Post Your Recent Purchases!

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Raiden, Tempest and AvP are the best ones out of that lot. Sensible soccer is good too. Jag version of Wolfenstein is one of the better console versions.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
In addition to the 3 madman listed, Zool 2 on Jag is great and it's a good port of Doom. No in level music unfortunately, but you can use the keypad to switch to any weapon instantly.

Also look into the port of Rayman. Not as great as the Saturn version but it has some unique content and it looks god damn amazing on RGB. Better than the PS1 version easily.

Pitfall and Ruiner Pinball are also solid gets.

noir

Overtop Pathfinder
Raiden, Tempest and AvP are the best ones out of that lot. Sensible soccer is good too. Jag version of Wolfenstein is one of the better console versions.

I was excited for Raiden, but I think I've been spoiled by the MVS. Controls on Raiden felt sluggish. Maybe it's just the awful controller.

In addition to the 3 madman listed, Zool 2 on Jag is great and it's a good port of Doom. No in level music unfortunately, but you can use the keypad to switch to any weapon instantly.

Also look into the port of Rayman. Not as great as the Saturn version but it has some unique content and it looks god damn amazing on RGB. Better than the PS1 version easily.

Pitfall and Ruiner Pinball are also solid gets.

Rayman is one I'm excited for. I have yet to try Zool 2. Pitfall, Ruiner Pinball, and Mutant Penguins are sealed, so I probably won't touch them. I don't usually seek out sealed stuff, but when I come across it, it's hard to break the seal.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I got a RGB cable for my Jag not too long ago, and Tempest never looked so good. Check out the rotary controllers that bloke on eBay sells too. They are fantastic and have improved my game immensely. Lots of Jag hate, but there is certainly some fun to be had with it.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Pitfall, Ruiner Pinball, and Mutant Penguins are sealed, so I probably won't touch them. I don't usually seek out sealed stuff, but when I come across it, it's hard to break the seal.

Collectard.

Pitfall sucks. Pinball Fantasies is a better pinball game (just make sure you don't get a new one so you can actually play it).

noir

Overtop Pathfinder
I got a RGB cable for my Jag not too long ago, and Tempest never looked so good. Check out the rotary controllers that bloke on eBay sells too. They are fantastic and have improved my game immensely. Lots of Jag hate, but there is certainly some fun to be had with it.

Noticed those recently. May need to look into that as a side project at some point.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Brutal Sports Football is pretty fun, too. One of my favorites on the Jaguar.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Can you tell me where to find that splitter and the cables? And when you try it out, if there's any lag?

Unfortunately, it doesn't work properly for me. It causes some weird double and shifting of the image on the screen and even causes my arcade monitor to go goofy while the splitter is plugged in and not connected to the GBS8200 scaler. It's being returned tomorrow. This makes me a sad panda.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Dodonpachi, Guardians, and PGM combo from Mike. Also included a nice Alienware mouse and keyboard.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Collectard.

Pitfall sucks. Pinball Fantasies is a better pinball game (just make sure you don't get a new one so you can actually play it).

Agreed, while less awesome than it was a decade ago or so, but in the EU only there was a GBA 2 pack called Pinball Challenge Deluxe that has both Pinball Dreams and Fantasies in the same cartridge. Hell of a pick up if you're a GBA gamer.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
20170522_120827_zpszw0bb3df.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I have no idea what you are talking about. WTF are you doing? Are you baking with lead? Should I start dissecting your need for attention or something?

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Won this PC CRT monitor which apparently has BNC connectors at the rear. If anyone knows any good collect and deliver courier service in the UK let me know. This thing weighs 32kgs

It goes by the name of Radius PrecisionView 21. Can't find any more info on the web regarding resolutions of it etc.

These are just the ebay images

Last edited:

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I can't see the links you posted. I think that brand uses a diamondtron tube. The BNC connectors offer the same resolution as vga in rgbhv connections. I think the max resolution would be 1600x1200

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
I can't see the links you posted. I think that brand uses a diamondtron tube. The BNC connectors offer the same resolution as vga in rgbhv connections. I think the max resolution would be 1600x1200

I hosted the links elsewhere. They should appear now.

Yes, it uses a Sony Diamontron tube. That's the only info I know to be honest.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Looks like it gives a great image Lucas, was it expensive?

Hey Colin! I won it through bidding. Bidding ended at £47ish which is not bad considering how much good CRTs and PVMs/BVMs go for these days.

Just need to sort out the collect and delivery now and Martin is not getting back :P

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I'm curious... Does it support 15Khz?

How's scanlines live? It's hard to tell from the pics.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Okay, so here is a pic of the item. No my picture but none the less.

Got this super cheap and I was like holy crap!

Can't wait to get it hooked up for my LD player.

I'm sure some of you will remember these monsters. Back in the day this thing cost 20k. These days I picked it up for 105 + shipping.

I'm sure by today's standard it isn't the best at what it does, but more or less I just wanted it because, there was no way I could have afforded one back then and it's mostly just to be awesome sitting there with the laser disc player for my old school video setup.

s-l1600.jpg

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug
Brutal Sports Football is pretty fun, too. One of my favorites on the Jaguar.

Well I really loved Iron soldier. And to be honest I love Jaguar and I think it is one system worth to have, one great reason is the fact if has exclusives that no other console had, despite the bad exclusives , it has some very good (AVP, Iron Soldier, Battlemorph, and others).