Post Your Recent Purchases!

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Finally found a copy clean enough to meet my standards. It's about as spotless as it gets. It's going to be "fun" looking for a equal condition copy that is not player's choice. I'm just glad to finally own it. My friend "forgot" his copy at my place forever when I was a kid and then finally reclaimed it a couple years later. Excited to "officially" own it lol. Can't wait to see it on my XP29 with my SNES Mini :)

20170228_153910.jpg

Also found another VA4 model 2 Genesis for super cheap in my thrift store searching. Can't believe this is number two. A guy was just taking it out of the back. I asked if I could see the bottom and they were acting like it wasn't able to be sold yet. The manager walked by and said yeah just sell it. This is Genesis number 7 at my house . . . Jesus. Hoarders: Buried Alive - Genesis Edition :keke:

20170228_155544.jpg

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Here you go neodogg, she's being a miserable cow tonight so this is the best i could do.
She weights in at 48kgs so she's a lump even for a ridgeback.
They are hands down the best breed i've owned, we've had 6 altogether in the family over the years.
A georgeous looking dog, wonderful temperament, absolutely fearless and loyal to a tee.

View attachment 43075

Thanks for sharing, here is/was Neo. He was about 85 lbs.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
typos galore

Got my hands on an English Faselei Press cartridge sent out to magazines for review just a day or 2 before SNK went bankrupt. I doubt it's any different from the blister pack cartridges that were released later with the ESRB label, but it's nice to own a piece of SNK history, even if it is just the cart with a shitty label on it.

fas 1.jpg

faselei.jpg

Last edited:

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Finally found a copy clean enough to meet my standards. It's about as spotless as it gets. It's going to be "fun" looking for a equal condition copy that is not player's choice. I'm just glad to finally own it. My friend "forgot" his copy at my place forever when I was a kid and then finally reclaimed it a couple years later. Excited to "officially" own it lol. Can't wait to see it on my XP29 with my SNES Mini :)

View attachment 43146

Also found another VA4 model 2 Genesis for super cheap in my thrift store searching. Can't believe this is number two. A guy was just taking it out of the back. I asked if I could see the bottom and they were acting like it wasn't able to be sold yet. The manager walked by and said yeah just sell it. This is Genesis number 7 at my house . . . Jesus. Hoarders: Buried Alive - Genesis Edition :keke:

View attachment 43147

Nice man. I just recently reached the last dungeon in LttP for the first time. I'm doing a thing where I keep one SNES game in my system and don't swap it till I beat it. It's quite fun this way.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Nice man. I just recently reached the last dungeon in LttP for the first time. I'm doing a thing where I keep one SNES game in my system and don't swap it till I beat it. It's quite fun this way.

I love that idea! I need to do that to actually complete some games for once lol

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
vcr.jpg
Picked this up today for 4 bucks so I can digitize some old home movies, please excuse the mess on my desk

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
You really want an S-VHS player for that since it does S-VIDEO & most have a built in frame buffer to make the video output better. For $4 though? That's a hell of a deal. Finding any VCR that works is tough these days since they're so fragile.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
gotta say February was a great month of pickups. These 3 items were definitely the highlights!

Grabbed 2 great aes titles for a great price!
R0msW0Xl.jpg

Proud owner of a nice neo 25 candy cab!
EMwuvjWl.jpg

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Component switcher, and an RGB Wii cable,

3U0plRT.jpg

A few Wii U games,

gfBFbZS.jpg

A Card Catcher adapter cart.

Even though there's a dedicated slot on the side for the Sega Card games on that RetroFreak Gear Converter, I kinda keep on finding new ways to make the stuff work on it. :p lol

X6AxUUH.jpg

embergabor

New Challenger
I recently replaced all the buttons in my custom bartop arcade from Sanwa style snap-in buttons to Happ style concave screw-in ones. Well worth it. I should have used these from the start.
This was the original setup
iGTSeiZ.jpg

New player buttons, black Coin and Player Start buttons
ShPtVy6.jpg

Attachments

• Zycqqtx.jpg
    Zycqqtx.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 299

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Beautiful cab Cubano!!! Awesome mod, it fits so well, I'd like to see pics of the side to show how the stripe works with the red bezel. I also painted my NAC speaker shroud black as well, I think it's a great look. However I wish that I could see that shroud white contrasting with the red like the cp does. Still a great job! Congrats!

Embergabor, welcome. I'm glad to hear you prefer happ concave buttons, I like them a lot too. I used to build custom sticks and when the button layout is ergonomic I always preffeed concave button as you're always on center, extremely comfortable. I do prefer convex buttons though, overtime I find them even more comfortable over concave and they look pretty slick too. It's all a matter of preference of course, I just think it's cool that you prefer them over sanwa. I enjoy the variety...even seimitsu.

Last edited:

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
gotta say February was a great month of pickups. These 3 items were definitely the highlights!

Grabbed 2 great aes titles for a great price!
R0msW0Xl.jpg

Proud owner of a nice neo 25 candy cab!
EMwuvjWl.jpg

Congratulations on the Neo 25, its an awesome cabinet. Xian Xi on here can make a jamma/mvs adapter to let you run regular jamma boards in there too. You can actually rotate those- its not easy or quick, but can be done. I absolutely love mine and I know you'll put in quite a bit of time on yours.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Thanks for sharing, here is/was Neo. He was about 85 lbs.

Sorry for the late reply Neodogg, been busy in work.
He looks fab, bet you miss the old boy, they really are part of the family.
Nothing quite like a welcome from a ridgeback when you get back home after work, they go crazy lol.