despite usually just buying game alone (or game+marquee at best.) It's always different every time given all the courses, wind, your timing, etc. It can stay fresh far longer than a lot of them despite being basic on the surface sort of like League Bowling is too.

I'm getting more and more tempted to buy NTM. :p

Tanooki

War Room Troll
NTM is fantastic. Sure it's golf, but it's one of the best of the best when it comes to digital golf in general especially of the unlicensed sort. It's very good, not really any hand holding, variations in the turf, slant of the greens (and speed), the environment (wind) and each of the players have their own set of power levels as well which can have an impact. It has a nice learning curve to it and inspires one to play better by giving you a free hole if you birdie, par will tick away one of the 3 your quarter bought, and bogey or worse pulls away those swings. It has a sold reward vs punishment system in place, not just some stupid clock count down like baseball stars uses, so it inspires you to improve.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The evil goatee makes the ball go just a few yards further.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
true that. i love neo turf masters and would love owning an mvs copy eventually. the visual differences between that and top players golf is night and day. just shows how advanced the games looked on the neo as time went on

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Got a couple PGM2 scoops in:

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

The KOV2 is the English version, not sure of the rarity, but one cool thing is that it saves character progress internally to a battery, so you don't need to use the cards/readers. Full kit from the original owner with the move strips and all that other stuff, not pictured. OL2 I got from a member here, includes the card reader and full set of cards.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Picked this up today! Pretty fun but def some slow down on Metal Slug 2. Monitor looks pretty good though. I haven't opened it up yet but I saw you can connect an MVS board since its JAMMA.

Rub a dub dub, welcome to the club ;) There's a really old thread about these. Yes you will need a new power supply to use real MVS boards.

table5.jpg~original

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Got a couple PGM2 scoops in:

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

The KOV2 is the English version, not sure of the rarity, but one cool thing is that it saves character progress internally to a battery, so you don't need to use the cards/readers. Full kit from the original owner with the move strips and all that other stuff, not pictured. OL2 I got from a member here, includes the card reader and full set of cards.

Nice! 4 player OL2 is my favorite thing to do in all videogamedom.

The battery is inside the cart on PGM2, as opposed to mobo like PGM1. PGM2 batteries are the coin cell type, so they are easy enough to remove &/or replace. I got rid of mine; just one less thing to worry about changing before it leaks/dies/blows up.

There are characters that are only available via card. Not only do I recommend a full set for each PGM2 game, I recommend a *new* set.

Cards only have 300 uses before they go tits up; I had a used card that much to my chagrin died the 3rd time I used it, after I had grinded our half the game.

No bueno.

madman

Nice! 4 player OL2 is my favorite thing to do in all videogamedom.

The battery is inside the cart on PGM2, as opposed to mobo like PGM1. PGM2 batteries are the coin cell type, so they are easy enough to remove &/or replace. I got rid of mine; just one less thing to worry about changing before it leaks/dies/blows up.

There are characters that are only available via card. Not only do I recommend a full set for each PGM2 game, I recommend a *new* set.

Cards only have 300 uses before they go tits up; I had a used card that much to my chagrin died the 3rd time I used it, after I had grinded our half the game.

No bueno.

Cool, I knew about the limited card usage but didn't know about the cards supporting more characters than the internal battery. Will the Chinese OL2 have a battery as well? It sounded like only KOV2 English saved to the battery, but I haven't looked into the PGM2 details that much. I'll probably order a couple spare sets of cards for future proofing. Not sure I'll get around to playing these until the weekend, but I'm looking forward to it.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Must be PGM scoops day! I got a mint Knights of Valour Super Heroes kit for just a couple of bucks more than the cart sells for. Already replaced the Varta battery with a coin cell :)

DSC00836 (Large).JPG

madman

Damn, that's about the mintiest PGM cart I've ever seen. And in English, too. Usually they're beat to hell and back. Nice scoopin'!

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Damn, that's about the mintiest PGM cart I've ever seen. And in English, too. Usually they're beat to hell and back. Nice scoopin'!

You too. Those PGM2s look super-nice!

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Rub a dub dub, welcome to the club ;) There's a really old thread about these. Yes you will need a new power supply to use real MVS boards.

table5.jpg~original

Very nice! I really like that they have the CRT monitors as well as opposed to the LCD screens. It must make them pretty heavy though.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
New camera:

IMG_0134.JPG

Sony a6300. Replaced my Panasonic Lumix G7 with this one. dat 6k sensor.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
6K sensor?? Doesn't that smoke past 35mm? If so that's amazing. Perfectly happy with my DX sensor.

Well, it's a APS-C crop sensor, so it's not full frame. But the sensor is Super 35mm size.

It's a 24.2 megapixel shooter for still's and when shooting 4k video, it samples the entire sensor to record the 4k video rather than cropping just the center of the sensor. So you get a ton of extra detail in the 4k footage as it takes 6k and shoves it down to 4k.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member

Nice, I picked up his OL2 English kit. It's pretty cool that the story is all in English and if you beat the game, it unlocks the hidden characters and saves to the battery.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
13576728_10154248222657226_108508774705115380_o.jpg

My first MSX2 computer. Those two LD players under it are friend's, I'm just checking can I fix them.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Very nice! I really like that they have the CRT monitors as well as opposed to the LCD screens. It must make them pretty heavy though.

I have the Taito one, I don't think they're too heavy, one person can move them around pretty easily.

Last edited: